*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587092-Invader-Tak
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1587092
An Invader Zim Fanfic...
“Its a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Birds are sing, Squires are scampering around playing with their nuts, and even the most ghoulishly of homicidal maniacs can't help but to feel the suns warm glow, and have 2nd thoughts about hunting tonight. Well, all but one person is enjoying this wonderful day. He's fighting a secret Intergalactic war for the sake of mankind, so he doesn't have time to enjoy life, or play with the other kids, or make any friends. Cause He's a humongous Dork that can't seem to go a single day without being a colossal Embarrassment to his Little sister” Gaz continues, but is soon Interrupted By Dib “Gaz Please. I have to concentrate on this.” She rolls her eyes, and walks out of the room. “Whatever.”

Dib just sighs, and turns the TV up so he can hear the beginning Narrative of his favorite Paranormal Investigation show “Welcome to another episode a 'Mysterious Mysteries'. Today We will be talking with Edd Harvey, Or you may know him better as 'THE MAN THAT KILLED BIGFOOT'.” Dib starts to Fantasies about the day that they ask him to come on the show when He finally gets the proof he needs to expose Zim as the Gruesome Alien he is...

Then Without warning Dib is awoken from his wet day-dreaming by a loud CRASH!! Coming from outside. ”What the?” He runs out, and sees the garage Door laying in the middle of the yard, and Tak's Ship is Gone. Dib Growls “Zim...”, and he starts running down the road to Zim's house...

Meanwhile at Zim's Base Gir is setting on the couch watching the Angry Monkey Show “I love this show.” until his couch potatoeing is interrupted by a sudden 'Knock, Knock, Knock!' at the door.

He jumps to his feet gasping with excitement, and runs to the door. He throws it open, and shouts “Give me Tacos!” Dib stands there for a minute with a confused look plastered on the fron of his enormous face “Ummm, I don't have any Tacos?”.

Gir lowers his head broken inside “Awwww.”, then slams shut the door on Dib. 'Knock, Knock, Knock!' Gir again becomes excited as he throws the door open ”Tacos? Did you bring me Tacos for my Sunday morning?”

Dib gives a clever smile as he reaches into his pocket “There not on me, but here’s ten bucks.” He pulls his hand from his pocket with a few bucks clenched in his fist, then he tosses it to Gir. “knock yourself out.”

Gir Takes the money, and runs off leaving the door wide open. Dib shrugs and casually walks in “Huh, I never thought it would be that easy. Now where's Zim hiding?”

Just at that moment He hears the familure voice of his most hated rival “Silly Earth child, I’m watching you on the monitors. Did you really think you could Out smart Zim!?”

Dib Starts looking around in a defensive stance “uhhh, Yeah.... actually I did.” then he turns around to confront Zim “Where’s Tak's ship?” Zim Shrugs and casually says, “I don't know.”, Then picks bac up where he left off in his speech as he points at Dib with a sinister grin “But I know where you are, and that is here. in the place that will be the place of your Doom! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!” And suddenly metal tentacles descend down upon Dib from the ceiling, and Dibs vision goes black... 


Dib wakes up slowly to the sight of Stars blinking in the night sky, as his eyes adjust he feels lots of shacking, and movement as if there’s an earth quake, and he can hear the sound of a tussle.

He lifts his head and sees Zim and Tak in what looks to be Tak's Ship fighting over the controls, and He can see earth getting farther, and farther away till it vanishes. “Huh, Wait, what the hell’s going on!?” Dib shouts, but neither of the aliens take notice of him.

He begins to feel nauseous as the ship starts spinning around, and around faster, and faster it spirals out of control then the last thing the sees is a bright blue flash before falling unconscious again...


Tak awakes laying on her back. She sees Zim hanging unconscious from a tree limb about 15ft above her in the night sky. as she sets up she sees Dib lying next to her, and they are dangerously close to the burning rubble of the ship ”If this explodes we're dun-for”, so she makes her first priority to drag him to safety, but as she stands she realizes that she has no use of her left arm. It just hangs there limp. dislocated from her shoulder.

She can hardly feel it now though because her pak has already spiked her blood with painkillers, so it’s not much for her to just grab hold, and pop it back into joint, then get to work.

She Reaches down for Dib,  grabbing the shoulders of his Trench coat, and starts pulling him back over the tall Green plant life, but as she pulls him back she can see a blood trail being left by him. She looks him over, and sees the left leg of his pants is soaked with blood. She looks around. they are in the middle of a clearing, there’s a cave about one hundred yards at the cliff side behind her, so she drags Dib to the entrance, then goes back to the crash site for Zim.

