*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329244-A-Year-in-the-Life-of-Sarah-pt-2
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · LGBTQ+ · #1329244
Sarah's life becomes full of all sort of new things: job, boyfriend, love interest?
July
"The best way to get Tanya to behave is to threated her," Hector said, watching as Sarah set up her camera. "Threated her? Like tell her I'm going to beat her up?" Sarah asked, looking over at him curiously. Hector sighed and shook his head, "No." Sarah stopped what she was doing and waited. "Tell her that if she doesn't like it, you'll just get Adrien to do it," he went on. Sarah nodded, "Seems I remember K.C telling her that once. But if Tanya is the most in-demand model here, why does she feel threatened by Adrien?" Hector laughed, "A couple of reasons, some of which I won't repeat because it's none of my business. But the main one is because Tanya knows that Adrien is as good as a model as she and in this business, today's it girl could be tomorrow's has-been." Sarah nodded, "Makes sense.""We have a problem," K.C said, coming into the room, Liz right behind her. "What kind of problem?" Hector asked. "Yves Saint Laurent wants some of our models," K.C replied. "What's the problem? Isn't that good news?" Sarah asked, confused. "It is good news until you realize that Yves has major issues with the photography company that we work with in Paris," Liz answered, "Yves refuses to have one of their photographers shoot the models displaying his work." "So I'm going to have to have to send one of you," K.C explained, taking a deep breath. Hector and Sarah looked at one another. "I can't. I have to shoot a bunch of stuff for Nylon," Hector said, "They've already paid me." K.C turned to focus on Sarah, "And you?" "I suppose I could. But I don't have a passport," Sarah said slowly. "A mere passport has never stopped BMA before. I can put a rush on it," K.C declared, " You leave Thursday." With that, she left the room, off to do something else. "What have I gotten myself into?" Sarah asked Liz. Liz laughed, "Nothing you can't handle." Sarah narrowed her eyes, "Elaborate." "You will be flying to Paris with Tanya, Adrien, Andy, and Jennifer. You all be staying at the Marriott and work for at least two or three days. Then you'll come back home," Liz said, "Nothing you haven't done before, except from being in another country." "I don't speak a word of French," Sarah realized suddenly, "How will I know what's going on?" Hector laughed, "Relax. The girls have spent enough time in Paris to have picked up enough phases to manage." "He's right. In fact, I am pretty sure that Andy speaks fluent French," Liz added, smiling. "But who's to say that they wouldn't tell me the wrong thing to embarass me?" Sarah asked. She was no fool; she knew the games that the models played on one another, especially while on trips. Liz frowned, "I can't promise they won't. But if you look bad or mess up, it reflects on them. So I don't think they'll do anything too bad."

"So you'll be back on Sunday?" Craig asked, watching as Sarah packed. "More than likely," she replied, going back to her closet. "I'm going to miss you," Criag said, already sounding sad. Sarah stopped and turned to him, "I'm going to miss you too." They hugged and kissed then Sarah continued packing. "Nervous?" he asked, sitting on the edge of her bed, "This is your first trip to Paris, right? And you don't speak French?" Sarah nodded, "Yes on all accounts." Craig laughed at that. "I wish your first trip to France could have been with me," he said softly a moment later. Sarah smiled, "Then come with me. K.C won't pay for your way or anything but you could stay in my hotel room with me." Craig grinned but shook his head, "As appealing as that idea is, I can't. Work beckons." Sarah sighed but didn't reply. She looked over her suitcase and carry on bag, trying to remember if she had forgotten anything. "Need a ride to the airport?" Craig asked, standing up. Sarah nodded, zipping up the cases, "If I've forgotten anything, I can just buy it or borrow it." Once they had loaded up, they took off to the airport. Craig, ever the perfect gentleman, carried her bags in and held on to them while she checked in. He insisted on carrying her carry on bag all the way up to the termial where they kissed goodbye and he stood and waved while she walked down to the gate. Tanya and Andy were already there, sitting opposite of one another. Tanya was on her cell phone and Andy was lazily flipping through a magazine. Sarah sat down beside Andy who looked up at her and smiled, "Well, we're good to go; our photographer's here." "I've never flown before," Sarah said, just now realizing it. "You'll be fine," Andy assured her, patting her hand before focusing her attention on the magazine. Sarah didn't know what to do, so she began to look around, especially looking out to see the planes land. "Sweethearts!" an all too familar voice called out, causing all three to look. Sure enough, Jamie was walking toward them, a leather carry on bag in his hand. Beside him was Adrien, also holding a leather bag. "Is Jamie coming with us?" Tanya asked as they got closer. "No, I'm actually