*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327679-The-Sintorian-Wars-Chapter-2-unedited
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1327679
The Departure of Reign from his home town of Sipore`.
Chapter 2
The departure

The last...What could it mean? The last what? This question lingered in Reign's mind as he dug a grave for Amillious under the big tree. He laid him to rest there and prayed to the gods before he burried him. that was the second father Reign had to bury. His heart moarned for it had nothing and nobody left in the land. Even through all the pains he had felt in the past, lonliness had never been one of them until now. As he finneshed the grave, he stood and looked at the desolate farm...nothing... He was walking past the blood stained stump when he saw the box for the first time in almost eleven years. He suddenly remembered the book and the fabel, the picture. He quickly opened the box and took out the old necklece. He looked at it carefully, examining it for somthing...perhaps hope. he found an inscription on the back that was worn but seemed to say "Noin lives". Reign put on the necklece and his father's dagger. He started to walk towards the remains of the town.
Already the people were working to salvage what was left of their lives after the fires. Reign had saved some money by working odd jobs in the little spare time he had. He used the money to purchase a horse that could no longer be cared for. He named the horse Phoenix for it would come out of the flames to once again have a life. He used the last of the money to purchase a flint, food, a blanket, and a sword at the black smith's that had not been damaged by the fire and falling stone. The blade was quite old though and Reign got it for a cheap price. He mounted Phoenix and prepped him for the journey. Before he left he took one look back at the ruins of the bakery. He let out a sigh and galloped northwest. From Sinpore` Reign traveled through the western woods across the border to the plains of Incantesa. From there he paid a fairy man to boat him across the Joining River. He jouneyed until he reached the city of Jarin. It was the capitol of Incantesa. Protected by the rivers Joining and Foundation and to the north by the Great Mystic Lake. Jarin was noted for having a grand fleet of ships that traveled up and down the rivers and traded with the ports of the world. The city was rich in fine silks from Peace Isle, grand stone pillars from the land of Serinteria. The City had massive walls surrounding the interior. The homes, shops, and buildings of the city smelled of rich wood and shown an exterior of beautifully sculpted rock. though as any rich port city it was also filled with pirates. Reign on several occasions stoped a slip of the hand from oncoming traffic into the city and in the docks were docked many unmarked boats which stood about a half chance of being either pirate or solo merchant ships. He stopped at the local inn and purchased a room for the night. He figured this place was as good as any to try and make his way in life but his riddled past and destiny had other plans.
© Copyright 2007 Tales From the Soul (vivid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327679-The-Sintorian-Wars-Chapter-2-unedited