*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460443-A-mans-obssession
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Death · #1460443
A man dies for the woman he loves.
Lizzy opened her eyes and saw nothing but darkness. She tried to move her hands to reach for a light but her hands were tied to something.She wanted to call out, but she didn't because she was afraid. The last thing Lizzy remembered was walking to her home and then someone grabbing her and placing his hand over her mouth. She had fought but obviously not good enough.She jumped when a voice said from the darkness

"Lizzy, Lizzy...I see you're awake now. Don't scream as it is useless, no one can hear you." He said with a chuckle. He moved closer but did not touch her, he watched her knowing she was scared.

Lizzy looked in the direction of the movement, she had heard. "Pl...please...let me go...I have no money, I have no family who can give you money" she told him, Why does he want me? she thought to herself. Her eyes were now adjusting to the darkness and Lizzy could make out his outline. She stared at him.

He could see her staring at him, he reached a hand out to touch her and pulled it back when she shrank back from him. He had taken her because he loved her and she only loved him as a friend. They had been friends since they were fifteen. He did not want her to marry the jerk she was engaged to. He turned his back on her and walked out.

She had seen his hand reach out and she had pulled back scared he was going to hurt her. He seemed familiar...his voice, his smell and his body. She sighed and shifted. Lizzy was uncomfortable. She called out, "Can you please untie me?" and waited for some response.

He walked back into the room and was carrying something. "I'm sorry, Lizzy, but I can't bear the thought of you marrying him and there is only one thing I can do." He walked over and untied her hands and moved back. He raised the gun.

Lizzy cried out "please....don't" The gun went off and Lizzy screamed and fell back. She heard the thump and sat up and looked at where he had fallen...She walked over and touched his neck to check for a pulse...he was gone....
© Copyright 2008 Wintershea (wintershea at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1460443-A-mans-obssession