*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395422-Dark-Sun-Rising-Part-1
Rated: E · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1395422
Two families wage many wars against each other. Here is an overview.
Ok, here is my Part 1. I have the rest all written down on paper. This was the only bit I was able to type up. Hope you all like it. Worked hard on it.



A disease swept over the lands of Azgoral. Death crushed many people, crippling more for life. Families, towns, even large cities were wiped from extinction. The poor suffered, while the rich grew power hungry. War was waged over food, and rules were created to earn more money. People lost their houses, and slept near prisons, waiting for family members to be released. Uprisings and riots were common in many cities. Kings, queens, dukes and lords were all hung or killed.

      It was not for 300 years did the chaos stop. Power, law, and order were restored; and kings were restored to power. Dukes took over their rule, and the lords made their small practices known. The disease was gone, and a new dawn was breaking. Yet, war still lingered on the horizon. Two large ruling families were in power. Their reign stretched through all of Azgoral. Both families hated each other. Assassinations, battles, treaties; all played a part.

    The Cretans, the largest and longest family in power, ruled most of the land. After the 5th war, they had held the Malgans to the southern isles. To gain full control, the Cretans had to take Bellaforge, the largest port in Malgan control. To gain a foothold on the new land, the Malgans had to take Irongate Outpost; a trading spot, and shipping port closest to the Cretan soldiers in the front lines. Both were well defended, and neither was willing to give up his part of land. With the 6th war on the verge, both families prepare for war.





[Cretans]





    Though they are large in numbers, their rulers are old. Soldiers, though many, are ill trained for battle. Leroloth, the leader of the family, believes numbers will conquer all. Their Captains and Generals are sly, and work their ways around the laws. They grow fat off the taxes.

    If the Cretans conquer the Malgans, they will hang each follower, and instill a large tax onto the land. They will do what they can to keep order.

    The soldiers have low moral, and do not do well with a 'one on one' situation. They have had many victories; but one loss will crush their hopes. They will only fight in large numbers; and with men on horse back: The Riders of Amore. 

    The Riders of Amore are the finest in the land. With high pay, they fight as mercenaries for the Cretan family. Though not loyal, they will flee from battle when things look grim.

    All the family members battle, save the king, in his old age, and his eldest son. All of the family are loyal, and will die to keep the family alive. Their use of poisons and witchcraft is of the best. Mages, shamans, summoners and healers are all trained by the eldest of family. There are a few cousins that know the use of swords. They are not well trained, but own weapons of great power. The king, though old, is more powerful then all the soldiers. His seer-like abilities show him the future, and landscape. He is both wise, and full of knowledge. He trains his son, so that he may take over when he parishes, for his life line is thin.

    Their colors wave over the capitol city of Elgorash. Their flag: red, with a white border. A large bolt of white lighting is placed in the center. All cities are required to bear this coat of arms. Soldiers must bear this upon their shields, or, if no shield, upon their chest.



Family members:

1 king, 3 sons, 2 uncles, 6 cousins, 3 second cousins, 5 generals, and 7 captains



King Leroloth - king



Prince Mexor – 3 sons

Prince Xeleth

Prince Sasgor



Berathor – 2 uncles

Slerger



Adatious – 6 cousins

Mavious

Tertiolo

Cassious

Bakte

Nimplo



Extelero – 3 2nd cousins

Derek

Simon



Ango Tigerus – 5 generals

Preslo Mexelon

Menko Sastero

Emerli Egeroth

Nesplish Asher



The 7 captains names are non important.





[Malgans]



    Fighting for the true right of freedom, they hold their last bits of ground by the shores of the grand sea of Vengor, the biggest sea capitol for trading and artisan trades. The rich lands now burned. The Malgans were forced to burn the grain for fear of feeding the enemy. The once large family is now reduced to small numbers; from famine and war. The war will not last long with Captains, Generals, and family members dying. Assassinations and old age have left the Malgan family with three brothers, two cousins, and one uncle. Five generals and three captains also join these ranks. All are highly skilled with the blade, heavy armor, and shields. They are warriors at birth, training soldiers in the art of physical abuse, and ultimate battle.

    But, with so few members, they turn to the town members for help, asking for local militia to fight by their side. Though the militias are few, and not well trained, they will fight for the freedom of the land; they will not see their land consumed by ashes once more in this era. Their loyalties guide them into battle for the greater good.

    Holy knights called paladins ride for the Malgans. They fight for the Malgans for religious rights. But, it goes further. The Malgans are religious themselves, and believe these holy warriors can help them.

    With war ready, the soldiers prepare for glorious battle. The assassins sharpen their blades, and mix their potions. The families look to the dawn, waiting for the new age of combat.

    The Malgan flag is waved upon the city walls. It is black and white, and bears the claw of a bear. The paw is white, as are the nails. Flag bearers wear their colors upon their capes. Their armor is dark grey, to a smoldering black. Their helmets: Plumed with horse hair, much different from the golden armor and helm of the Cretans. The helm of the Cretans is gold, and covers the face. The only things showing are the piercing eyes; no human qualities come from these men.



Family Members:



Altorius – uncle



Terogun – 3 brothers

Sebtus

Celcio



Meria – 2 cousins

Donna



Nina Colox – 5 generals

Menero Bebera

Ceoni Degoro

Eregalious Tertious

Saster Lexio



Ariel Nimola – 3 Captains

Xerlan Covious

Zextor Covious



*Note: This family is the only family that uses women as warriors. They have also taken two brothers from the capitol to help bolster numbers after seeing them battle in the 4th war.



    The war will be brutal. Blood will be spilled. Families will be wiped from extinction. Towns will be burned, cities; destroyed. With the prisons full of traitors, and death encircling the camps; only the strong will survive. Assassins lurk in the taverns, and guards patrol the lands. One can only hope this war ends soon, to put an end to all this battle.





Cities of Cretan Territory



Elgorash – Capitol

Mexio – large cities

Sercilon

Andora

Willow wick

Thornwood

Magethorn

Testo'Muglash – Outposts

Irongate

Nimblo-tuk

Sorcerers' Tower





Cities of Malgan Territory



Bellaforge – Capitol

Selegoro – Large cities

Hallowhall

Cyleria

Arcane Tower – Outposts

Hektogra'oli

Trudo'goro

Benka

Granite Hall – Small holy outpost


[PS: In all truthfullness, I don't like that title I gave it. If any of you have any better ones, please tell me. This is part 1 of my story/book. Please, I would love feedback.]
© Copyright 2008 Rimbo the Clown (michaelgraeff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1395422-Dark-Sun-Rising-Part-1