*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1442356-Forgotten-Kisses
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Alikia
Rated: E · Novel · Romance/Love · #1442356
Chapter Two
Chapter Two


Constance was never one to stay abed. Yet she had been up since before sunrise. Now sitting in the park she wondered how the ton was taking the latest flyer.
She loved dishing the dirt on everyone she knew. Why let the old bitties sit sipping their tea giving away all the gossip. Why not just put it out there for all to see and know?
She was able to attend every party unnoticed, being her third season no one ever seemed to notice her. So she could move from room to room taking down notes and none were the wiser about it. With the flyer on the Barclay’s she knew that one would cause a stir, being how misleading she left it. They would all assume the writer was referring to the eldest son not young Damon. He always managed to avoid the scandal because of his brother.
Yes Rath had been in many scraps throughout the years yet never seemed to come out looking bad from any. Looking up Constance noticed the group out men walking her direction. Quickly sliding her writing inside her book she pretended to be daydreaming.
“Rath you sneaking off in the gardens last night, you rascal.” Ah yes Lord Dawson, one of the town’s infamous rakes.
“Marcus you damned well know that wasn’t me. Damon is sullying my good name.” Rath eyed her as they past the bench. Taking note that he did not recognize whom she was. “There must be something more than my sex life to talk about.”
Constance shied away from his stare. Feeling heat rise to her cheeks, why did she have to remember the stolen kiss? It had been almost three years. Grabbing her items she jumped from the bench rushing in the opposite direction as them.
Rath watched her every move. He had this vague feeling of remembrance, “I am impressed not a word to her. You have changed Rath.” Staring at Marcus he seemed even more confused. “I think maybe you should tell me what really happened in Scotland, if you do not even recall fair Constance.”
The name was not even familiar to Rath. He knew he was still missing parts of his memory. Yet how could he forget such a beauty? “That is all still a little fuzzy to me.”
“Well when you left, mind you almost three years ago. You had made everyone know you took an interest in Lady Constance, yet then never wrote and since you have been back never even asked about her. So I am sure she believes you were just being another man wanting nothing other than under her skirts.”
Rath stared at Marcus, not remembering anything he was saying. “Damn, no wonder she looked on me with disgust. She hates me and yet I truly did not do it to her.” He wished he could just piece together all that he had lost. “From what I do remember, I was found behind the estate face down in the mud bleeding. My head had hit a rock when I landed knocking me unconscious.” Shaking his head Rath struggled to remember, “ Everything from before that is jumbled. I get bits and pieces. I know who I am but much more than that no.”
“Maybe you should take the time to explain that to Lady Constance.” Rath was still watching her, she turned out of the park yet he could still smell the lingering scent of her perfume on the breeze.
“Maybe I should, if she will even receive me.”





Her heart pounding, just the sight of Rath tore what little resolve she had remaining away. She had wanted to just crumble there on the bench. She had thought she could handle anything. Even last night at the ball when he had come in, looking like she had remembered him. Walking right past her.
Yes the gossiping bitties were sure to have sent it around town already that she had been a simple dalliance like others had been before her. Curling up on the settee in front of the fire she allowed herself to dream.
© Copyright 2008 Alikia (catzeyez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1442356-Forgotten-Kisses