just coming back from New York," Jamie replied, "What wonderful timing that I arrive back just fifteen minutes before you all leave." Adrien put her bag in the seat beside Sarah but remainded standing. "Why were you in New York?" Andy asked, closing her magazine. Tanya, however, continued talking on her phone. "I was checking out this director's style," Jamie answered, "He wants me to play in his new play but I'm not sure." "He lies," Adrien said, rolling her eyes, "He just told me that the director is good looking and bisexual. You know he's going to be in that play." Jamie laughed, "Adrien could be an actress but she argues with the directors too much." "And Jamie could be a model but he can't stay still long enough for them to take a picture," Adrien retorted, smiling. "I'm full of energy, what can I say?" Jamie said, shrugging and grinning. "Save it for the bedroom, cowboy," Adrien advised. Andy and Sarah were both watching this exchange, amused. "I had sex with a cowboy once," Jamie said, appering thoughtful. Andy said, "I have this thing for cowboys." "Well .." Jamie started and Adrien clamped a hand over his mouth, "Okay, stop right there. We don't want details." "I do!" Andy exclaimed, causing them all to laugh. "All I can say is that the fantasy is much better than reality. All that bouncing up and down on the horse must have an affect on size. And don't even get me started on their love making techique," Jamie told her, shaking his head, looking disappointed. "What part of we don't want the details didn't you understand?" Adrien demanded. "That wasn't details. That was a small summary," Jamie told her and they both laughed. "Where's Jennifer?" Tanya demanded, apparently having ended her personal conversation. "I don't know," Andy said, frowning. "Looks like you all are boarding," Jamie commented, "Have a good trip." He gave them all hugs and promised that if he saw Jennifer, he would make her hurry.

"What are they saying?" Sarah asked to no one in particular. "He's mad because he asked for four models, not three," Tanya replied, holding up a mirror to check her make-up. Sarah nodded and continued watching Andy argue with the pint sized man opposite of her. Abruptly, Tanya turned to Adrien, "Are you going out tonight?" Sarah looked over, confused. She didn't think she had ever heard Tanya and Adrien have a personal coversation. Adrien glanced over and shook her head. "I'm planning on staying in, catch up on some long lost sleep," she replied and Tanya nodded. Sarah gave Adrien a What look but Adrien ignored her. "Okay, he's agreed to do the shoot with just three models," Andy said, coming back over to them, "The dresses are already in the room and there's a camera already set up in studio four." With that, Sarah left them and quickly found studio four. Just as she finishing adjusting the camera, they came in with the pint sized man behind them. He spoke in rapid French but between his gestures and Andy occasionally translating, Sarah figured out that he wanted each model to be shot individually, then as a group, and then in pairs. "Pairs? We can only make one pair without repeating somone," Sarah said at the last. Andy told the man and that's when Sarah found out what had been discussed in the dressing room. "Me? I'm not a model. I'm a photographer!" she exclaimed, "Besides, if I'm in the shoot, who'll take the pictures?" "Auto," Adrien reminded her and Sarah suddenly wondered where those particular pictures had gone. "It's simple. You get dressed, you take the shots without you in them. Then for the paired shots, you put the camera on auto," Andy explained and Sarah saw that there was no room to argue. Two hours later, she took the last shot of the day, the one of Adrien and Andy standing on either side of a black Corvette which was similar to the one of her and Tanya standing beside a red Ferrari. Once they had all changed, the pint sized man, whose name turned out to Claude, arranged for them to be taken to a hotel after being treated to dinner at a very nice restaurant. To Sarah's delight, the rooms had balconies and once she had taken a bath, she immediately went out onto hers. Drink in hand, she sat down on the wicker chair and looked out into Paris. If she turned her head to the right, she could see the Effiel Tower, which was what she was doing when she realized that she could also see into the room next to hers. Since the room was only lit by a lamp, it took her a moment to see who was laying on the bed, apparently talking on the phone; she knew it had to be either Adrien or Andy since Tanya was on in the room to the left of hers. Sure enough, the person sat up and Sarah saw that it was Adrien. Adrien turned her head toward the door leading into the hallway and stood up, hanging up her phone as she did so. Someone must be knocking on her door, Sarah realized as Adrien disappered from sight. Seeing Adrien on the phone reminded Sarah that she had to call Craig. Just as she started to turn to go back inside her room, she saw Adrien walked back into sight. Sarah frowned when Tanya also came into view. She could understand Andy because Andy and Adrien were friends. But why would Tanya go to Adrien's room?

