*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327687-The-Sintorian-Wars-chapter-3-unedited
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1327687
Reign's Vision and enlightenment
Chapter 3
The Vision

As he laid his head down to rest he gazed at the flame flickering in the lantern. He closed his eyes and fell into deep slumber. As soon as sleep took him he was awoken by loud noise all around him. Horses, crashing metal, and the sounds of screaming men surrouded him. As he sat up he saw that he was in the middle of a battlefield. Men running all around locking weapon and flesh against a grand army of creatures half horse, half human. They reeked and gleamed of evil itself and as the two armies collided it shown that Reign was not really there for foot, sword, arm, and arrow flew through him as if he were a ghost. As he stood in awe a figure came before him; clothed in robes of purple and giving a light ever so dim. The man was very tall and handsome. His Robes of fine silk and his shoulder plates of pure mithrale while his gontletes glimmered with gold. This man was either a great warrior or an even greater king, maybe even both. "Hello Reign", he said in a hypnotizing voice. "What you see before you is not what is happening or even what has happened but sight of what is to come. You have great potential and are born of royal blood of the great land Noin. You are the decendant and only heir to the throne of your fathers"...As the two men stood side by side, Reign watched the bloody battle with such a sence of reality that on several occasions he drew his sword and swung at the grotest Sintorian. They stood as the armies of men fell by the sword and the spear, then trampled by the hooves of the enemy. As the battle slowed to an end the scene began to shift. battle after battle filled the expanse of time and space until the entire world was but desolate ash and ruin. Reign felt sick to his soul by the time the last man fell...a lone soldier overcome by 300,000. the last of the human race struck down by a blow to the throat. As he lie dying, the man gasped for air while the blood poured from his neck and mouth. An enemy general walked up and laid a spear in his heart. The cheers of the darkness and the stomping of the hooves could be heard at all ends of the Earth. As the bloody field faded, a castle arose from the ashes. Deep in a mountain valley, fire consumed the land surrounding the structure. Lakes of molten rock and metal spotted the plains where rivers and lakes once resided. Dragons flew from and perched on the many sharp and jagged towers; gargoyles with the most piercing eyes paved the dark stone ledges. It was truely the vision of Hell on Earth. Just being in that place made his skin crawl and his spirit crash. As he stood at the gates the black stone grew closer. He found himself passing through the walls and entering the main hall where two massive doors at least 30 feet high. The hall was bathed in black silks of the best quality and skeletons of men hung like chandliers from the roof. the floors were of fine onix and the the massive weapons of the enemy filled the walls. The room was lit by giant bowls hoisted many feet above the ground but other then that the constant roll of lightning crashes illuminated the room in blinding flashes. The door was of black oak with hinges of gold and on it was the engraven image of one of the enemy leaders, he guessed it was the King, standing over and killing what appeared to be a God by its giant stature and radiant body. Before he could blink twice he had passed through the door. and was standing in the Dark King's throne room. An Evil room as long as the eye could see of glimmering rubies and gold tainted by the blood of thousands of humans. the pillars of Dragons, Trolls, and all other evil creatures leading up to the throne. The Throne itself was a nightmare to behold. tens of thousands of skulls all of defeated soldiers, pilled high as 3 full elves standing on one another's shoulders. The stench was overwhelming with the smells of blood and rot and the sight haunted Reign for the rest of his life. Upon the throne was a golden bed which was crafted into two dragons, their foreheads meeting but it was no chair for the King was half a steed and didn't sit as human kings sit. Cusions of black lay all about the top of the heep of skulls and upon it lay the Dark One himself. He was drunk and fat off the blood and flesh of the humans mixed in with the best of wines. Mares drew all around him and did as he pleased in fear for their lives.
With an uncontrollable rage reign bolted up the moutain of skulls and swung violently at the King until his arms grew numb but still passed through as though a phantom every time. In tears now he rolled back down the slope of death and cried out to see no more. As he lay weeping the comforting arm of the stranger's hand rested on his shoulder. "Its is up to you to prevent these things from coming to pass. On your back lies the fate of the human race, neigh, all things and creatures of good." Reign turned to ask who the man was and why him and before he could open his mouth he found himself throughing back sheets and rising back in his bed at the inn. A calm voice rang in the night... travel west to Evertin to the town of Balwin and there you will find the covenant... Reign rose from his bed and gathered his things. he hurried down and out the door. as he rode into the night he saw that he was being followed by two men in black robes on black horses. Reign drew his sword and circled around. the man to his left also drew arms. They clashed swords for two or three passes then the hooded men rode to a near tree and dismounted. Reign rode, sword still drawn up to where the men were. The shorter one whom had given battle with reign removed his cloak. "I am Falcorn of the north and this is Dayzar of the far east. We have been sent to guide you to the covenant. Now let us ride into the night for it will take many days journey to reach Balwin. So off they rode into the night to a far off country and a journey not soon forgotten by the world.
© Copyright 2007 Tales From the Soul (vivid at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1327687-The-Sintorian-Wars-chapter-3-unedited