*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557313-I-feel-the-needthe-need-for-speed
Rated: E · Fiction · None · #1557313
a great heart racing story
I feel the need…the need for speed!
“Go!” said the announcer and I was off right away, my engine gunned and my car rushed forward, and past the others. The streets were slippery as it had poured with rain earlier in the day, this made conditions perilous and visibility low. My tires screeched as I avoided the rush hour of traffic cruising down the highway of Los Angeles, we were racing to the Staples Centre where the winner would be crowned the champion of street racing. In the rear mirror I spotted a car coming lightening fast towards mine, I knew it was time to manoeuvre something mischievous. I blocked the way so that the car couldn’t past until I saw a truck right in front of me and I swerved to the right, before the other car could react it collided with the truck and the golden glow of fire shot up into the sky, smoke billowing with it as well. Now it was done to me and two other cars, or was it? I saw one of the other cars slide across the slippery road and crash right into a lamppost, the lamppost was now dented and bent over, showing the damages the car had suffered. I now noticed the finish line coming up, however the last car remaining came next to mine and rammed into it, I had to control my car with great skill to make sure I didn’t lose the race. I caught up with him hit my nitrous button as I whooshed past my opponent, leaving him in a cloud of dust and now I knew all that stood between me and the title was the finish line. 
© Copyright 2009 bimz da beast (bimz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1557313-I-feel-the-needthe-need-for-speed