August
"Sarah! K.C wants to see you in her office," Liz called as Sarah walked in. "Alright," she replied, taking off her coat. "I hate the rain, Paige complained, coming in right behind Sarah, shaking the water off her umbrella. "Better get used to it. Weather man predicts it's going to storm all week," Sarah told her before heading off to K.C's office. She knocked and then pushed the door open. K.C was sitting at her desk, pictures spread out across it. Even before she got too close, Sarah could see that they were the pictures she took in Paris. Without a word, K.C gestured to the empty seat and Sarah sat down immediately. Am I about to recieve praise or complaint? she wondered, suddenly a little nervous. "I just got these pictures back," K.C said, picking one up. It was the group shot, Sarah included. "Yes?" Sarah asked, pleased that her voice sounded more sure than she felt. "Well, I must say that prehaps we have mistaken your place with BMA," K.C said and Sarah was baffled, "Clearly you belong in front of the camera as much, if not more, than you belong behind it." It took a second for the words to sink it and then Sarah laughed. "You're judging that off what? Two pictures?" K.C smiled and opened a drawer. From it she pulled out a folder. Within moments, she had several other pictures laid out on top of the others. "And these," she replied and Sarah leaned closer. "You kept those?" she asked, struggling to sound indifferent, "I thought they went to Adrien so she could pick out which to put in her portfolio." "All photographs are delivered to me and I give them to the models," K.C explained, "I showed Adrien which ones I thought would work best. Normally she insists on looking at all of them herself but for some reason, she just took my word on this particular shoot." "Why did you keep them if Adrien isn't going to use them?" Sarah asked, her eyes scanning the pictures. What had the last picture been of? she wondered, uncomfortable. "I liked these. They showed a lighter side of BMA. I was actually toying with the idea of using one or two for advertisments," K.C answered, "That is if you and Adrien have no objections." Something in her voice had Sarah looking straight up at her. With her eyes on Sarah, K.C reached into the folder and pulled out another photograph. The developer had apperantly decided to just do the dance pictures in color because all the others were in black and white, like this one. In it, Sarah and Adrien were standing opposite of one another, facing, Adrien holding Sarah's wrist, their eyes locked intensely. K.C dropped it in front of Sarah and they sat in silence for several moments. Finally K.C broke it, "Dare I ask what would have been in the next picture had there been one?" "Not what you think. She left go of my wrist and I walked off," Sarah replied, yanking her eyes away and looking up at her. K.C leaned back, "Well, it makes for a hell of a picture. In fact, the only thing that would have made it better was if one of you were blonde for more contrast. Sex sells and this picture screams romantic sex which sells even more. BMA could make a fortune off that photograph." Sarah was stunned but also pissed off. She was about to tell K.C off when K.C added, "But I won't. Take it. Burn it, keep it, I don't care. It's yours." With that, she tossed the folder down. "Thank you," Sarah said, quickly tucking the picture down inside the folder. "Sarah, I didn't call you in here for that. I called you in about you possibly doing some modeling as well as being a photographer," K.C said as Sarah stood. Sarah thought about it for three seconds and then nodded, "Sure, I'll model some." K.C grinned, 'I might get my fortune out of you yet." They both laughed.

