*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504433-innocent-blood-chapter-2
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1504433
Chapter two: My eyes
My mom had just dropped me off in the schools parking lot. It was very cloudy; no sunlight could shine through them either. There in the shade, staring at me with his white eyes was Nathan. I saw a faction of girls stare at him and it frustrated me. So I walked up to him, and even though his face was hidden in the shade around the walls of the school. I could see him perfectly. He had long black hair, which really brought out his eyes. Nathans skin was pure white, like a porcelain doll. As I got closer to him, he handed me another note pad.

Heh—You’re lucky, you can take this in any room, class, and I can help you of you get stuck on anything.


I looked up at him and smiled. Out of the corner of my eye I could see people staring him and I. I think they were trying to see his face.

Don’t worry about those other girls; I have no interest in them.

The blood rose to my cheeks, making me blush, I still smiled none-the-less.

“That’s good to know Nathan.” I heard the five-minute warning bell for school started. “ Oh! We should be heading inside.”

Hold on. Let me put my hood on.

“Alright. I really want to know what classes you’ll be in.” I watched Nathan lift up his hood and cover is head with it.

Well, I’m ready now, what about you?

“Yeah, I’m ready…” I Blushed a little more, seeing him hold out his arm like we were going some place fancy. So, almost cat-like, I slid under his arm and hugged his waist, slightly giggling.
He opened the door for me—So cute! — And walked me to the cafeteria where the rest of the students were to receive there schedule for the next semester of school. Nathan wouldn’t take his eyes off me. When we passed a big crowd of mix-and-match girls, they were all staring at me weird too.

You’re going to have to get use to being stared at a lot more often. At least around me…

I whispered back to him. Just so our conversation wouldn’t get heard by any of the girls that—I know—were talking about Nathan and I. My homeroom teacher—Mr.Harvic—handed me my schedule. A few seconds later, Mrs. Smith handed Nathan his. Him and I stepped out of a line that had formed for the schedules and compared our papers. Which really wasn’t so hard because Nathan just circled the similarities in them. We had classes together in P.E/Health, Art, Music, and math.

“Hey um, Nathan?” I asked scanning the crowd to find Tasha.

Yes Missy? What is it?

“Can um, I go talk to my friend Tasha?” I pointed to the girl with short blond hair. He looked over at her.

Can I go with you?

He smiled at me. I couldn’t resist, or deny that face. So I decided to say yes.

“Heh-heh, alright you can come with me.” So he followed me. It was a good thing he did too, I almost fell over three times trying to get through the new pile among piles of students.

“Hey Tasha!” I yelled out to get her attention. Sure enough, she was me and came running over for a daily hug.

“Hey Melissa! What classes do you have with me?”

“Ha-ha! Well I don’t know dummy, we haven’t went over it yet.” I showed her my list of classes. We had P.E/Health, Art, Language arts, science, and reading together. “Whoa! So many classes! YAY!”
Nathan watched my reactions with Tasha. His emotions and his face slightly saddened. Was he jealous of my friendship with Tasha?

“Hey Tasha, I’ll see you during P.E, I’ll be back.” I waved to Tasha while catching up with Nathan. “H-hey, Nathan,” – I talked to him calm—“I-is something w-wrong?”

I--…its nothing…

He pushed me out of the way. Walking the opposite way.

“H-hey wait, Nathan…why can’t I know what’s wrong?” Apparently he wasn’t listening. I regretted it but I walked out of the school building, and into the near by woods.






“AHHHH!” I ran full force to a tree. My eyes had changed to the blue-ish tint. My hand, my fist, five seconds away from the tree and suddenly, Axel’s hand was there to stop it. His note pad was on the ground.

Why aren’t you in school?

I couldn’t believe his questioning. He knew why I was mad. He had stormed off, away from me. Not telling me what was wrong. He could tell my facial expressions showed it all.

I… I’m sorry. I’m not keeping a very good promise am I?

