*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362367-Chapter-4-of-Living-Stone-Cold
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Kat
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1362367
Chapter 4 of Living Stone Cold
On my way home, all I could think about was that guy. I had a million questions racing through my head. Who is he? What is his name? Where does he live? What classes does he take? And so on, so forth. No matter what I did I couldn't stop thinking about him. It was driving me crazy!
When I got home, I discovered dad still wasn't home yet. So I went into the kitchen to see what I could fix for dinner. All I found was frozed TV dinners. Yuck! So I just ate left over pizza and made a note to myself to to the grocery store tomarrow after school.
Dad finally arrived home at 8:30 pm. He looked upset. "He dad was your day, today?" I asked. " Not so good" was his reply. "What happened?" I was suddenly curious at my fathers' expression. He looked much older then his forty-three years when he looked like that, like he hasn't had any sleep in days. "Well, I didn't want to upset you on your first day here because you've already enough things to worry about but now I think you should know." He paused for a moment and the suspense was killing me until I finally asked "What is it, dad?". Uh, Well, there have been some uh, murders happening lately. Eight people have been found dead in two weeks. Today two more were found. We don't know who it is that is doing the killings, but whoever it is, is pretty darn sick in the head.I'm not even gonna tell you how they looked when they were found but I will say it was enough to make me puke everywhere. I was completely embaressed. I just thought I would tell because I knew you would find out eventually and I want you to keep a look out and stay safe. I don't want you wondering around anywhere after school. Ya hear?" Yeah,dad, I hear. I just want to know who is doing all of it." "Yeah, me too. But you don't worry now, the police will take care of it. I just hope they don't bring anymore of those bodies to the hospital. I have seen a lot of stuff in my life, me being a surgeon and all, but I have never seen anything like this." Okay dad. Well I do have to do one quick thing after school tomarrow." "And what would that be?" " I gotta go get some food! All you have is TV dinners. Dad, that is so not nutritional. "Oh, yeah well Jen, I never did learn how to cook. That was your mothers' job when we were married." He said as he blushed a little. "That's okay dad. I will be cooking your meals for now on. If mom didn't teach me anything at all, she atleast taught me how to cook." "Well that's good to know." He said as he let out a small chuckle." Well dad, it's late. I think i'm gonna head on up to bed." "Okay, sweet dreams, honey." "You too, dad."
© Copyright 2007 Kat (dream_queen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1362367-Chapter-4-of-Living-Stone-Cold