*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510711-War
Rated: E · Fiction · Fantasy · #1510711
love theme
The snow fell on my face as he carried me and kissed me on the cheeks. He put me down and looked in to my eyes, but we both knew that this would not last forever. I looked in to his blue eyes and felt a comfort and security like never before. But soon they were going to be here.

We both knew it but we didn’t talk about it I wanted this to last forever I, we didn’t want it to end. This was not what we had planned we were going to leave together and live together for the rest of our life and have two kids named Dominic and Joy and we were going to have a house in a nice neighborhood we were going to love each other until the end of the time.

His eyes are sad the tears are about to fall, I put my finger under his eyes and swipe away the tear but I can’t hold myself from crying. He swipes away my tears and kisses me on the cheeks again and saying

– Don’t worry I will be back. His voice is like an angel, so soft, comforting and warming. But we both know that he’s never going to come back. We know it! All that is left for us is the cold silent wind and hearing each other breath. With every breath our love grows bigger but yet more painful.

Don’t spoil the moment just look at each other. Love each other. He hugs me closer pushing me closer to his body, I can feel his heart beat.  His heart beats faster than ever. He can feel my heart beat along with his, anytime now we both know this is going to end I will never see him again. The pain is cutting in my chest like a knife in my heart that is being twisted.

He is crying now I hear him but he doesn’t want me to hear, he doesn’t want me to cry with him. The tears fall down my cheeks instantly freezing when hitting the ground. My heart can’t take this, I can feel his pain too.

They are close now, we can hear the engine now. I don’t want to live anymore, can’t take the pain anymore. Why do they have to do this to us? It’s for our nation they say.

Time is short and yet we remain standing here, not running, not hiding, not doing anything except looking in each other’s eyes. The cold is washed away as he puts his hand on my head, my whole body feels warm like never before. For a second I can see us both lying on a meadow watching the stars and hugging under the nightly stars, the whole world is standing still waiting for us to do something but we just lay there doing noting saying nothing. He swipes my hair behind my ear and picks me a bellis from the meadow, he puts the bellis behind my ear and kisses me on the forehead. I want that moment to stay forever. They are here now! He kisses me on the cheeks and saying – Don’t worry about me I will come back to you.

They drag him away. Now we both know what is going to happen to him. He is sent out to war in the frontline, he is going to fight in the trench in no man’s land! We know what’s going to happen.

They are driving away now I can see his eyes. The pain in them is burning worse than the fires of hell could ever burn.

I can’t take this I can’t stand this but he can’t see me doing this. He just can’t! Now they are out of sight now he can’t see any more now I must do this! I take up a bottle filled with poison I gulp it down in a second.

At last I will be at peace. My body is getting warm and paralyzed I can’t feel my legs anymore can’t feel my hands can’t feel nothing.

Everything is pitching black there is nothing left in this world for me, for us, nothing!

The pain is gone and I can see him, he is back lying next to me in the snow crying over my body, he swipes away my hair from my face and kisses me on the lips, but there is no poison left for him.

The military-police officers are there, they are watching him cry over my body, they just stand there saying nothing they aren’t arresting him for running away again. He stands up looking at the military-police officers yelling “Take me! Take me!  I have nothing left! Just let me die!”. He looks at me and goes down on his knees. Kissing me on the cheek, his tears drop down on my cheeks and down on my lips and I can hear him whispering in my ear -soon my love we will be together, I may not rest with you now but very soon I will. His voice was filled with love and hatred, hatred for what I had done to myself, to us.

The military-police officers are still just standing next to the jeep, silently one of them approaches my love. He puts his right hand on his shoulder and saying -I’m really sorry but there is nothing you can do now. Let us take care of her body, we will give her a proper funeral, come we must go now.

He goes with them, he doesn’t look back at me. He knows I wouldn’t want him to. I know that he can feel my soul the love we share is too strong for it to stop now.

Now there truly is nothing left for any of us!

They say that time heals all wounds but the time is standing still now, now all I can see is the snow and nothing else, my body is gone and my love is gone here I’m just and soul with a broken heart stuck in time.







I'm sorry it's late but my internet was shutdown :( plssss don’t disqualify,

Word count: 1029
© Copyright 2009 lord_easterbunny (marglar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1510711-War