*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515903-The-Sacred-Hearts-Part-Three-Awakening
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #1515903
Part three
I woke up. I felt groggy. How long was I out? I sat up. I was in a hospital bed. That much was obvious. I felt like throwing up. Just then, a nurse walked in, and gasped. She quickly ran out of the room. What seemed like hours later, she was back, with a doctor barely a pace behind her.

"How l-long have I b-b-een out?" I stammered. The doctor looked down at his shoes. Obviously he didn't want to tell me. Which meant it was a long time. "Well, tell me!" I used up all my breath to scream at him. I laid down. The pain was intense. I could barely handle it. What's wrong with me?

The doctor took a deep breath and cleared his throat. "About three weeks." Okay, so we got an answer. I was scared. Out of energy, I asked a question that surprised even me.

"Where's Annie?" I gasped. What's wrong with me?! Why would he know? But I felt better for asking. The nurse broke into tears. The doctor looked like he was going to be sick, but I wanted answers.

"She came to visit you a lot." So she'd been visiting me. That's great. "Except... a couple days ago she was visiting, and then suddenly ran out of the room. She yelled something about an ungrateful bastard. But she was back." My mind eased. She was afraid about something, but she's okay now. "Chris, she came back as a patient." My heart felt like it stopped beating. "She overdosed on Aspirin. She swallowed almost the whole bottle. tears welling down my face, I said one more thing.

"Is she okay?" The nurse dropped what she was holding and burst into even more tears.

"She's gone" the doctor said.
© Copyright 2009 Shakey1994 (shakey1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515903-The-Sacred-Hearts-Part-Three-Awakening