*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633378-HYPER-BOY
by mak2
Rated: E · Draft · Children's · #1633378
a story in understanding ADHD
Hyper boy is any regular boy who wakes up in the morning, go to school and do his homework when he gets home. But he won’t be called hyper boy for nothing. Every morning there is an hour of playing around with food and screaming. When he gets to school there will never be a time that he would stand up from his seat even if he isn’t called by the teacher to recite or worse of it all would be picking a fight with a classmate because he wanted to do things his way when he gets home it would take an hour or two just to get him to change to his house clothes and another hour just to make him have a snack before doing his homework. This is hyper boy’s routine and a dilemma his parents will always get into. 

Until one morning a new teacher entered his class. He looks at the children and then looks at hyper boy who was staring at him with his upturned nose (Snobbish look).  The man smiled and pulled the teacher’s chair and places it in the middle of the room and then sat on it.

“That is not your chair.” Hyper boy said

“I know.” The man replied.

“I borrowed it from your teacher.” He added and smiled at hyper boy.

“Sir, why are you here?” ask one of the little girls wearing pigtails and sitting just beside hyper boy.

“My name is Mr. Albert Rochester. I am your new guidance councilor.” The man introduced himself.

“You can all call me Uncle Al” he said with a smile.

“Did we do something wrong?” asked one of the boys wearing glasses.

“No... but I am here to tell you a good news.” Uncle Al replied.

“ We are going to have a school competition it is called Following my Planner. Does anyone know what a planner is?” he asked

“It is where you write the activities you do in school?” hyper boy answered without being called.

“ Yes, that is one of the use of a planner. Now in this contest all students are require to make a planner where they will write the activities they would follow for the rest of the school year. Can you all do that?” Uncle Al explained.

All the children were excited but hyper boy wasn’t interested at all. He then asked “What would be the prize?”

“Well, those who can follow their planner faithfully will be rewarded with a special gift and be recognized in school as the nicest boy and nicest girl in school.” Uncle Al answered

“That would be fun.” a little girl said

“Are you up to the challenge little one?” Uncle Al asked hyper boy as all of his classmates look at him doubt that he can win the competition.

“What should I write in my planner then?” hyper boy asked

“Hmmm, How about… I will do my homework after finishing my snack or wake up early or clean my room. Remember the activities you write on your planner will not only focus here in school but also at home as well.” Uncle Al answered

Hyper boy started to think and thought of what the guidance councilor has said then he smiled and said “I will be the nicest boy in school!”

“Very good, now everyone let us start I will give each one of you a planner and write everything you will do in it that you will promise to do the whole year.” Uncle Al said

Before the day ends, hyper boy wrote the things he will do to make him the nicest boy in school and that same day he started changing his attitude. He became friendlier to his classmates follow everything his parents would tell him to do. Do his homework after eating his snacks and even clean his room and organize his things.

By the end of the school year at a special recognition program, hyper boy achieved his goal he was awarded as the nicest, friendliest and helpful boy in school and made the contest his life planner in school and at home. He is no more the hyper boy who bullies everyone but the smart and sweet boy in school.

Moral Lesson: Everyone has a piece of naughtiness in them it is just up to the people surrounding them to help them realize and divert those things to a more fruitful use. Everyone thinks that when a child has ADHD they are difficult to take care of but there is a way to take care of them without any medication. It’s more of having a compassion, understanding and patience to take care of a child in such condition.

Giving them a diversion that will help them grow and learn more can be the best way to make them realize their worth and that they are important. Ignoring their needs would just make them more restless and stubborn.

“Communication is the key to everything!”
© Copyright 2010 mak2 (iank2 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1633378-HYPER-BOY