When she gets back to the crash site she hears Zim waking up “Huh? Hmmm? What?” he falls from the tree, and lands next to her. Zim stands up seemingly unharmed by the crash, Then begins to yell at her “YOU!! You see what your interfering has done!?”

She clenches her fist considering the prose-n-cons of breaking his jaw for that question before responding “My interfering? You’re the one that tried to steal 'MY' ship you miserable little bastard!” As she leans in close looming over him he retorts “Only after you stole My Prisoner!”

She stops herself for a moment to close her eyes and exhale in an attempt to calm down, then say “Arg, We'll have plenty of time to figure out who's fault it is later. Right now We need to focus on surviving.”

She looks around “Well Dib is breathing, there’s a fire burning, and lush vegetation growing all around us, so it’s safe to assume the atmosphere here must be similar to earths. So, any Idea what planet this is?”

Zim Shrugs ”I don't know. Wait?! What do you mean Dibs breathing? Where is that disgusting Earth boy?”

Tak points at the cave “I left him over there for now.”

Zim Shouts “You know how Crafty he can be! Why would you leave him alone? He’s going to escape!”

Tak rolls her eyes “First off: He's been wounded by the crash, and secondly Where's he going to escape to?”

Zim Tries to snap back, but realizes shes right. “Uhhhh, hmph.”

The two of them walk to the cave, and Tak starts looking over Dib. she extends one of her pak-legs and uses is razor sharp tip to cut his left pant leg off so she can see where the blood is coming from. The minuet she gets it off Zim turns away “Ewwhoo!“ She sighs “It’s pretty bad, but I think I can fix it.”

Zim looks at her with a puzzled expression “And why would you want to do that?”

Tak doesn’t even look at him as she quickly answers his question “Because Zim, you said it yourself that he’s crafty. I hope to be off here before he even fully recovers, but if we end up having to stay for a while another set of competent hands, and if nothing else; intelligent conversation could be useful.”

Zim crosses his arms over his chest as he reluctantly submits to her logic “Fine…. But he’s your baggage!” then he storms off outside.

Tak just lets him go “Fine, go pout.” Then she gets back to work on Dibs wound.


Later that night Dib jolts awake Screaming “WERE GOING TO CRASH!!” He looks around but it’s pitch black, and cold. The surface he woke up on feels like moist dirt, and stones. His whole body hurts, but his lower left thigh is killing him.

It’s not long before he begins to panic “hello? Where am I? Is anyone here? Hello?! HELLO!!?” Then he feels a hand take his Its warm and soft but there’s only three scaly fingers, and he looks to his left, and sees two big glowing purple eyes looking at him ”Tak!? He Ejaculates with Fear and Shock.

Tak's voice replies “Shhhh, relax.”

Dib shouts “Relax!? What do you mean Relax? Where the Hell am I? What are you doing to me? Why does my leg Hurt so bad? What happen to Zim?!”

Then he hears Zim's Voice coming from the right of him, He turns his head, and sees two red glowing Irken eyes “Quiet Human. I’m over here. Now go to sleep. We will tell you everything in a way your puny earth mind can understand it in the morning.”

Dib lays back “Oh no. You wrecked didn't you? I remember. We wear in Tak's ship, you two wear fighting over the controls, shouting at each other, then that blue flash, and now.... Oh God we're stranded on an alien planet aren't we?” Hopelessness starts to set in, and his eyes begin to tear up a little. He can still feel Tak's hand clenching his, and it’s somewhat comforting, then without warning he feels a sting in his upper left thigh “OUCH!” What was that?!”

Tak tells him “Shhhh, just something for the pain. It will help you sleep.”

He tries to set up, but he feels so weak. His leg goes numb, and his eyelids feel heavy. “Tak Please. I don't want to fall asleep again. I want to know whats...going.....on........” and he passes out.

Zim soon adds his two cents “I still think you never should have pulled him from the wreckage. He's going to need food and water, and I'm not sure if you can keep him alive with that leg the way it is...” he grins smugly as he continues. “You may have just doomed him to a slow and painful death.”

Tak growls “Just shut up Zim!”

Zim jumps to his feet “Why? Because you know I'm speaking the truth? We have a very strict protocol for being stranded on an alien planet, and you aren't fallowing it. Just because you don't want to let your pet Dib human die.” He starts to laugh “You’re a fool, and I'm not going to set here, and watch you waste time taking care of him when we should be trying to find a way out of here!” he starts marching out of the cave.

