*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452858-Dreams
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1452858
A short spurt on the randomness of dreams.
         They start out like a normal day, then they turn just outright strange.  In one dream, my children, fiancĂ©, and I were down at my grandmothers house just visiting for the day.  Then it started raining, and all of a sudden crocodiles were everywhere in the town eating everybody.  My family hid inside my grandmother’s house, but soon the house was flooding as well.  As the crocodiles were entering into the house, and starting to eat everyone, I woke up.  Crocodiles, in the Midwest?  I think I had watched too many horror movies that day.
         Then there was another dream that told of my daughters being teenagers, they were speaking to me of something ( I can’t remember the specifics of the dream conversation), and then they were just gone, and when I looked into the mirror, I was even older then when the dream started, as if time had fast forwarded.  One of my daughters came through the door then, looking to be over twenty years old, and made the comment “I’m sorry you couldn’t live a longer life mom” Then the dream ended.
         Another dream included being taken hostage at a gas station when going to pay.  My fiance was working at the time, I was on my way to pick him up.  The hostage taker made me drive a long way to a house I didn’t know, and tied me up in a dark place.  I remember the dream taking a fast forward to the point where my fiance barges in and gets killed trying to get me released.  That’s when I woke up.
         Then there were darker dreams, that ended in brutal deaths, and happier dreams that were still just as weird.  Dreams have a way of bringing out your fears, hopes, desires, and twisting them in a way that your brain can’t quite understand, but yet does. 
         Sometimes those dreams can act as a premonition, a warning of things that are to come if life continues as it does.  Other times those dreams can act as a way to get over and process your fears that you’ve encountered during that day or week.  If you guess that the dream was processing your fear, you might be right, especially if you had a dream so outrageous as crocodiles breaking into a house to eat people.
© Copyright 2008 Crystal McDonald (kuro_agehachou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1452858-Dreams