"Talk about a windfall," Felicia said, "And you owe it all to me." Sarah laughed, "I suppose I do. Want do you want?" Felicia seemed to think it over and then replied, "Since you have connections now, I want to go to Club M. One night there changed your whole life, for the better I might add. I want to see if it can help mine." "Wow, I hadn't thought about it but she's right. If you hadn't gone to Club M, you wouldn't have met me, gotten the job with BMA, or learned that you have modeling skills," Craig said, sounding a litte in awe. "Or been to Paris," Felicia added, "Which has always been my dream, not hers." Sarah laughed again, "You're both right. Alright, Felicia, I'm sure that we can get into Club M." "Actually, I think Kerri was planning on going there tonight," she added, heading to grab her coat. Once outside, they had to flag down a cab in the pouring rain. "I'm beginning to think that this damn is never going to quit," Craig complained as they settled into the backseat. "Where to?" the cabbie asked, looking over his shoulder at them. "Club M," Felicia told him, sounding rather proud. When they got there, Sarah doubted that she would be able to bypass the line but decided to give it a shot anyway. Antoine, the bouncer, gave her a glare when she told him her name but looked for it. Suddenly he looked up, smiled, and then opened the door. Sarah's jaw nearly dropped and she paused to ask, "Why am I on the list?" Antoine laughed and pointed to where the letters BMA were beside her name, "My cousin, K.C. All of her models and friends are on my list." Sarah motioned for Craig and Felicia on in after telling Antoine thanks. "Damn, you must have great connections now, We didn't even have to wait in line!" Felicia exclaimed, impressed. Sarah shrugged it off but truth was that she was just as in awe. "My employer has great connections," she corrected but Felicia had already taken off. "Let's go and get a drink," Craig suggested, taking Sarah's hand and leading her over to the bar. For the next hour, she and Craig alternated between dancing and drinking, occasionally meeting up with Felicia. A slow song came on and Craig pulled her out onto the dance floor. While they were swaying back and forth, Sarah saw Kerri just a few feet away, dancing with a guy that Sarah recongized from when he would come in to take Kerri out to lunch. Once the song was over with, Sarah called Kerri over. "When I mentioned that I was coming here, you didn't tell me that you were as well," Kerri gripped, laughing. "It was spur of the moment," Sarah told her, shrugging. "Oh, honey, this is Sarah whom you've already met and her boyfriend, Craig. Craig, this is Nick, my boyfriend," Kerri said gesturing from one to the other. The two men exchanged hellos and were soon involved in talking about sports. "I think Nick has found his new best friend," Kerri commented to Sarah and they both laughed, causing the men to look at them. "Nothing," Sarah and Kerri said in unison, causing the men to be even more confused. "Are you shooting the Dior or are you going to be in it?" Kerri asked, turning to Sarah. "Shooting it. But I'm in the Chanel," Sarah replied, pleased. "Chanel? I'm jealous!" Kerri exclaimed and then suddenly shook her head, "No, wait. I'm not. Tanya's in the Chanel." Sarah hadn't known that. Can I work with her knowing what I know? she wondered and then quickly scolded herself, Of course you can! You've worked with Adrien since Paris. "Oh, I know why Jennifer didn't go with you all to the Saint Laurent shoot," Kerri said, as if she had been reading Sarah's mind, her voice low. "Why?" Sarah demanded. Jennifer hadn't even called to let anyone know where she was and had been missing a lot of work since. "She's pregnant," Kerri answered and Sarah's jaw dropped for a second time.