Take stands up over Dib and shouts to Zim “And where are you going?”

Zim turns toward her and says “I’m going to find a way out off this fucking planet.” Then he disappears into the jungle.

Tak just lowers her head “Idiot.” Then looks down at Dib as he sleeps. She starts to wonder if the things Zim said are true. If she really is compromising her chances of survival for the right reasons. Maybe Zim is right?....”What am I thinking? He’s just being an asshole.” She mutters to herself in reassurance as she lays back down and goes to sleep.


The next morning Tak wakes up bright and early, and immediately realizes that she’s holding Dib's hand. “Did I grab it or did he?” she wonders out loud as she gently lays it down on the ground by his side.

Then she puts her glove back on, extends her pack-legs, and skitters out of the cave to get a better idea of the surrounding environment. As much as she hated to admit it Zim was right about two things. She had no clue what planet they were on, and Dib's chances wear pretty slim. Without any kind of antiseptic he would surely die of infection. That and the matter of food, and water.

Irkens don't need to eat or drink, they merely snack for fun, and comfort. The pak that’s fused to their spins sustain them allowing them to survive in even the harshest of environments, but humans on the other-hand are weak, squishy, and frail. They need to eat to survive, plus there's the matter of his psychological health. if all seems too hopeless he my snap or sink into a deep depression. Neither of these things would be in anyway helpful to either of them, so as it stands it's probably best that he can't leave the cave yet. If he has Hope his body will heal faster, and fight infection better.

She Climes the cliff-side on the outside of the cave hoping that if she can get a bird’s eye view of things maybe she'll be able to see something that’s in some way helpful.

Her powerful mechanized legs scaled the steep cliff with ease as she looked out over the horizon, then she spots it out in the distance only a couple hundred yards past the crash site she could see a river. “There's water, and where there's water there's food.” she said smiling.


Meanwhile Dib wakes up, and he can now see he's in a cave though his glasses are gone he can see he's about 50feet in from the caves entrance too his left, and the back of the cave is about 10 feet too his right, but theres no sign of Tak or Zim. “Hello? Tak? Zim? Anyone?”

He sets up, and looks at his leg. His left pant leg has been cut off about halfway up his thigh, and he can see why. There’s a huge gash just above his knee though its been stitched shut and looks clean it still hurts like hell, and there’s a pipe tied to the inside and the outside of his thigh Obviously a makeshift splint. “It must be broken.” he says to himself.

“Hello? Is anyone here?” He can’t help but to worry a little. He has no clue how long he's been out, or if Zim and Tak are still around. “They could have fixed the ship and left without me, or killed each other, or even got killed by something, or someone ells” he thinks to himself.  He starts getting really scared “HEY, CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!”

Then he hears “Dib?!” from outside the cave.

He responds to the sound of another person “HEY! CAN YOU HEAR ME!!” 

Then he hears it again “I'm coming!”

It’s Taks voice He starts looking around “WHERE ARE YOU!?”

Then he Hears Tak say “I'm here don't panic.” and she enters the cave

He sighs out “Oh thank God! I never thought I'd be so happy to see an Irken.” He says laughing with relief. “Hey, Where's Zim?”

She retracts her pak-legs and walks up to him “Lay back I want to have a look at that leg again.”

Dib ask again as she kneels down next to him “Where's Zim?”

She doesn't respond to his question, but continues talking about his leg “hmmm, looks like its healing up nicely. You should try to get some more rest. We'll be leaving to a more strategic location as soon as it’s safe to move you.”

Dib says “Can you please answer my question?”

She looks at him for a moment, then sighs “I Don't Know. We had an argument this morning, and he stormed off into the jungle. Personally, I say Good rid-ens.” She pulls a syringe out of her pak, and says “now stay still I'm going to give you something for the pain again.”

Dib shouts “NO Wait!! I spent enough time sleeping. Please talk to me.”

She sighs again rolling her eyes, and remembers that humans are far more codependent then Irkens. “I understand your scared, feeling alone, and powerless right? What do you want to talk about?”

Dib looks around than give her a slightly cocky tone as he says “Ummmm Some insight would be nice.”

She replies “I guess you are entitled to that.”

Dib sighs “I'm glad you feel I'm 'entitled to it'. So, what happened? Where are we? What are we going to do? And what were you And Zim arguing about?”

