*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412715-The-Perp
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1412715
For the 300 word Daily Flash contest- "Something isn't right here"
  "Something isn't right here. Something just isn't right," Sydney muttered as she stared at the picture the sketch artist had just drawn. "I think it's the eyes. They aren't close enough together and they were rounder than this."

    Mark took the drawing back and erased the eyes and redid them as per her instructions. "Is that better?"

    "Yeah, but something is still off and I just can't put my finger on it." She stared at the mirror in the interview room as if she would find what she was missing staring back at her from the one-way looking glass.

    On the other side of the glass, Lt. Barry Shields stood shaking his head. A detective came up behind him and asked with a laugh "How's the victim doing with the sketch?"

    Shields turned to face him, "Menendez, did I just hear you laugh about a victim? Have you seen her arms and her back? Why don't you go out and join the search in the woods."

    "Sorry, L.T. I know the lady was hurt, but I don't see how a sketch is going to help out on this one. Besides, that's really why I came back here. They called and said they got him."

    The surprise showed on Shields face. "Already? Are they sure it's him?"

    Menendez shrugged, "Apparently after she managed to escape, he went back to her camp site to see what else was there and ended up falling asleep. The officers sent a picture over." He held up the photo.

    Shields took the photo and looked at the perpetrator. "Well, let's go see if she can identify her attacker." They walked into the interview room. "Ms. Wilds, is this him?"

    She took the photo and gasped. "Yes, this is the bear that attacked me!"
© Copyright 2008 Sandals (sandals30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1412715-The-Perp