"Maybe I should become a model," Hector joked as Sarah stepped out onto the sheet. "If we ever run a Viagra ad, you can," K.C told him, causing them all to laugh. Well, all of them except for Tanya. She was standing near the door, arms crossed. Sarah knew that Tanya didn't like the idea of her working as a model and had told K.C that BMA already had enough models to which K.C had dropped the bomb about Jennifer being pregnant and Sarah was to be her replacement. When Sarah had been first walked in Hector's room, Tanya had muttered, "You're only here because women keep getting pregnant." It had taken quite a bit for Sarah to choke back her retort of And that's something you don't have to worry about, right? Hector announced that he was ready and Tanya joined Sarah on the sheet. Halfway through the shoot, K.C left, leaving only Kerri and Andy who were waiting for Sarah to get done so they could do the Dior shoot. Just as they were finishing, Paige and Adrien came in. "Every man's dream, to be alone in a room with six lovely women," Hector commented, smiling. "Keep dreaming," Andy called to him. "Meet me in my room," Sarah told Andy and Kerri as she headed back into the changing room. In the changing room, she and Tanya didn't say a thing to one another which was normal. After she was done and had hung up the dress, she left Hector's room. As she walked pass an empty room on her way to her own room, the door opened and before she had time to think, she was yanked into the room. It several seconds for her mind to catch up, "Adrien, what the hell are you doing?" "I need to talk to you," Adrien replied, closing the door. Sarah's heart jumped and her nerves seemed to have lost it. "Talk about what, exactly?" she asked, trying to sound pissed off. "Us," Adrien said simply and Sarah's nerves went haywire. "K.C told me that she gave you a picture. She didn't say which picture but from her expression as well as yours right now, I can gather which one," Adrien went on, her eyes steady on Sarah's. "So?" Sarah asked, doing her best to sound indifferent. "So? I also know about Paris," Adrien added, "Rather, I know that you know what happened in Paris." Sarah looked away, ashamed, "How do you know what I know?" "When I went to close the curtains, I saw you sitting there, watching," Adrien replied, walking around so Sarah was facing her again. A embarassed flush crept up Sarah's neck and spread across her face, "Sorry." Adrien's eyes narrowed slightly, "Why did you watch?" "I have to go and shoot the Dior," Sarah said instead of answering, heading toward the door. As her hand touched the doorknob, Adrien grabbed her shoulder and pulled her around, quickly stepping up so that Sarah was pushed against the door. "I can only think of one reason why you watched," Adrien said softly, "Maybe two." Sarah pushed Adrien back a little, "You're too close." "Am I?" Adrien asked, stepping close again and whispering in Sarah's ear, "Or are you just saying that because you're scared of what might happen if we get close?" Abruptly she stepped back. Sarah didn't move for several moments, her body was suffering from having been that close to Adrien. When she looked at Adrien, she saw that Adrien was recovering too. "I'm sorry," she said, surprising Sarah, "I should have just left it alone." Sarah nodded and quickly turned to leave. Just before she went out the door, she looked back, "How long has it been going on?" Adrien didn't even pretend to have to think about what Sarah was asking, "On and off for a year or so. It's purely physical; you know, if we're both alone and need . . . you get it." Sarah nodded and left without ever answering Adrien's question but she knew that she would have to one day. Right now, her own question was more pressing: Which bothers me more: the fact that I watched or the fact that I wished it had been me instead of Tanya?

October
"What?!" Sarah exclaimed, shocked. Craig's smile dimmed a little but it was still there, "Not exactly the reaction I was wanting." Sarah had known from the moment he had pulled out that little black box but knowing mentally and hearing it outloud was two different things. "Do you want me to repeat myself?" he asked and before she could answer, he asked it again, "Sarah Anne Tate, would you be my wife?" Sarah looked from his excited face to the beautiful ring and back, "Can I think about it?" Instantly all of the cheer went out of Craig's expression, replaced by hurt, "Think about it?" Quickly Sarah tried to smooth it over. "Marriage is a huge step. I love you but I want to be for sure," she told him, knowing it was true. Craig slowly nodded, "I suppose I can't get mad at you for wanting to be for sure." Sarah reached over and took the ring, looking at it, "It's a gorgerous ring." "I'm glad you like it. Felicia helped me pick it out," Craig told her, seeming pleased with himself. Sarah frowned a little but quickly changed it into a smile. On impulse she asked, "Do you want to come with me to work? I know that your office is closed today." Craig grinned, "Sure." Thirty minutes later, Craig was helping her pull out props and arrange screens for a shoot for