*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571551-Mischief-of-Feline
by suppii
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1571551
Small dialogue between certain creature and its master.
Keywords: "Would you please stop doing that?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I knew she was mad, just knew it. All of her gestures were impatient and vibrating in air as she moved up and down. Trying to follow all of those made me dizzy.

She stopped when I was laying on the floor. One of her eyebrows raised skeptically, no wonder thought I was faking it.

"Would you please stop doing that?" She glared at me.

Doing what? Was it a crime for laying down when I felt dizzy?

"Scratching furniture is not very nice. You should know better than that."

Oh. That. If I could shrug, I would do it. That was what I would call as “marking territory”, not scratching, mind you.

“You should follow Pablo’s example. He never did the same thing like you do.”

Hey, lady, it was not my fault if my ancestors had decided to inherit this trait to me. And, please, how many times I have told you not to compare me with that panting cotton?

Maybe, she did not understand my language? Most likely.

“Are you listening to me?” She stomped her foot to gain my attention.

Yes, I heard you, my lady. I nodded my head before realized she was probably unable to see it. I expressed it in the speech she understood.

“Good.” She nodded, satisfied. But still angry.

Well, it was time to do the trick. Humbling myself and making keening sound was always a sure way to win her heart.

“You. Stop that.” She protested, but I knew she felt it too.

I tried to increase my charm. Maybe a little rubbing?

She stared at me long and hard, before sighing loudly. And tiredly. Then, she bent down to pick me up.

“I really should never have a cat as pet,” she muttered lowly. I smirked triumphantly.

Mission accomplished.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Word counts: 300
© Copyright 2009 suppii (metatoyami at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1571551-Mischief-of-Feline