*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485150-Imagination-Runs-Free--Prologue
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1485150
Fantasy story. This is the intro.
Imagination Runs Free



Prologue



With a yelp, Gary collapsed as a searing gash appeared on his chest.  Coughing blood, his strength began to leave him.  Suddenly he heared bells.  A fairy -- a ball of light with wings -- flew in a mix of rage and panic around Gary.  "Gary!  Don't give up!  You can take him!"  Gary heared this, and a new burst of courage filled his ever-beating heart.  A determined smile drew across his face and he stood up.  Boldly, he shouted at his enemy. 



"You'll never get the Orb, GameOver!  NEVER!!"



Time stopped ticking as the air grew stagnant.  A dark grin widened on the twisted face of GameOver. 



"So, you wish to thwart my plans, eh?"  he asked in mock fear, "Well, let's see how you take THIS!"



GameOver raised his arm, palm facing out, and the darkness began to swirl into a projectile.



Gary, seeing this coming, held up the Mirror Shield, the only shield with the ability to absorb and reflect magic.  As the Dark Missile charged at him, the Shield began to act... Strange... Gary sensed something was amiss, and let his guard down.  He did not see another projectile shooting straight at him!  Just before impact, there was a flash...  Clocks all around... Time... Reversing...



...
© Copyright 2008 WilsonTrent (dubahyu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1485150-Imagination-Runs-Free--Prologue