Surface magazine. "Aww, did you bring me a gift?" Andy asked when she came in. "Nah, he's here as my slave," Sarah replied and Craig added, "Sex slave." "You can come and be my sex slave," Andy told him, batting her eyelashes. Sarah wasn't sure how to react. Craig solved the problem by pulling Sarah to him and shaking his head, "Sorry but I've never cared much for blondes." Andy sighed and then laughed. "Let me go and change," she said to Sarah before heading off to the changing room. "Is that true?" Sarah asked, turning to Craig. "What, the thing about blondes?" he asked when she nodded, he shrugged, "I guess." "I'm sorry that I'm late. There was a wreck and I got caught up in the traffic," Paige said, coming in. "You're not too late; in fact, Andy is just now changing," Sarah told her, gesturing. "Great," Paige said hurrying toward the room. Craig went and sat down while the shoot took place. Because the shoot required for some many different outfits, it took nearly three hours to finish, including a fifteen minute break. Once it was all done, Craig helped Sarah put all of the screens and sheets away. Andy and Paige disappered to Hector's room to get ready for their next shoot. "I thought you were modeling some," Craig said and Sarah nodded. "I am but only on certain shoots," she replied, "I'm not a full time model like the others." "Hector is shooting the Armani right now," Kerri called from the doorway then. "Armani?" Craig asked and Sarah laughed. "This is BMA's first time shooting for Armani, so we're all a little excited," she explained, taking his hand and leading him over to Hector's room. When they walked in, Tanya was already behind the camera, Damien with her. Angel and Adrien were patiently waiting just off the sheet, talking. K.C had also called in Jake and Bryce for the shoot to pair with Paige and Andy. Sarah had seen both Jake and Bryce only twice before since coming to work for BMA: for a swimsuit shoot and when they had been shooting the Versace men's line. Even Cathy and Liz were there, standing with K.C and Kerri. Sarah immediately went over to them, "How much did I miss?" "Not much. They're still on the first string," Liz replied. Sarah hadn't talked much with Cathy; she gathered that Cathy was rather stuck up which might explain why the girls had taken such a likening to Sarah when she had replaced Cathy for all those months. "Oh, K.C, this is Craig Benningfield. Craig, this is K.C McClemmons," Sarah said, realizing that they had never been introduced. They exchanged hellos and shook hands. To Sarah's great relief, K.C gave nothing away.

"This is so nice of you, Jamie," K.C said and Jamie grinned. "K.C, darling. You've been so good to me. I owe you," he replied and held up his glass, "To K.C!" Everyone lifted their glasses and repeated after him. When Jamie had found out that they had landed the Armani shoot and it had gone wonderfully, he had insisted in taking them all out to eat at River House, one of the best restaurants in town. He had even invited Craig even though they had just met. "Sarah, I heard that you are modeling for BMA in addition to photographing," Jamie said, turning to Sarah. Sarah smiled and nodded, "You heard correctly." The conversation flowed, skipping and touching on several subjects. Sarah was all prepared to pass the evening as wonderful when, right as dessert arrived, Tanya said, "So, Sarah, when are you and Craig going to tie the knot? I mean, you two have been dating the entire time you came to work at BMA." Sarah felt Craig tense up a little beside her. "Actually, he proposed today," Liz said, smiling. Sarah turned to Craig, confused. He gave her a smile and Sarah had no choice but to smile back. However she caught K.C looking at her and Sarah could read her expression, the question in it. She ignored it. But it was Adrien's look that did something to her; like everyone else, she had a smile plastered on her face yet there was a sadness lingering there in her deep green eyes. Sarah turned away. "You'd better invite us to the wedding," Kerri declared. "Don't worry, I will," Sarah told her, smiling. How the hell did this happen? I told Craig that I had to think about it, she thought as the dicussion continued: had they set a date, did they have a place in mind, etc. Craig grabbed Sarah's hand under the table and that's when she realized that he had deliberately told Liz, possibly even asked her to mention it if the occasion arose. He had trapped her and he had done it in such a way that she could see no easy way out. "Paige, can I have a cigarette?" Adrien asked, causing several looks of surprise. "Darling, I wasn't aware that you smoked." Jamie said, frowning. "Normally I don't," Adrien replied, taking the cigarette and lighter from Paige. "Celebrating for Sarah and Craig?" Tanya asked cheerfully, turning to grin at Sarah but a hardness in her eyes. She knows and she's jealous, Sarah realized, And now she's punishing us both. Why?! She has Adrien, not me. Her last thought sunk in and she felt empty. "Yea," Adrien said, blowing smoke, "I'm celebrating. Congratulations Sarah." Everyone echoed her and then it was time to leave.

