*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515906-The-Sacred-Hearts-part-four-Truth
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Dark · #1515906
Part four.
Over the next while everything was a blur. They kept me in the hospital for an extra day to make sure i was okay. When I finally got out, I immediately checked my e-mail. A month's worth of messages isn't pretty. Looking through, I found a message from Annie. Opening it, I read the single sentence. My heart isn't sacred anymore. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

I didn't give it much thought. I didn't have to, I was supposed to be dead, but I wasn't. I decided to go try and get my job back. I'd quit, and didn't see any point in sitting around the house. I got to the small restaurant, walked into the kitchen and knocked on my old boss's door. He called me in. I stepped slowly into the damp, dark room.

"Chris?" He said. I explained everything to him, everything I was willing to at least. As much as I pleaded, he wouldn't give in.

"I'm sorry, you quit without any notice or explanation. You're not worth anything."

I left, I couldn't believe him, he'd been like a father to me for two years. When I got home, I decided to unravel Annie's message. I sat down at the computer. I decided to Google 'Sacred heart'. Lots of results popped up. From what I could understand, having a sacred heart meant you were extremely close to God. It was a catholic thing, but I still got the message. Confused, I felt bad. She had felt really great about life, and I had taken it from her.
© Copyright 2009 Shakey1994 (shakey1994 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1515906-The-Sacred-Hearts-part-four-Truth