*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391562-I-Woke-Up-Between-A-Dream-And-A-Memory-1
Rated: E · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1391562
Lianna loses her memory at work but only get them back through dreams and flashbacks.
Lianna! Look out!* Sophia yelled out to me after giving some teenage girl her book that she just brought to see a guy with a black mask covering his face but his eyes and mouth. Before I could do anything, a bullet went right through my chest. I fell back to the floor as I heard screams and running feet. I knew I wouldn’t last longer so I closed my eyes and drifted into blackness forgetting what had just happened and most of everything that had happened this month that had to turn into the most terrible month of my 17 years of life.


Pain. Pain was what I felt. Why was I feeling so much pain in my body? My chest, arm, head, and back. Can’t someone stop the pain?!

Black? Why do I only see black? Where’s the light? Where am I? What did that dream mean? Did that really happen? How can it be possible? Why does it feel like I’m playing twenty questions with myself?

My eyes slightly opened my eyes to finally see light, but it was too bright that I had to place a hand over my eyes to block. I opened them bigger hoping that the burning light wouldn’t hurt my eyes. I removed my hand from my eyes to look around the room.
No wonder why the light was burning, the room is . . . white . . . pale . . . sick. Where am I?

*Lianna? Lianna! Oh my god, you’re finally awake.* I looked over where the voice came from to see my mom come running to my bed side. No wonder why everything was white, I was in so much pain. I’m in the hospital. I tried to move into a better position but that just caused more pain. *Lianna . . . can you hear?* mom yelled or that’s what I thought she did.

*Stop yelling mom. My head hurts.* I said. She gave me a confused look so I knew that that she didn’t yell at all. It was just my head. *Where am I?* I asked even though I knew but my mind just couldn’t take that as an answer. I was still confused. About everything; anything I could think of.

*Lia, sweet heart, you’re in the hospital. You were shot a few weeks ago.* she softly spoke making me more curious. Shot? Was it the same way that happened in the dream? *What dream?* she asked me with more confusion. Did I just really say that out loud?

*Mrs. Payne, visiting hours are over. Glad to see you finally away Lianna. We didn’t that you could make it through that bullet.* some man said as my mom got out of the seat and exited the room that I was in. Mom looked at me on last time as a single tear drop escaped her eyes. Why was she crying? I’m awake right? Am I?

*Lianna, do you remember anything that happened the day you were shot?* the doctor asked me sitting in the same chair that my mom was just sitting in.

*No . . . I don’t. I don’t ever remembering that I was shot. Where was I shot? Why is everything so confusing? Why don’t I remember anything but my parents?* I asked blabbing away.

*You don’t remember anything? Only . . . your parent. Oh lord. Lianna you was shot in the chest but luckily was able to get it out in time for you to survive. I’ll let you go back to sleep and I’ll get back to you tomorrow.* the doctor said standing up to leave the room to. But what did he mean by oh lord?

Shot in the chest. That was the same place I felt the bullet hit me in the dream. Maybe that dream was what really happened to me. All of the thinking made me sleepy and before I knew it I was back into darkness.
© Copyright 2008 MCRluver1991 (mcrluver1991 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1391562-I-Woke-Up-Between-A-Dream-And-A-Memory-1