She says in a reluctant tone. “We crashed on this Jungle planet, and you wear injured, I don't know what planet this is yet, but I found water, and most likely there will be food with it.” She laughs a little “I never thought I would miss Planet Dirt. At least I was able to build a ship there out of all the trash, but there’s nothing I can repair it with here.” She then looks at his eyes and can see him beginning to get worried “But I may have a plan. I can't do it alone though, and Zims a dick, so you need to get better, so we can get off this rock.” She feels kind of bad about lying to him like that seeing on how she has no plan, but she felt the ends justifies the means. that lie gave him hope, and a feeling of purpose. She stands up, and starts walking to the Entrance of the cave.

Dib says “Hey, you didn't answer my question about Zim.” She stops, but doesn't turn back to him “I know.... I have to go check something out. Don't worry, and try to get some rest.” then Her Spider-like robotic legs comes out of her pak, and she scuttles out.

Dib just lays back “What the hell am I going to do? I can't just lay here and hope Tak saves me. I have to do something.” he looks around, but all he can see is dirt, and rocks. “ARRRRHG DAMNIT!!” he throws a Rock in anger.


Hours pass, the sun goes down, and the cave starts getting pretty lonely. Dib starts to wonder if Tak is coming back or not. He starts talking to himself. “It's ok Dib, Tak took the Time to mend My wounds She's Too prudent to waste time doing that if she was just planning to leave me here to die.” then he hears a sound coming from the cave entrance He can barely see, but he can make out movement. “H,Hello Is that you Tak?”

Tak responds in a mildly annoyed tone “No, I'm the booger-man. Who the bloody hell ells would it be?”

Dib grunts out “I don't know. Maybe Zim , or some kind of native alien, or something”

Tak walks up to him carrying a bunch of sticks. “I'm sorry, I'm not mad at you. It’s just been a long day.” She kneels down and stats laying out the sticks in a pile. “I haven't seen a single animal out there. It's so odd.” Then shrugs. “Well, if we are going to survive we’re going to need a fire.”

Dib reaches in his pocket. “I got a lighter.”

Tak Smiles at him “Good, that will definitely help.” She lights a small dry twig wrapped in dried moss, and slides it under the larger ones, then starts blowing on it until it gets bigger, and catches the other sticks on fire, then she walks out of the cave again.

Dib say “Hey, where are you going? Come back!”

She comes back in with some blue, apple shaped fruit covered in yellow dots, and some odd blue leaves. She holds up the strange fruit “After careful testing, and analysis. I have concluded that this is safe for earthling consumption.” she tosses it too him.

He looks it over, then looks at her. ”If I wanted to kill you Dib I would have just left you in the ships burning debris, or I would have killed you while you was passed out, or I would just stomp your head in while you wounded and unable to defend yourself.”

Dib looks at the fruit again “I guess you’re right. Sorry.” then he takes a Bite out of it. “hmmm that isn't half bad.” He watches her put the Blue leaves in her mouth and start chewing. She keeps putting more leaves in her mouth but doesn't swallow. She just keeps adding more until there’s a wad in her mouth about as big around as a silver dollar, then she leans over Dib's leg, and spits it out onto his stitches.

It burns and tingles and causes Dib to shout out in pain “OW!?! WHAT THE HELL!?”

She looks at Him, and says “Sorry, I should have warned you. Those leaves are a natural antibiotic. It was either that, or You die from an Alien infection.” she put her hand on his chest “look Dib I'm going to do my best to get you through this, but you have to trust me ok?” she then says “Now I'm going to have to smear that around then wrap your wound in some bandages I salvaged from the ship. It's going to hurt really, really bad, but you need to stay still.”

Dib feels so embarrassed, and unsure. Having to depend on a race that was his mortal enemy yesterday to save his life today. he takes Tak's hand off his chest and clenches it tightly as his eyes tear up a little. “Please don't let me Die out here.”

She Gives him a warm smile, and says ”I'm not going to let that happen. Now lay back, and let me work.”

Dib lets her hand go, and lays back “Ok, I'm ready when you are.”

tak removes her glove, and very gently starts smearing the blue goo all over the wound. It hurts like hell, but Dib can't help but to be surprised by how gentle she's being. “How anyone from a race that’s taught to fight, kill, and conquer from birth is able to develop such a gentle touch is almost a miracle.” he thinks to himself. Then she starts wrapping the leg in some gauss. “Oh God this hurts so bad.” Dib can’t help but to blurt out. When she finally gets it wrapped Dib sets up grinding his teeth in pain. with tears streaming down his face.

She leans in close to him an puts a hand on his chest, and another hand on the back of his head, and begins to slowly lay him back again “Shhhhhh, its ok. The pain just means it’s working.”

