*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441733-Put-you-back-to-how-you-were
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by esther
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1441733
A chapter in the Unbelievable Reality true story
I have some insubstantial memories of being in some kind of hospital, in an alternate reality. There being injected. I had the concept that I had been inoculated against the amphetamine cocktail, as a precaution against this kind of attempt in the future, and had been given an antidote, for the exact amount of substance I had taken. [Recall previous attempt, where I had used insulin, and also had suspected some kind of interference.] Also my body being repaired.

Then they put me back.

I woke up, vomiting violently, and shouting and swearing at someone.

I was disorientated. I didn't know where I was or what had happened. I had a vague idea, that a hospital (“the Johannesburg General Hospital”) was just down the road, that I should go there, or that I had come from there. This was incorrect, I was miles away from that hospital.


I passed out again, and woke up a bit later, swearing the mother f*cking hell at someone. It seems that it was the being we were trying to defeat earlier, that I was swearing at. Or it felt like someone I knew. Anyway, I was confused as heck. I didn't know where I was or what I was doing there. It didn't feel like I was in a hotel, it felt like I was in a huge prison (with long red corridors), somewhere else completely. Now it felt like I needed to try and escape.


I kept passing out and waking up, and vomiting. Gradually I became aware, that I was vomiting blood.


It was dark, pitch dark, and I could see millions of specks, all around me. I got the idea that there had been a plot. We had struck a blow at the heart of the enemy, a rebellion, we had made a good and a solid and a strong attempt. It had started when I took the OD. However, the enemy had prevailed, the rebels had been captured, and most had been put to death or imprisoned.


Gradually, I started to come back. I started to remember what had happened. I had taken a massive overdose of a drug cocktail. I psychically contacted Kim, and she blamed it on the police force. I was incredibly pissed off. That doesn't even begin to describe how pissed off I was.


I could not believe that I was still alive!


I could not accept it!


Those bastards, whoever it was, had put me back! Again! Patched me up and put me right back!
© Copyright 2008 esther (esther075 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1441733-Put-you-back-to-how-you-were