*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569640-Anger
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #1569640
Just my take on when "anger strikes!"
Anger, an emotion that some of us know well, we may know it as passionate, we may only come across it from time to time, but most of us will feel it and it truly is no crime.

We may mistake other emotions, for this prominent one, like agitation and exasperation or just downright pissed off!  But to truly feel anger, like a ball of fire in your gut, may not happen for a lot of us, or for some, maybe too much.

I fall into the category, of not often but still do, sometimes it can rage within me and maybe in you too.

It can consume me to the point where I cannot rationalise, the reason I am angry or the look in my eyes as I stare at the subject, of my emotion so raw, look back at me if they dare, who knows if they even saw that they just turned me from placid, into something quite obscene, someone who has fire in their heart and hate on their mind and would quite happily show it, but doesn't want to be unkind.

See that's the funny thing with hate, it can be a fleeting thought, you may think at the time that your target is sought, you can plot and seek your revenge and decide they deserve what you will serve, but no sooner are you ready to attack with your power, you'll stare and prepare, you'll get ready and glower.  Then all of a sudden, your conscious kicks in, is this person really worth of the accused sin?

Is it worthy of your hate, is it so spiteful you'll risk your own mind and soul, to carry out your wish....too often alas, the conscience wins through and reminds you to observe, it's not hate, it was you!

You've misunderstood the situation, you've overracted again, give them a chance to explain, and then, only then, can you truly judge if they are guilty or not.

Some pass the test with flying colours and you quickly realise, that you are merely experiencing disdain and not such despise.

So next time anger may strike you, unaware and with haste, make sure that they deserve it, or you'll be left with the taste, of bitter humble pie, you surely must eat, because enforcing your anger is no mean feat.....
© Copyright 2009 Hazyfantazy (hazyfantazy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1569640-Anger