Dib suddenly wraps his arms around the lower portion of her torso, then pushes his face into her lower abdomen, and starts crying.

Tak is feeling very awkward, and confused, but this wasn't totally unexpected. Humans are prone to becoming weak, and insecure when faced with their own mortality, so she just starts rubbing his head. “You’re going to be ok.” Her words are comforting to Dib even though he can hear in her voice that she's only saying what she thinks he needs to hear.

After a few minutes Dib looks up at her, and tries to compose himself again. “I'm sorry, I'm just....”

“Scared?” she interrupts then continues “It’s understandable.”

Dib laughs a little wiping the tears from his eyes “Cause I'm human right?”

She smiles “No, cause your alive. All living things get scared.” she keeps running her fingers threw his hair. “Even Irkens get scared sometimes, but we are trained how to stuff it down, and focus on completing the mission from the day we are created. You humans have a softer upbringing.”

Dib lets her go, and lays back again. “you make it sound like we're the weaker race.” he says with an awkward chuckle.

She shrugs “Well, You humans are a lot more delicate then us Irkens Both physically and Psychologically, But I wouldn't say your Weaker. Your people are just given choices. We are raised by the Irken military, and given mandatory cyber-implants to compensate for the weaknesses of our fleshy parts. We don't get to choose what we want to be when we grow up. We are just given assignments. These assignments are basically what we are going to do for the rest of our lives, or until we are reassigned. As you could imagine being an 'Invader' is the dream of every Irken. It’s the only title you can actually earn through hard work, and discipline” then she chuckles “Believe it, or not, but Zim was a cook before he was sent to earth.”

Dib starts laughing “A cook? Really? Wow, so my arch nemesis is the most dangerous Chef in the universe?” Tak joins in, and they spend a couple of minutes laughing, then Tak Puts her glove back on as she stands up, and tosses some more wood on the fire.

“So, What was you two fighting over when he left?” Dib Inquires

Tak replies “I'll tell you later.”

Dib sighs “Ok, can you tell me what happened to my leg?” She looks at him “You had what your race calls a 'compound fracture'. That spot I had to stitch up is where your Bone was stacking out.”

Dib squirms a little just thinking about the thought of having his bone ripping out of his flesh. “Wow, that’s pretty bad huh?”

She sets down next to him again “It's pretty serious on earth, but We are trained to patch ourselves up from much worst then that. I just been applying everything I been taught about keeping myself alive to human physiology, and it seems to be working out well. I expect you’re going to make a full recovery. Now here. I found some water while I was out” and she lays a canteen next to him.

Dib fidgets around a bit then says “Umm, Tak.”

She looks at him

“uhh, Thanks.. For, Well everything. I'm not even sure why you’re working so hard to save me.”

she lays her hand on his shoulder to comfort him. “Don't worry about it.”

Dib looks up at her “No, I am worried about it. You’re Irken, and you have been my sworn enemy ever sense Zim landed on earth, but now here we are. I'm crippled, and helpless, and you been spending so much time, and effort just keeping me alive, and I have no idea why.”

She shrugs “We're not all like Zim. Yes we are by Earth's standards cold, and militant, but that doesn't mean we are completely dead inside. Just because your people aren't Irken doesn't mean Earthlings are my enemies.”

Then Dib replies “Yeah but I ruined your plot to destroy Zim, and take over the Earth. That had to have left you a little pissed off.”

She takes her hand off his shoulder “Oh I was. I plotted to kill you, and Zim, but this Situation has widened my Perspective on things. Being my enemy doesn't make you a bad person. We was just two good solders on separate sides of the battlefield, and seeing on how we are no longer on that battlefield anymore I don't feel we need to be enemies anymore.” then she rubs the top of his head. “Besides. Two people have a better chance at surviving then one, so keeping you alive is beneficial to both of us. Now close your eyes, and get some rest.” she stands up, and sets a couple more pieces of wood on the fire.

Then Dib say “Wow, I never looked at it that way.” He pauses awkwardly then continues “For what it's worth, I always liked you, and I did hope for the best for you when Zim blow you into space.” He then starts rubbing his head nervously “Truth is I always hoped you'd come back. That’s kind of why I kept your ship.”

Tak doesn't even turn back to him “Go to sleep. We can talk more in the morning.” she says in a dismissive almost cold tone as she stokes up the fire.

Dib just stairs at her back for a bit wondering to himself “What just happen? I thought her and I was having a moment.” Then lays down and turns his head so not to look at her feeling more hurt then angry.

