*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436681-Iris-Chapter-II
Rated: E · Chapter · Dark · #1436681
Chapter 2 of Iris. Inspired by KH and the song by Goo Goo Dolls. Please leave feedback.
Morning came and went and still the girl was solitary in her dungeon. It was like there was nothing left for her to feel, so she was empty, she was void. Night quickly returned to the cell, pushing her back into the darkness. A silent tear fell as she recalled the night it all happened.
The earth was quiet the night it all began, she was sitting at her window, pondering over the silence and the eerie darkness that followed. She turned her attention to her hands as they began to ache with the pressure. Her power was so unique, unable to be understood by friends, or anyone for that matter. She wished to be on her own mostly. Nobody could hurt her that way. She stretched her hand out into the Summer air and placed it so it covered the moon. From where she sat it almost looked reachable. A crippling ache of loneliness dropped within her and she felt alone, very much alone. And right then, as though an answer to her prayers had opened up, a burst of flames came into view. Infinity whipped around in shock, feeling a sense of excitement and surprise.
“Can I tempt you into fires?” A whisper echoed throughout the room, and in place of the flames appeared a man. Infinity inhaled deeply trying to make everything so she could understand it.
“Who…are you?” she breathed. The man didn’t answer, he emerged from the blackened flames and turned his head in her direction.
“Follow me…” he said simply. Infinity was taken by surprise. Follow him?! She replayed the moment in her mind over. He couldn’t be serious.
“But I don’t know anything about you!” she argued. The man smiled, a smile which did not look entirely his. His whole body seemed perfect, as though he was mannequin, made for the image of perfection.
“Too bad. I know you perfectly,” the man smiled again. Infinity began to shake with the fear. The stranger walked towards her, she backed away and crashed into the wall. Trapped.
“Follow me,” he repeated. “We need you,” he whispered. Infinity turned and looked at the wall, there must be a way out.
“Need me for what?” she choked, countless visuals of murder running round her mind. He smiled in reply, no words emerging from his mouth. His carved mouth… She felt entranced, the Earth felt still and suddenly…the stars blacked out. Darkness filled the room, it consumed her she couldn’t see. She felt dazed, as though sleeping. Without warning, a hand slipped into hers.
“Follow me…”
“No…” she whispered weakly in reply. The next few minutes were faded in her eyes, blurred like an essence of time that was never there, fragile, like a desired dream. She did not remember falling into black abyss or the images that passed her minds eye. The haunting images of life and death. She awoke in a stone dungeon, being carried, cell by cell, passing her eyes. She gazed faintly up at her carrier and became aware of who it was. How does he see with a blindfold?
© Copyright 2008 AnsiStar (dybim at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1436681-Iris-Chapter-II