*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641197-the-woman
by kwud
Rated: E · Other · Drama · #1641197
a story in response to the writing prompt....Like a hawk seizing prey . . .
The Woman
She sits upon the bench on a warm spring day; a cool breeze blew by, shuffling her long blonde flowing hair. Taking her hand she brushes her hair out of her face, she has green, piercing eyes, and also wears a pair of glasses, whether prescription, or fake, not even she knew. She had a slight figure, not anorexic, or skinny, but not large either. She is wearing a white shirt with a black skirt that reaches her knees.

Starring off into nothing, or maybe the scenery, she seems like an innocent school girl waiting for a friend. She isn’t waiting for a friend, she is studying, but she also doesn’t go to school. In the park there is one thing she studies. Men. Always erratic in their ways, they never cease to amaze her; she waits for the one she wants. He hasn’t shown up as of yet, but she’s still young, and because of an inheritance she could afford to hang out on a bench and wait.

She takes her notebook from the seat beside her, jots some notes down about some young boys fighting in the field. Then she takes a look around her, looking for anything else. Nothing was going on today, just like most other days. She was getting tired, rarely adding to her notes, never seeing the one she wants. She picks her notebook up and starts walking away. The only thing out of place was that she didn’t wear a purse. She thought it made her a more likely target for aggressive men, the kind that steal and try and take advantage of her. It was also totally inconveniencing, she couldn’t find things in it, so she kept her things in her pocket.

Taking her leave, she began to walk down the bland grey cement of the walkway, so devoid of emotion, art and any creativity it made her wonder why it was in a park, and then she remembered, to the city, it was cheep. She could fix that though, her seemingly endless bank account bringing happiness. As she walked she looked into the dark greenery of the forest, seeing a figure moving through it she took a chance and wandered into the forest.\

The figure continued moving away from her. And she pursued, Like a hawk seizing prey . . . . Finally she caught it, or him. He had a large frame, squared shoulders and a kind face, not to mention fairly sized muscles. they went down roughly, falling into a pile of leaves. She gets up and apologizes, running away quickly; she had watched from afar so long she wished to avoid confrontation. She ran and the man sat dumbfounded. As he moved to get up his knee crunches on something. A notebook.

466 words
35 lines
© Copyright 2010 kwud (kwud at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1641197-the-woman