She glances over her shoulder at him, but doesn’t say a word then stands up and turns toward the entrance of the cave and thinks about what he said. The words ricochet around her methodical Irken mind like a bullet in her brain as she thinks too herself “What the hell was that? Is he getting sentimental?”

Dib hears her walk away from him witch is just as well to him. He would rather be alone now anyway.

She walks out of the cave, and starts to reason it out remembering that there is a known human condition where the Patents fall in love with their nurse. “I guess it’s possible that he thinks there’s more to me saving him then what it actually is…. But why do I feel so bad?” She looks up at the stars and Sighs “Humans are so odd. Over-romanticizing everything.” then she starts walking around in the clearing.

Dib though pretending to be asleep hears her talking to herself, and hears her comment about his people being overly romantic. His fist clench as he’s overtaken with a feeling of embarrassment, He thinks to himself “I was a complete idiot to think an Irken could have given a damn about anyone other than themselves.”

She stops walking around when she comes up on Dibs bloody pant leg. Still lying where it landed when she ripped it off him. “Well at least I don't have to worry about the smell of blood being in the air. I haven't seen a single animal on this rock yet.” She sets down in the tall grass, and slides her boots off, and puts them in her pak.
The cool damp night air feels good on her sweaty green feet. She lays back wiggled her toes in the wind and for the first time sense waking up here she feels comfortable, but she can’t help but to wonder ”Why haven't I seen any animals? It doesn't make any sense that a world so rich and able to support life would have no creatures living on it.” She sets up, and looks around “Something’s not right here.” She extends her pak-legs and heads back to the cave.

When she gets back in the cave she can tell that Dib is asleep, but notices he is shivering, and remembers that her cyber-implants not only keep her feeling comfortable in most weather conditions, but also regulate her temperature to keep her healthy and optimal for combat no matter what the temperature is, but His weak human body doesn't have that, and if he gets sick with that leg the way it is that could be the end of him, so she takes her overcoat off, and lays it over his bare leg, takes off her gloves, then stratles his right knee between her thighs, and lays down on his chest to warm him with her body heat. she nuzzles her face into his chest. Sehes almost surprised by how warm and soft he feels as She slides her arms under his shirt and presses her palms flat against his sides. Her fingers can feel the definition of his muscles and ribs, and She falls asleep to the sound of his heart beating.


The next morning Dib wakes up, and feels Tak laying on him. He opens his eyes, and looks down at the top of her head. The side of her face on his chest, Her lipless mouth is open slightly, and there’s a wet spot on his shirt where she’s been drooling a little, but it doesn't bother him. He's been a social reject his entire life so, the feeling of a woman of any kind laying across his chest is a new and invited feeling to him. He can't help but to think “This moment almost makes all this pain, and trouble worth it.” He reaches out and places one of his hands on her back just below her Pak. Then brings his other hand around and places it behind his head. And just thinks about everything that’s happened in the last couple of days. “It’s certainly been one hell of a ride.”

Then he hears Tak say “You’re talking like your giving up.”

He looks down his chest at her, and she's looking back up at him. “Well, I'm not giving up, but I can't think of any way out of this mess.”

She lifts her head. “Silly human. For all we know they're may be a city of civilized aliens just a few miles away from us. We don't know enough about this planet to assume anything yet.” She wipes her mouth, then looks at his shirt “Sorry.”

Dib smiles “Don't worry about it.” They smile at eachother for a moment,  then Dib continues “Ummm, I guess your right I mean for all I know We may still be on earth.”

She roles off him, and starts putting her boots back on. “Mmmm, I highly doubt that, but I see your point.” She gets her left boot on, then she puts her hand on the side of his face. “You worry about getting better. Let me worry about getting us off this planet. Ok?” Then she pulls on her right boot, and stands up. Dib yawns and stretches his arms. “I wonder if Zims is having better luck?”
She goes to leave the cave while she pulls her gloves back on, and Dib says “Hey, your Coat.” She turns back too him “You hold on to it for me.” and she walks out.

She goes back to the crash site, and starts looking over the ship seeing if there's anything more she may be able to use or salvage, but there’s less here then last time. A lot less. even her broken communication radio is now missing, but she can see a trail of ship parts leading into the jungle. “Zim.” she growls. “I think I can take the time out of my day to put you out of my misery.” and she starts fallowing the pieces of scrap.

Meanwhile Dib rubs his hand over the spot on his shirt still moist from Tak, and can't help thinking about his and her moment this morning. “I think she’s starting to like you human.” He hears from the Cave's entrance.

He turns his head “Zim!? How long have you been there?”