I couldn’t stop myself, but I hugged him. It was hard to stay angry with him, especially when he was standing right in front of me.

Even through all that, you still can hug me…

“Yeah… but, I just wanted to know what was bothering you. Coming out here…well…it helps me think.”

I don’t think punching a tree is putting your mind straight.

He grimaced, but then he looked at me knuckles. They were red and slightly bleeding. There were scars from previous times I went into the woods to punch trees.

How long have you been out here to “clear your head”? Your hands look like they’ve been through hell.

He picked up my hand, bending down.

I… I can’t resist…

Setting his lips down on the open wounds to drink my blood. I didn’t wince or twitch, in pain of it, like last time. My eyes closed, and as soon as they had, they opened again, with the blue glow. This time, my nails grew longer, like cat nails. Nathan Looked up at me, he stopped just as fast as he started, gently tossing my hand to the ground. I looked up to Nathan wondering why he stopped.

You’re eyes… They are different that before, they are blue…

I only stared at him. Then I blinked and my eyes were normal again. My hands jetted toward my head instantly. Nathan thought light on his feet, grabbing my waist so I didn’t end up passing out. I rest my head on his shoulder.

“U-ugh…My head.”

You should sit down. You don’t look well…

He sat down on the ground and let me sit in his lap. I sighed, keeping my eyes closed. My nose fairly touched his collarbone. His hand skimmed up my back, then on my shoulder, and then the top of my head. I whispered so I wouldn’t hurt my head anymore than it already was.

“I’m surprised no ones found us yet.”

Yeah, But no one will because I have stopped time for every one except me, but you seem to be an exception to the pause in time…

He looked down at me, watching me sleep. His hand stroked through my hair, like I was a kitten. After a while he heard a faint purr. Rumbling from deep down in my chest.



School had ended a few hours later. Nathan and I decided to ‘slow down’ and take the bus home. Of coarse I sat with Nathan. Even though all of the other girls tried to shove me out of the seat to sit with him. He then, put his arm around my shoulder, so that they couldn’t try and push me out again. Nathan set the note pad on my lap.

Are those girls bothering you?

“Not anymore,” I whispered in his ear, cutely. I grimaced, seeing him turn his head to blush. The bus stopped at my house and dropped us off.

Hey Missy…Want to go to the beach below your house?

That sounded like such a great idea. It would give me the chance and the privacy I needed to get to know him better.

“Yeah, that sounds fun. Lets go!” Without thinking about it, I ran off. There was a steep cliff before the small shoreline was visible. It was like my feet had all the control, like my brain couldn’t tell my feet to stop running. I felt myself in mid-air. My feet shot up from the ground. Free falling until I found myself being caught by Nathan. His note pad was in his other hand.

What were you thinking? Jumping off that cliff, you could have killed yourself!

“Whoa…” I held my head, sitting down at Nathans feet, staring wide-eyed now at my hands. What is happening to me? I asked myself. From what Nathan said, he saw my eyes turn a blue color. This has happened twice already. I watched Axel sit down next to me. Deciding to stop his started conversation about me jumping. I Suddenly felt tired. Like something was coming over me. I fell into a deep sleep…




I shot up, opening my eyes to see a nose right beside mine, and meting Nathans gaze.

“H-how long was I sleeping?” I asked still half asleep, but startled. I examined the area around me; we were still at the beach. I could smell the water every time a wave crashed onto shore. My eyes looked back to Nathan, which I had figured out, was resting his head on mine. I regretted moving so quickly. His arms were wrapped tightly around my waist, and I was sitting on his lap. To wake him up, I nuzzled my nose under his chin.

Yes Missy, um, I think we’ve been sleeping for two hours.

He hugged me a little tighter. I blushed. Now was my chance to spill all of the unanswered questions I had locked up.

“Nathan…”

Missy? Um, before you ask me anything…

How did he know I was going to ask questions? It was probably the tone in my voice. Am I that easy to read?

I want to ask you a question first.

