*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538392-Run-away
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1538392
about a few students in a boring class..
The theme was “what animal would you want to be?” The class didn’t seem very enthusiastic about the topic. Some girl laughed at what thought would be a cute animal.
“A bird I will be! So I can travel the world and see the many places.” The guys sat staring at the girl as if she was stupid. Then continued to carry on their conversation about the baseball game coming up. While another quit shy and quiet girl sat wondering of into space. She dreamed dazily about the beach and the breeze. Missing her hometown and many friends. “What I wouldn’t give to be back laying atop the golden sand. Gazing out into the deep blue sea.” When all of a sudden, there was a crash, and a BOOM. “What the HELL was that?!” The guys shouted. All of a sudden, students dashed by the door! Followed by an ostrich running madly behind them. The students ran for the door to see all of the terror, when suddenly, another POUNDED through the window. Their only choice was to take off through the door and run for cover. The door was stuck and they all shook with fear, for the ostrich was known as a man eater. The guys slammed hard on the door and it finally broke loose. They all took off in separate directions only to find hundreds of students were in the same panic rush. The shy girl looked off down the hall way and saw that a student had been pecked to death. She screamed in terror and ran for her life. She ran down the hall way only turning to catch a glimpse of an ostrich running right on her heels. She made it through the door and turned to face her destiny. The bright sun pounded down on her head, but no creature was behind her. She saw through the tinted window that the monster never came through the door. The sun light saved her day.
© Copyright 2009 htimseilak (kalie1224 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1538392-Run-away