*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437205-Iris-Chapter-III
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1437205
Chapter 3 of Iris. Inspired by KH and the song by Goo Goo Dolls. Please leave feedback.
She had felt weightless and beautiful in his arms. It was strange how one event could change her life forever, nothing could’ve prepared her for what had happened that night. She stared at her hands again. Not a gift, but a curse…
The door opened behind her, the man appeared.
“It’s time. Follow me,” even now those two last words were aching inside her. Still, obediently, Infinity rose from her knees and followed him through the dungeon. She walked behind him stepping in his footprints. His head was bowed as he walked. Infinity’s breathe grew short, her throat went dry, and her heart pounded wildly. Was it the battle? Or something else?
“Frightened?” his voice came. Her heart fluttered.
“Never,” she replied firmly. She heard him laugh and could’ve sworn he uttered “Liar,”
A brick wall lay at the end of the passageway. A dead end? The man’s hand slipped into hers again. Infinity’s heart skipped a beat. She looked up at him.
“Stay close,” he said without looking down at her. It happened in an instant, immediately they were both swallowed by the darkness again. Her grip tightened as she felt her body go weightless and her head heavy. There was black everywhere, it hurt to try and focus. She let herself fall, her legs unable to support her weight any longer.
“Are you okay?” There was suddenly support around her shoulders. “I guess you’re not used to it,” Infinity opened her eyes to find she was no longer in the dungeon. A staircase stood before her eyes. She craned her neck upwards. It’s huge she complained to herself. The mans arms were still around her shoulders.
“You’re going to be feeling like that for a while, are you okay to walk up the stairs?” the man explained. Considering the alternative, Infinity was pleased to walk. They walked in silence until the top of the staircase.
“Still not frightened?” he said, finally letting her go.
“Why should I be? I’m not scared of you, or any of you. I’m not a coward,” she added strongly at the end. The man shook his head lightly.
“Now what happens?” she asked, pretending she fully believed in what she had just said.
“Well, this is where we find out if you’re the one we need. Your power is quite amazing,” Infinity’s heart danced within her. “Put your hand on the final step,” Infinity looked at him for a second. He did not return the stare. Following his orders, she placed her hand flat down.
“Nothing’s happening,” she said after a moments silence.
“Give it time…You must be the one…” he croaked in reply. There they waited in silence, the man still standing, the girl still with her hand on the step. Eventually, or so it seemed, five lights one by one appeared around each of her fingers and her thumb. A green leaf, a blue wave, a pink tornado, a red flame, and a purple orb. In confusion, Infinity looked up at her captor. He smiled, this time, a smile that fit him perfectly. The blackness in front of them sparkled, and in the place of the wall appeared a door. Wow… Infinity thought as the door came into existence. The millions of sparks against the black, like the stars across the velvet sky she used to love. The man helped her to her feet before she had the chance to stand herself, however no complaint left her mouth.
“Stay behind me,” the man said, pushing her aside although his touch was delicate. He sliced his arm quickly through the air, and in his hand he drew a large sword. The handle was a dark blue and spread to a red as the blade turned to resemble a jagged demon wing. Angels in flight… she mused. I’m here…

© Copyright 2008 AnsiStar (dybim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1437205-Iris-Chapter-III