He wanted to ask me some questions now too. This brought back the night, two nights ago, when I accidentally hurt him. I winced at the flashback. Nathan knew it too.

“Alright, ask me whatever you want. If you need any advice come to me as well and--…” He cut off my endless talking with his left hand, planted firmly over my mouth. My hand slowly shot up to cover over his hand with mine. I detached his hand from my mouth. Now he was gripping onto my hand. My heard raced, wondering what he could possible be trying to do.
My eyes caught his again, his pure white, creamy eyes, staring me down again, like when we first met. Then I noticed the note pad change. Could he have been thinking of a question? Most likely…

Do you think you are normal?

What did he mean by that? I thought. But the question had sunk in after repeating it in my head. The memory, my eyes’ turning blue, my nails growing cat-like…

“Um, No…I don’t feel normal.” I answered finally. What other questions did he have? I asked in my head. It was like he was only asking these things because he was trying to find out about something.

You know I’m a vampire right?

Of coarse I did. I only nodded at that question.

If I were to die, what would you do?

My eyes widened at the question, just being thrown out like that. It made my heart feel like an ice cube popping when you first put it in a glass of soda. My eyes concentrated on the sand below my feet.

“I…I don’t know, I might kill myself.”—It hurt my heart to say ‘kill’—“ or I might avenge your death.” My hands shook, a little nervous about answering these questions.

Lets say you were going to kill yourself because of my death… Be honest Melissa…

I was always curious to ask why he rarely ever says my real name, and when he does say it, its always-in conversations like this, the serious kind.

“Heaven, w-with me.” I saw him smile when I said, ‘with me’.

I’m glad you think so.

“Um, where are we going with these questions though, cause those questions are really um…dark.” My voice faded within reason. I really just wanted to hear him talk like a normal ‘person’. Not having to worry about the stupid note pad.

Do you know you’re in real danger choosing to stay around me?

“I don’t really care if I get hurt. Its your health that maters the most.” I blushed a little, listening to what I had said. He pulled my hand towards him. Sending my whole body also. “N-Nathan…!” He embraced me tightly. My face was buried in his shoulder. I was holding back tears. The note changed again.

You don’t know how hard it is to not be able to actually talk to you…

I don’t know what made me think of it, but the way his cursive was written, it seemed like he was holding back tears also. I pushed a strand of hair out of in front of his eyes. My heart was racing like crazy again. I know something might happen, or that what I thought.

I should get you back home; your mom’s probably worried about you. And when we get in you’re room I’ll help you with your homework if you’d like.

He smiled, and a study session with Nathan didn’t seem to boring. So I nodded my head in agreement.

“That sounds good Nathan. You’ll meet me in my room right?”

I have a better Idea…

Oh god, what was he going to do now? He picked me up, literally sweeping me off my feet and then he jumped. His jump was so high though. He landed on the roof of my house. Nathan opened my window, slyly walked in and sat me down on my bed. He looked at me for a moment, and then he looked at the clock.

Can you pull an all-nighter doing homework?

He smirked. The way it seemed to me was like he was challenging me.

“Could you stop time after we finish so we can sleep for a little while?” I asked, making my usual witty comment.

Heh-heh. Yeah, I’ll see what I can do.

Nathan winked at me, which made me blush. His white eyes shimmered with happiness and glee. I couldn’t help it. I had to hug him, so I did.

You’re a very ‘huggy’ person, you know that Missy…?

I blushed. Of coarse I am a huggy person. I love being hugged and I love giving out hugs. My face lifted into a smirk.

“Well yeah, I love hugs.”

Hah-hah, I noticed.

So he hugged me a little tighter. Then he noticed himself leaning down to kiss my forehead, but he didn’t catch himself in time. So he ended up really kissing, the top of my head. I didn’t mind it.

I-I’m terribly sorry about that, it’s just that my actions weren’t what I expected them to be…

“Don’t worry about it Nathan
Thank you, Missy. Now um, should we get started on our homework?

