*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513306-Gray-Matter
Rated: · Poetry · Other · #1513306
The colors of heartbreak
Yellow is the color I feel when I see your face. It's like the sun, warming me to my soul. It's the glow I feel from the smile I cannot hide. It's the overwhelming feeling of safety and joy. Comfort.

Red is the color I feel when i think of you. It's the beat of my heart, it's the skipping, the melting of the center of me. It's the truest feeling of love and sincerity. Purity.

Blue is the color I feel when I see your distance. It's the realization of feelings that will never be returned. The knowledge of what I am not and cannot be. It's the cold feeling of emptiness. Solitude.

Green is the color of my envy. The longing of what you give to others. Of what you have been but can't be anymore. It's the ache in my heart that cannot be cured. Pain.

Black is the color of feeling alone. The dark place in me that knows I will always be. The confession that I am nothing more than a broken soul. Crawling in my own skin. Hopeless.

Purple is the color of my hurt. The continual bruising of my heart. The vulnerable softness that I try desperately to hide. A pain I bring on myself. Fragile.

Orange is the color of my anger. The frustration of wanting something I cannot and will not have. The shame of my desire. The battle of what is right and what is true. Contradiction.

Brown is the color of my memories. Of the true happiness you gave me at the first and still I cling to. The mere glimpse of something I can't attain. The fond recollection of what was. The question of why it went away. Confusion.

Gray is the color of all mixed to one. It's the collision of pain and happiness. Of safety and fear. Of friendship and heartbreak. The total of all of me. Destruction. Nothing.
© Copyright 2009 seventeenlines (se7enteen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1513306-Gray-Matter