"Do you plan on having a long engagement?" Andy asked, posing as Sarah instructed. "I don't know," Sarah replied, growing rather sick of the words. "Large wedding or small?" Andy continued as Sarah took the pictures. "I don't know," Sarah answered, "Okay, you're done." Andy walked off the sheet and headed off to the changing room. As annoying as Andy had been, Sarah wished that they were working together all day. But life wasn't fair and Tanya was next, followed by Adrien. Tanya was already ready; she had came in while Andy was up. As usual no words other than necessary ones passed between them. That is until Andy left. "Jamie claims that Adrien would make a terrific actress," she said, seemingly randomly, "But if her display at that dinner was a sample of her acting, I'd say she'd better stick to modeling. Don't you?" Sarah ignored her, knowing that Tanya was trying to bait her. "I mean, wasn't it obvious how upset she was? Wounded look and all. And that cigarette! That just further confirmed it," Tanya went on, "If she thinks she's fooling anyone, she's more dumb than I thought." Tanya continued on and on, and suddenly Sarah couldn't take it, "You know what Tanya? I think that you're jealous of Adrien's reaction to my engagement. But then that would imply something else, wouldn't it? But what do I know, maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me in Paris." Tanya's face was pure shock and Sarah delighted in laughing, "Is that a sample of your acting? If I was you, I'd stick to modeling." "What do you know of Paris?" Tanya demanded, starting forward. Sarah ignored her and began giving her instructions on how to pose. The rest of the shoot went as the half bit and Sarah was relieved when Tanya finally stepped off the sheet and went to the back. Her nerves hit again when she remembered Adrien was next. Usually Adrien was a little early for her shoot but today, Adrien didn't show up until nearly fifteen minutes after her appointed time. Even as she passed to go change, she said nothing to Sarah, didn't look at Sarah. Sarah clenched her teeth and fought back her anger. Finally Adrien reappered and went to the sheet, still ignoring Sarah. "What the hell is wrong with you?!" Sarah demanded. "You," Adrien replied, sounding just as furious. "Me?" Sarah asked, "Hey, I told you that I couldn't." "Yea, you told me that verbally," Adrien agreed, "But your eyes said otherwise. Even now, they belie your words." In defense, Sarah closed her eyes, "I'm in love with Craig and I'm marrying him. Damn what my eyes say!" "Do you really?" Adrien asked softly and Sarah opened her eyes. With a groan, Sarah pulled Adrien to her. As the kiss deepened, she felt as if she was being fixed without ever knowing that she was broken. When they pulled back, it took quite a bit for Sarah to push her arousal away. They stood like that for a moment and then the door opened. Sarah couldn't believe their timing as Craig walked in. "Hey," he said cheerfully, holding up a bag, "I brought you some lunch." Adrien was already walking away, heading back to the changing room. "We're not finished!" Sarah called after her, realizing the double meaning of it. "Later!" Adrien called without looking back. "Opps, did I interrupt something?" Craig asked and Sarah turned to him. "Who told you to come on back here?" she demanded for his voice had been too innocent. "Umm, one of the blonde models," he replied and Sarah knew. "Tanya," she said, "And did Tanya tell you to hurry?" Craig looked confused but Sarah saw the truth in his eyes. "Fuck! That's why you proposed, isn't it?" she demanded, unable to believe it, "So you wouldn't lose me to Adrien. Well, you wouldn't have. But now that you've played games . . ." With that she yanked off the ring and dropped it to the floor. Then she turned and went back to the dressing room, only one thing left on her mind. Behind her, Craig was yelling but Sarah ignored him. In the changing room, she saw Adrien standing, about to pull on her jeans. "No," she muttered and Adrien turned around. "No what?" she asked, frowning. Sarah stepped up close to her, trapping Adrien between her and the wall, "No, I don't really love him." The surprised yet joyful look on Adrien's face burned an imprint into Sarah's mind before they kissed.
© Copyright 2007 bittersweetdreams (untamed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1329244-A-Year-in-the-Life-of-Sarah-pt-2