Zim walks in “Long enough.” then walks over next to Dib. “So tell me Earth boy. What do you plan to do? Get better then live here happily ever after as Tak's Love pig?”

Dib grinds his teeth a little before saying “No, She's Irken, and I'm human. There's no way it could work out.”

Zim Laughs “That’s surprising, I wouldn’t have expected someone perceptive enough to see threw my brilliant disguises and thwart my plans to be so close minded.” He sets down. “I thought for sure you would want her, I mean she’ll believe, and understand you in a way that no Human woman ever could, but you’re willing to forget that cause her skins Green?”

Dib shouts “I'm trying to forget that because she wants to take over my home Zim!” Then he continues “I don't even know why we're talking about this. Are you here to help, or are you just looking for a fight?”

Zim rolls his eyes as he laughs “Stupid Human, What would I possibly want to help you for?!” Then he gets on his hands and knees and leans in close to Dib's face. “The way I see it If I can leave you, and Tak here, Then I can be free to take over the Earth without concern of you trying to stop me, or her beating me too it.” He stands up ”But I know how resourceful you two can be, and together you two may be able to get back to Earth and ruin everything, So I decided that it’s in my best interest to kill you both before I leave.”

Dib gives Zim a cocky smirk “and how are you going to do that. You’re just as fucked as we are.”

Zim loudly interjects “WORNG EARTH-PIG!! You forgot about Gir. He's still on Earth, and so is my ship. All I had to do was rig up a Transmitter powerful enough to reach Earth, and now he's on his way here as we speak, so sorry to disappoint you.” then he gives Dib's broken leg a kick.

Dib grabs it Screaming ”YOU SON OF A BITCH!”

Zim laughs “Thats right, Scream Dib, Scream in pain, and draw Tak back here to her grave! AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!”

Meanwhile Tak is fallowing the mess of scraps until she comes up on a hallowed out tree. at the top of it she can see something shining so She extends her pak-legs and skitters up to have a look. There she sees the missing radio, and transmitter dish wired together from her ship rigged up to parts of the communications equipment of Zim's own pak. She looks it over. “How was he able to power it though?” after thinking about it for a minute her eyes widen “No, that would be crazy and reckless even for him. Only a fool would do that.” but she can feel it. This Irken equipment still holds a small charge of Irken life energy “That crazy fool.” and she scuttles back to the cave as fast as her pak will carry her.

Shortly after Zim starts laughing he feels woozy, and puts his hand on his head. “Uhhh...” then he regains his balance.

Zim hears “Whats a matter Zim? You use more energy then you though?” from behind him.

Zim turns around “Sending out a transmission strong enough to reach Earth requires a lot of juice, And theres nothing electrical on this world except our paks. I had to tap into my own life energy to send the message out, but it won't matter when Gir gets here. I'll simply recharge on the trip back to earth.”

Tak Starts laughing “YOU FOOL! What’s the chances Gir even received your distress call. Or an even better question is What’s the chances He'll come get you? He's not the brightest crayon in the box after all. How much time do you have left before you start starving Zim? From my calculations you should only have a couple of hours.” She grins evilly “All you did was Doom yourself.”

Zim extends his pak-leg, and charges at her “You are the Doomed one!” He pounces at her, but she dodges to the left. His pak-legs Revert back into his pak, and he lands on his hands and knees on the ground. She scuttles up behind him. “You really should conserve your energy Zim. Your life's going to keep getting shorter the more you exert yourself.” Zim turns his head too her with a smirk. “I have plenty long enough to kill you and Dib.” then he throws a handful of dirt in her eyes.

“Ahhh!” She puts her hands over her eyes. And starts rubbing them. He tackles her screaming “DIE BITCH DIIIIIE!!”

Dib Feels so powerless watching them fight like this with his life hanging in the balance. He looks around, but he can't see anything he can actually use.

Tak Manages to threw Zim off her. His Pak-legs come out, and catch him just before he hits the ground, Then out of nowhere His Ship comes down behind him, And Zim Starts Laughing Evilly “AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! VICTORY FOR ZIM!!” then he look at Tak, and says “Tak, you are a fellow Irken, so I'll give you an opportunity to redeem yourself. You let me kill the Dib humn, and I'll let you come back to Earth as my 2nd in command, or something.”

Tak looks at Dib for a moment, and despite the fact that serving Zim would be Hell she knows how easy it would be to escape him. “Tick-Tock Tak. I'm not planning on standing here all day while you decide.”

She lowers her head. “Ok Zim, you win.” And Bid’s face goes flush.