“Yeah, that sounds like a good plan. Lets get started.”

We began with math, which I was horrible at by the way. Luckily, Nathan was good at math and helped me through it the best he could.
Next, I helped him with language arts. He helped me with social studies, and in music; we each had our own song—our choice—to sing at the school talent show. Though--lucky Nathan—he forged a doctor’s note saying that he had some disease, and he couldn’t talk or do anything vocal for the next month or so. I didn’t have music with Tasha, so that made it a lot worse. Though, I do love singing, but its not like I was meant to sing on a stage, right?

So, what are you going to sing for the talent show?



Nathan gave me a big grin; he knew I was jealous that I couldn’t make him sing. He was excused from being in the talent show and he would still pass the class.

“Um… I haven’t decided on what I want to sing, but the teacher did say we could sing anything.” I stated. He looked at me kind of strange. But oddly, he had a smile on his face. I walked over to my CD tree, searching for what I was going to sing. Nathan was behind me, watching me. I felt him, gently breathing, warm air on my neck. It gave me goose bumps. I was a big collector of music. I began to wonder what Nathan was thinking the same thing.

What are you thinking? Missy.



We were both wondering what each other were thinking. How cute. But what would I tell him? I tilted my head up. I really was thinking about what it must be like, not being able to talk. His hand reached out to hold onto the side of my arms.

It’s late, and you should get some rest. Oh, and as I promised, I’ll stop time for a while so you can have a good night’s sleep.

I looked over at the clock. It was 12:00—Midnight. The clock stopped blinking; Nathan had stopped time for me. I walked over to my bed, though I tripped over myself three times before I got there.

You do really need some rest. You look half dead.


Even though I normally laughed at sarcastic remarks or puns like those, I was way to tired to even think straight let alone make my brain function enough to laugh or just barely chuckle. When I sat down on my bed, found the nearest blanket and laid down, covering myself.

Get some rest please Missy…

“But, I-if I sleep, t-that means… I…I can’t see…your face.” I gave a slight yawn, fighting to keep my eyelids open. My vision was becoming insanely blurry. I saw Nathans cheeks turn a little pink, but of course he turned his head to hide his blush.


I… I see. Well um, I could lie down next to you if you’d like…

I liked that suggestion. It sounded like a great Idea. So why should I say no?

“Sure.” – I smiled—“ I like that option.” Before I could blink he was beside me on the bed, head resting on a pillow, facing me. I blushed a little. This was very different. I had never slept with a guy before. Besides my dad…
I had never slept with a vampire before either. I lied back down in the bed. Re-covering myself, my head rests on his chest. I listened to his heartbeat. My eyes felt heavier. It felt like I was giving in to sleep, but I didn’t want to. I wanted to stay up with Nathan. Though, I couldn’t fight my eyes any longer. I fell asleep, in Nathans arms.



I woke up, startled by my alarm clock. It was six thirty in the morning. Nathan was looking at me. His white eyes gleaming, but no sun or moonlight touched him.

Good morning Missy, How was you’re rest?


“It was great! I feel a lot better now.” I sat up and stretched. A slight yawn became from my lungs. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Nathan smirk. It’s kind of sad though. I can’t hear him laugh, and I wanted to hear him laugh so badly…


All right. Oh, and in advance, I’m sorry for doing it but I was looking through your closet while you were sleeping. I found a good pair of clothes for you to wear.

He went through my closet! He must have been very bored, and he said he picked out my clothes. Yippee…
Nathan waked to the chair next to my desk. He picked up a light blue tank top. It was my favorite shirt! It had a fairy with dark brown hair and dark blue eyes. The fairy was sitting on the moon. On the right strap of the tank top was a fish net long sleeve. It was a little bit darker than the tank top. Nathan had also found a nice pair of pants for me. I didn’t even know I had them.
© Copyright 2008 Hina Slone (melissa_slone1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1504433-innocent-blood-chapter-2