*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403819-Redial
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Satire · #1403819
Slight satire on conformity and the need to fit in.

“Hello, I would like to exchange this X chromosome.”

“Excuse me?”

“This X chromosome I’ve got here, I’d like to trade it in for a Y.”

“Ah, certainly, right this way.”

“Thank you.”

“Here we are, one Y chromosome. Would you like anything else?”

“Yes, actually, I’d like some obviously unnatural hair coloring, please.”

“Certainly. We have a wide range of colors, which one appeals to you most?”

“Oh, just to be on the safe side, I think I’ll go with black, I think that’ll fit in better.”

“Right you are; a very popular choice. As a matter of fact, there is a sale going on now – with every unnatural hair coloring you receive free lungs full of tar. They offer a great impression of a longtime smoker.”

“No, thank you, but could I get some lack of exposure to sunlight instead?”

“Of course, sir. Will that be mild, moderate, or severe?”

“Oh, severe please.”

“Alright. And will you be wanting some insomnia with that?”

“Just a little.”

“Of course, of course. Oh, I almost forgot, would you like a troubled history, or maybe just the appearance of one?”

“Appearance, please, it’s much harder to maintain a real one.”

“All too true. Is there anything else I can get you?”

“Um, I guess throw in a general aura of rebellion and depression and I think I’m good.”

“My pleasure, glad I could be of service. Please come again.”

“Whatever.”
© Copyright 2008 Mike O'Hara (taroschain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1403819-Redial