*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448024-Life-Scares-Me-to-Death
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1448024
A little something that happened for my creative writing prompt; Canada.
Life Scares Me to Death

         They all gathered around the mahogany coloured box, it was resting atop two cables above a six foot deep hole. They looked on, through tear filled eyes at the picture sitting on the coffin. There was a piece of paper below the picture and scrawled on this paper were the last words of the occupant of the coffin.

         A young man stepped forward and retrieved the paper. Bringing it close to his face he began to read the neat cursive of his best friend.

          To all who cared enough to show up today, I’m sorry. People always used to tell me that I was going to be a big deal, and I would respond “How can I, I’m not a very big person.” Most of you just laughed, thinking I was joking, but I wasn’t. As you can see I wasn’t very strong, I couldn’t hold on. I couldn’t take the disgusted looks, the way they would say it; “Canadian, eh?” It was as if what I was doing didn’t matter, all they cared about was that I was an insignificant little Canadian who dared to try and make a difference. Maybe now my point will be made, and I only have a few final words. Pierre, you were my love and the only one who believed in me. I let you down and for that I’m truly sorry, but I wasn’t going to wait forever.
D.


         When the young man looked up from the paper he saw that the crowd had dispersed. There stood only four men, all of them with tears staining their cheeks. Pierre shakily folded the note and stuck it in his jacket pocket before grabbing the picture and turning in his heel to walk away. He didn’t wait with his friends to watch them lower the cold, stiff body of his lover into the ground. He couldn’t bear to see them take away his reason to breathe, not again.
© Copyright 2008 Dead Roses (lover87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1448024-Life-Scares-Me-to-Death