*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615405-The-Day-Before-Christmas
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Poetry · Holiday · #1615405
The forgotten days of our youth...Christmas Eve!
Ah...December 24th, a day before Christmas. Their Christmas wouldn't be Christmas if they miss this...

Last minute shoppers scrambling about before the stores close, Moms and great Aunts scramble through the grocery stores gathering all their ingredients just hours before this festive day arose.

No Christmas would be complete without a Christmas tree, mom and dad got that for my sister and me.

And don't forget the cookies and milk for good ole' Saint Nick, or he will be very trusty and hungry and he needs that extra kick.

Brothers and sisters waiting, anticipating for morning to arrive, I know I'll be up about quarter to five.

Mom and grandma preparing goodies while they sing and dance with Christmas music playing in the background, what wonderful smells, what wonderful sounds.

Oh, what a glorious day Christmas will be, to laugh and share my stories and toys with thee.

Uncles, Aunts and cousins galore, coming to join my family and me on Christmas day for sure.

The feast is going to be the biggest of feasts of the year, dad was sure not to forget to buy beer.

The fun we'll have playing with our kinfolks all nice and warm in the house, feeling secure and safe as a new-born mouse.
© Copyright 2009 SympleLife (syrendepity at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1615405-The-Day-Before-Christmas