*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581362-Respect
by Kristi
Rated: E · Editorial · Experience · #1581362
My take on respect.
My complete understanding of life, a privilege which is taken advantage of by the masses, can be easily summarized with one word: respect. The powerful meaning of respect is grossly underestimated and has been misused and abused for far too long.

The massive correlation between life and respect arrives when one fully appreciates his or her own self ~ from the ground up ~ from the inside out. One must be aware of all the blessings received and all the victories achieved. One must be proud of the obstacles endured and the battles won. Every living person should dedicate a portion of each lived day to quietly reflect on the joys experienced ~ both given and taken. For all joys are designed to be cherished, and not just during the initial moment. Joy can be carried in a person's heart throughout an entire day, as well as into the next. These joys cost nothing, yet are priceless and they weigh nothing, making it all the more worthwhile to carry as many as the toter can count.

Respect is not just the act of holding a door open for a friend ~ it is holding that same door open for a stranger. Respect is not just knowing that people have different views ~ it is, however, an understanding and an acceptance of such. Respect is not hateful, jealous or angry. It is not irrational, prejudiced, or spiteful. It is not manipulative, bossy or superficial. Respect, for every person and every thing, is necessary. It is as important to our success and survival on earth as is our breathing.

Begin each glorious day with a respectful thank you to the powers that be for another celebratory day of existence. Look up to the sun and moon respectfully ~ appreciative for all the life sustaining energy they both provide. Cherish all the greenery that surrounds you at your feet. Nurture your body with the cleansing power of our earth's natural waters. End each day thankful for all the fulfilling enrichments accomplished. Look forward to each tomorrow with a sheer zest for life.
© Copyright 2009 Kristi (kristilove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1581362-Respect