*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429328-Moving-Day-Blues
Rated: 18+ · Other · Other · #1429328
About having the Moving Day Blues

  It's Tuesday morning, I wake up to the sound of my 4 month old alarm clock crying. I look at the t.v and think...."ahhh the news same crap different day, someone dies in a shoot out, or another child missing." I turn on my monitor and glance at the time. 6:45 a.m.
  "Oh crap!" I think as I grab for my coffee cup and roll out of bed. "I have to get up and get moving. My child has an appointment this morning with a Cardiovascular Doctor. After that I have to go check to see if we can move into the new house."

  As I walk out into the kitchen I see my husband is still home. "What are you still doing here?" I asked him "You should be on your way to work."

  My Husband just looked at me and said "I am about to walk out the door but I need my lunch. Will you make it for me?"

  "Sure." I said while I was thinking to myself  'Just add it to list of other stuff I have to do, and it will get done accordingly.' I look at the clock in the living room and it now reads 7:15 am, so I tell myself I don't have time to have coffee at home this morning and I will grab a cup at a cafe downtown when I get there.

I run back into the bedroom change my son's diaper and get him dressed. As I am rushing around the house getting bottles and every thing ready for my Child, I start forgetting about getting myself ready to walk out the door. I managed to change out of my pajamas and into regular clothes and put my shoes on, but I almost forgot to grab my wallet.

My son and I left the house so early, that we managed to catch the same bus to downtown as his father. We made it down to the Pediatric Cardiovascular office really early. Well at least we were not late. Since we were so early we walked with my husband to where he works.
  We sat in my husband's office for about an hour and a half before I asked him what time it was. It was roughly 9:15 a.m which meant that my son and I had to be on our way to his appointment.
  We made it to the Heart Doctors office with time to spare which gave me time to fill out all the paper work before my son was seen.
  We finally got called into the exam room around 10:15, were the nurse checked his weight and height and blood pressure and all that good stuff. Then the Nurse has us go back out to the waiting room.
  While I am sitting in the waiting room with my son I start to realize just how upset I am about this appointment. I start fearing the news of the results of any tests that they were about to run on my child, but praying for the best.

They call us into the back again, and once we are back there they tell me that they are going to run two tests on Gary. The first one they were going to do is like an ultra sound but for his heart. The second one is were they hook him up to a bunch of wires that are attached to a machine that does a print out of the electricity in his heart.
  After they ran both tests I sat and waited for what seemed like forever waiting for the Doctor to come in and give me the bad news.
  The Doctor finally came in. When the Doctor walked in to the room before he could say one word I felt tears forming in my eyes. "Mrs. Curry, I understand why your son's primary care doctor wanted him to come here to have his heart checked, and I have good news for you." The doctor said with great ease.

  I looked at the Doctor. "What? Good news? Is my son alright?" I asked.
  "Your son just has an innocent Heart Murmor. It will go away and it is just a sound in the heart that can sometimes be worse than innocent. However with your child his heart is fine. I do not want to see him in this office again unless there is a very good reason." Said the Doctor. "Here is your 'Get out of Jail Free card' take it to the checkout desk on your way out."

  We left the Heart Doctors office and caught the bus back to the side of town that we live in. I stop by where we are trying to get into for our new residence.
   
  I walk into the office for the complex. "Hi Grandma, I just came to find out the status of our application and if  we are getting the keys and such so we can start moving."
    Grandma hands me a key ring with 3 keys on it, 2 mailbox keys and 1 front door key for our new house. "You can start moving in when ever Rooster gets home from work if you like, and if you want you can even stay in your new house tonight."
  "Great. Thanks Grandma.  Wow we get to start moving." I took the keys and left to head back to our old house to start packing. As I am  packing it the dreaded moving day blues strike. I start looking around the house and the memories start to flood. Suddenly I do not want to move. I start thinking, This is...was my child's first home.
© Copyright 2008 SassyCurry (myzticalwrites at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1429328-Moving-Day-Blues