*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487868-Imagination-Runs-Free-Chapter-1
Rated: E · Other · Fantasy · #1487868
fantasy novel chapter 1
Imagination Runs Free
Chapter 1

Two Years Earlier...on a planet called Earth...

Dawn had approached over the lesser neighborhood of Muncie, Indiana, on the United States of America.  A part of the poor class, Gary Standon and his family lived in poverty.  With barely enough money for food and a run-down home, the family of 7 lived boring lives.

One morning, on a usual errand for groceries, something extraordinary happened.  A limo pulled up alongside Gary, and the window began to roll down, revealing a rich- looking man with black, gelled-back hair and a tux.  He shouted at Gary over the noise of the city, "Gary Standon," he said.  Gary stopped walking, no longer ignoring the limo.  He turned his head and gave a puzzled look.

"Come with me, Gary.  I've been looking for you."

Gary, remembering not to talk to strangers, started towards the store, a bad feeling in his gut.

The limo didn't give chase, instead the window rolled up.  The ,man talked into a phone, "We've found him.  He's in the Store.  Yeah, Lo Bill's.  Catch him, but don't hurt him."

Meanwhile Gary thought he was safe and sound in the store.  Whoever that was surely wouldn't make a public scene.  Without looking where he was going, Gary bumped into a person. 
"Sorry,"  his voice trailed off, as he looked at a massive black man with a snappy black uniform, a pair of Aviator shades on.  Gary passed the man and walked on, failing to notice the huge man following.

Gary glanced behind him.  Nobody there.  Then he turned around and found himself staring at the man's massive body.

Gary charged in the other direction.  Thinking one of the cashiers could help, he ran towards the checkout...to be greeted by the same man, this time in a green cashier's uniform apron.

Gary bolted out of the store, only to be cornered...by FOUR of the same person!  Before he could react, one of the clones thrusted a tranquilizer into Gary's arm...
© Copyright 2008 WilsonTrent (dubahyu at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1487868-Imagination-Runs-Free-Chapter-1