Dib blurts out in anger “I KNOW YOU IRKENS COULDN’T BE TRUSTED!”

Zim Says “Good girl, I knew you would see it my way. Now stay here Wile I finish my business with Dib.” and he retracts his pak-leg and walks into the cave “Well silly human, have you learned anything about what happens when you fall in love with the enemy?”

Dib just glares at Zim. “Just do it already will you?” Zim leans in close “With pleasure.” Then Dib throws Tak's coat over him, and lights it with his lighter

“AAHHHHH! I'M ON FIRE, I'M ON FIRE, I'M ON FIRE!! GIR HELP!!!” Gir hops out of the ship with his eyes glowing red, ”Yes Sir!” and grabs The canteen full of water Tak gave Dib the night before, and dumps it out on his master.

When Zim is no longer burning he says “Ohh, that was a good try Dib, but that won’t save you from....... WHERE THE HELL IS HE!?”

Gir points at the ship flying off in the distance “Tak got him, and left while I was putting you out.”

Zim shouts “What!? WHY DIDNT YOU STOP THEM!?”

Gir responds “I don't know.”

Zim screams out in rage “AAAAHHHHHHHRRRRR!!!”

Dib looks out the window “Victory for Earth.” then he leans his head back, and closes his eyes. “So, what are you going to do now?”

Tak just shrugs “I don't know, now that Zim’s gone I don't have any reason to destroy Earth I guess.” She continues flying the ship as she speaks “Maybe I'll go back to Irk, and try to become an Invader again.”

Dib Opens his eyes and lifts his head “WHAT!? After the way they treated you!? Why would you go back to them?.”

She smiles a little “Why would you want to protect the nasty children at your school, and all the other people that call you crazy on Earth?”

Dib lowers his head. “I guess that’s the same question.”

Tak looks at Dib “It's just who we are. You’re a protector at heart, and deep down I'm an Invader.”

Dib just looks at her for a few minutes, then he sees a wormhole open outside.”that’s the way Home huh?” Tak turns back to the control panel and nods. they fly threw it, and in a Flash of Blue light They are on the other side, and looking down on Earth.

Dib keeps staring at Tak until she says “So, I guess this is good bye then? I'm going to drop you in front of a hospital, as you can understand I can't come in with you.” She turns to him, and says “You’re a good guy Dib, Take care of yourself.” and she Beams him down before he can say anything.

Dr.s comes out to investigate the lights, and notice him on the ground reaching for the tiny twinkling dot as it disappears into the night sky. “Tak. I…..”

A couple of days pass. Dib’s still lying in a hospital bed staring out the window hopping to see something, anything. He hears a nurse knock on the door “Hey Dib you have a visitor.“

Dib sighs “I'm not really in the mood for company.”

Then he hears Tak's voice “To bad.” He looks up with excitement.

“Tak?! You came back for me?” He turns to her, but she doesn't look as excited to see him. The nurse leaves.

She sets down on the side of his bed. Then extends her hand and places it on his cheek. “The Doctor says you’re not eating.”

Dib lowers his head “I'm sorry I just missed you so much.” He looks up at her again with a smile from ear to ear. “I'm glad your back. Will you be staying long?”

Tak sighs “that’s actually why I'm here.” she doesn't have to say another word the look on her face tells the whole story.

Dibs happy smile fades to a terrified frown “No, Not Earth. Please there has to be some other planet?”

She lowers her head in shame. “The tallest want to make this planet a penal-colony, and sense I have the most experience on this planet they sent me to Invade it, but after much pleading I was able to convince them to allow me to take you as a pet.”

Dib starts to panic. “Ok, maybe there’s some way I can stop this. How long do we have.”

Her eyes get misty “I'm sorry Dib.”

Dib looks at her "Why?" then he hears an explosion outside “No, It couldn't have started already could it?” and she hugs him pressing his face into her chest as he begins to sob "Why Tak? Why did you do this? Why, Why?! WHYYYY!?" She turns off the hologram relieving her true Irken form. The human disguise is no longer necessary.

Dib turns his head to the window. Outside he can see the invasion has already begun. Irken ships are landing, and buildings are being destroyed by death rays from orbit. He closes his eyes, and brings his hands up against her back as he turns his face back into her chest again. as much as he hates to admit it to himself She’s the closest thing to a friend he's ever had.

"It's ok Dib, I'll take care of you." She tries to comfort him as she rubs his back, and lays her cheek against the top of his head. “I'm so sorry Dib I tried everything I could.”

The end...
© Copyright 2009 Midyin_slag (midyin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1587092-Invader-Tak