*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1484650-Our-Copper-Canyon-Vacation
Rated: E · Short Story · Travel · #1484650
Example of an ABC Story for Contest
All winter we waited for our Mexican vacation with much excitement. Before we knew it we were packing our clothes. Combs and brushes had to go into the bag. Dungarees and tennis shoes we added also.

Early in the morning on Tuesday, we left Evening Shade and headed to the Little Rock Airport. Flying time to El Paso was five hours. Getting to our motel was no big deal for it was located next to the airport.

Hurrying to our bus the next day, we were off to Mexico. I was so excited and took many pictures before we got out of the U.S.

Just inside Chihuahua, Mexico, we stopped to eat a traditional Mexican lunch. Keening from our full stomachs, we prepared to head on to meet the train.

Later we boarded a train for our trip to the Copper Canyon. Mountains were all around us and they were very steep. Nestled in small remote villages lived the fastest runners in the world. On horseback we rode the rim of the canyon. Pretty sites were all around us. Quietly the sun set behind the beautiful purple, copper, and red-orange canyon walls.

Returning to the train several days later, we continued on. Superb was the food served to us in the dinning car on the train. Tarahumara Indians sold us woven baskets from the train.

Unfortunately, our trip was to end too soon. Vacations are like that, however. We made lots of new friends. X-citing times were had by all. You can’t believe the incredible time we had.

Zoom, we were back in a plane and headed toward home weary, but enlightened travelers.
© Copyright 2008 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1484650-Our-Copper-Canyon-Vacation