*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403591-Chapter-1
by Darci
Rated: E · Chapter · Young Adult · #1403591
Kelly meets David
It was the first day of our junior year in high school. My God was a senior this year, meaning soon he wasn't going to be going to our high school anymore. I had to meet him. I had to become his girlfriend! I spent too many years drooling over him. This was my year to get to know him!

I aimlessly walked over to this tall, black haired guy who was my God. I loved him so much, but yet I knew nothing about him. Not even his name. But this day, I would change that! I didn't care what anyone thought, I just wanted to be with him everyday. I wanted to wake up to his beautiful smile every day. This was the year I was tired of always dreaming about being with my God, this was the year I wanted to make my dreams come true.

"Hi." I tapped the back of his shoulder. He was taller than I thought. I had to look up to see his face. But when he turned around and smiled at me, I melted.

"Hi? Do I know you?" He was so confused as to why I would be talking to him.

I couldn't do anything, I stood there like an idiot. Here was my only chance to be with my God, and I was just staring off into space. He just memorized me. The way the sun beat down on his head, the way his smile could just brighten up my day. Say something, Kelly! Don't blow it! "Umm, no. well you might. Umm, well, you might have seen me in the halls." I gave him a cheesy smile.

"Right, yea, now I remember you!" He said sarcastically and turned back around to talk to his preppy friends, probably about me. I just started to cry and cry and cry. I couldn't stop it, although I knew pretty much now the whole school was staring at me. I felt like such a loser, but I only had one chance to be with him, and I blew it. Jessica, my best friend since forever, noticed I was crying and started to come over...but my God turned back around to talk to me before Jessica could reach me. My heart stopped.

"Why are you crying?" This guy was just getting annoyed now.

I stopped crying when he turned back around to talk to me. Good! This is my chance. I am just going to tell him how I feel, I hope it works! "Hi, I'm Kelly (I stuck out my hand like an idiot. He looked at me like I was nuts. I just brought my hand back down.) I am a junior, and well, God, Kelly, just spit it out! I have had the biggest crush on you since forever. Will you go out with me? No, I mean can we-"

Before I could say anymore he bent down and kissed me on the lips! I was speechless, I couldn't believe my plan worked!

"Hi, I'm David...and yes."

At that moment, I was so excited, my friends were excited for me when I told them about David. Even my mother was excited. But how was I to know that this day would change me- forever?
© Copyright 2008 Darci (duckakellbell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403591-Chapter-1