*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612659-Techno-Garbo
Rated: E · Other · Writing · #1612659
Just a bit of sounding off about the lack of technology. Its all done in fun.
We have already seen a man walk on the moon. We have phones we can carry around in our pockets annoying anyone within ear-shot. Forget coffee makers that can brew while we sleep if they are set up just right. Now we can record a movie on tv without even being at home!
Just tap or a click on the old I-Phone and there it will be when we get back home.
This world is truely amazing!
But what I can't quiet figure out is; Why is it that the best reception I can get on my cell phone just happens to be the same place I go to relieve myself? I mean really, who wants to answer the question, "What ya doing?" "Oh Nothing much" while they are crossing their fingers and hoping that the flushing sound doesn't echo too loud over the phone?
And speaking of Television, Why is it that the greatest advertisement for one company happens to show how clear the reception is during a hurricane,
While I can't get nothing but fuzz everytime a tiny raindrop falls?
Now I am sure one wonders why I think I have a right to sound off. To be quiet honest, I don't normaly rock the boat. But here I sit, in my country home, waiting for my internet connection to dial on. I keep hearing about all the new fandangled stuff. But when I call to ask about a faster connection,
I am told that the job is just too tuff.
Wouldn't you know it, We can put a man on the moon. But when a woman wants to make a call, she has to sit on the pot. When she wants to send and email faster than the U.S. Mail, She is given a system that is slower than a snail.
I guess it could be worse. I could be sitting here tapping on a rock instead of my owm personal laptop.
Will we ever be happy? Its something to think about.
© Copyright 2009 Margarita Peak-Clewett (mclewett at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1612659-Techno-Garbo