*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556598-Randar-working-title
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1556598
1st draft. a once feared wizard/warrior who made the strongest kings tremble struggles.
    The dawn of a new world awaits us!!!  If they mean to kill us then we will die fighting!!!  Today we will be teachers and they the students!!! We will teach them that there is a high cost to pay when we are called out. We will teach them that the attack is only the very beginning of a battle and to have caution when waging war with men who would be free. 

But most of all  we will teach them that free men do not surrender to tyranny!





    Randar startled himself awake as he realized that he was not in battle and it was only a dream.  It had been many years since he had fought for anything.  But for a moment in his dream it seemed so real.  For a time he was that brave warrior again.....that cunning wizard who feared none and was feared by many.  But the cold morning breeze that had ridden in with the rising sun ever so quietly had helped to jolt him back to reality. 



Randar stumbled to his feet and made his way to the wash stand across the room.  He stared at his reflection and took stock of himself.  His hair was a bit thinner and greyer, His face was darker and there were a few more lines around his eyes and mouth.  But he was still all in all "that" warrior.  He could still be "that" warrior.  That mighty wizard who outhought kings and tyrants. The same man whos gentle side could calm a newborn babe with just a touch.  He could...........if he could gather himself just long enough to prove the power still resided somewhere beneath his broken shell of guilt, pain and anguish.    With a splash of icy water on his tired face he turned to the task at hand.



Randar stared out the window and focused on what used to be a mighty mythial tree.  Mythial trees had healing powers and were ver strong and could withstand almost any element with nary a scratch.  The one thing that afflicted them was dark magic. And not just power of a spell but a mere touch from a dark wizard could render a mythial tree weak and fungus ridden.  Which is exactly what happened to this paticular mythial.  Add that and the season of darkness and the poor thing didn't have a chance.



Randar remembered how majestic and mighty it was. How it offered shade on a hot day, and comfort when you needed a place to rest.  With these memories he stretched out his hand towards the window and uttered a few passages from the sacred book, that even an apprentice would know from beginners magic. "Monthray, efauk, turatay!"

""Please.........just give me back the power.........I won't misuse it again!"  "Show me life!"

It all proved to be to much of a task for him he fell to the floor in a slump , his brow wet with perspiration, his skin pale and white as he tried to bring himself to stand he only managed to make his head spin and fall again to the cold stone floor.  this time hitting his head and blacking completely out.  He laid on the cold stone floor for several hours before he started to rouse.  There was an odd sensation on his cheek as he lie there coming to.  He reached up with the back of his hand to brush away this tickling feeling like an insect or feather brushing his skin and as he did his hand met an obstacle which startled him the rest of the way from his stoop-er.  He gasped and raised up quickly to stand and drug his face through a cluster of leaves.  He scooted away to the corner, stood and stared in amazement.  What had been hovering and waiting for him to awaken was a branch covered in in beautiful silvery green leaves.  He stepped towards the branch and extended his hand into its foliage like he was reaching for an old friends hand.  The leaves were big and healthy and covered in dew.  He began to chuckle out loud. " It worked! I did it!"  Randar ran from the room and out to the courtyard where he dropped to his knees in amazement.  He looked at the tree and what he beheld was more than he could have ever hoped for.  The sickly horrid dying mass was gone and before him stood a beautiful, healthy, magnificent thing of beauty that was a privilege  to behold. 







© Copyright 2009 Lady Blackheart (ladyblackheart at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1556598-Randar-working-title