*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584138-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Drama · #1584138
The first chapter of the story of Katryna. the True story. Katryna is my RP character
The Long Road

          “And that is the story of how the darkness came. No one knows what happened to the child, or if she is even still alive, but that chance gives this dark world a ray of hope from being released from its demonic grasp.” A young girl of around 18 with long flowing golden hair and deep blue eyes closed the book and placed it back on the shelf. A child looked up at her, “Miss Katryna, do you think that the baby survived?”

    She smiled to herself, “Yes. I believe with all my heart she survived and is getting her forces together to fight as we speak to one day attack the castle and take back her throne.” Katryna was an orphan, like the rest of the children. She never knew her parents and grew up in the orphanage, and told the story of the takeover by King Dark to the other children to give them hope that one day the lost child would reappear and bring back the sun to the world that she had only seen in darkness.

    A Patron walked into the room, “Katryna, the headmaster has requested your presence in his quarters.” Headmaster Claous had raised her from a baby and she regarded him as her father, still fully knowing that he was not her real father. Lately he had become deathly ill and whispers ran rampant that he would soon pass away. She said her quick goodbyes to the children and walked to his quarters.

    The ailing man looked up at her from his bed, “Ah Katryna, You made it…in time. I don’t have much longer for this world.” “Relax Headmaster. You’ll be fine with some rest and relaxation.” “No, I will not….and neither will this world. You’re an adult now, so it is time you spread your wings and fly.”

    She gasped at the remark slightly, “No, I can’t leave here! Who would watch over the children..” “The other matrons of the house are here to do that. Katryna, why do you like reading that story to the children even with its dark tone?” “I…um…don’t know sir. I just feel like it connects to me somehow in a positive way to my ending point of the princess still being alive out there.”

    With some heavy coughs, the headmaster shoved a small piece of paper into the young girl’s hand, “See Friar Elrian in the town of Mennu, just northwest of here in the mountain steppes. He has some answers for you about your clouded past. Also…there are some supplies in your closet already packed. Take all of those with you, even the blade there. You need it for your journey to help fend off wild animals.”

  She looked at Claouse in shock, “No, I need to stay! The kids need me!” The door creaked open with little Alyson standing there, “Umm Miss Katrina, you should go. We’ll be fine. You should be the first popular person to come out of this Orphanage!” she giggled at her before leaving again. “Well, looks like the kids what you to go. Don’t Be afraid, young Katryna. Face your fear and make me proud.” He coughed heavily as she looked at him in shock, “But…” “STOP MAKING EXCUSES CHILD AND GO SEE THE FRIAR!” The matrons shoved Kat out of the room as they tended to Clause in an attempt to calm him failing heart.

    Kat opened her hand and looked at the paper with the name of the Friar and a short message, “He has the answers you seek.” She clutched the paper and headed to her room, sitting on the bed and looking out the window as the top of the castle peeks over the Horizon. Her eyes lost in thought, her mind focused on the very top.

~*~

    At the castle, Dark walked up to the balcony to over look the city. He looked down upon the city that cried in pain, with demons ravaging the streets and the people living in despair. He grinned to himself lightly before looking off into the Horizon. As he looked, his mind’s eye took note of Kat in the far away orphanage watching him.  Her snickered to himself, “Let the games begin….little Katryna.”

~*~

    Back at the Orphanage, Kat gasped as the two had a meeting of the Mind’s eyes. She had felt terror for a moment like none other. A terror that shocked her soul into wanting to hide. The room got colder as they looked at each other briefly and she heard a small whisper in her ear, “Let the games begin….little Katryna.”

    She stood and opened her closet, a couple backpacks sat there as well as a blade. She grabbed to blade and wrapped the belt firmly around her waist as she placed the backpacks upon her. “I have to find out what that voice was just now. That was so….demonic….”

  ~*~

    Later that night when everyone was asleep, Kat snuck out of her window with the paper in her hands with directions to the town of Mennu to visit the Friar. But she had no idea what kind of a life his words would lead her to be asked to lead.

   
© Copyright 2009 Sharingan (dialgana at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1584138-Chapter-1