*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655899-FFXI-Path-of-the-Dark-Knight-Part-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by garet
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Fanfiction · #1655899
Garet heads back to Jeuno to raise an army for the upcoming war.
++++++DO NOT REVIEW! STORY IS NOT FINISHED!!!+++++++++
It was a very long journey back to Jeuno by foot. The extra weight on my shoulder only slowed me down, but I could not put full blame on the nearly dead girl because I haven't eaten or drank in almost eighteen hours
Time flys by when you are in dark ruins fighting sick curs who kidnap what looks to be a seven year old hume just to preform a dark right, -which from what I learned from the dying breath of the sick bastard who orchestrated the whole idea- To summon Bahamut, the lord of the sky's.
{Well, well, well. All of the sudden you almost sound found of that flying lizard.}
And as always my dark passenger is here to keep me company. That is if you want to label a evil spirit who takes hold of people granting the dark power in return that one day he will own your body and rule the world through you, company.
{That wasn't very nice you know.}
"Do you honestly think I care at this point?" If anyone was around they would witness this and surely say that I am more crazed then a Chocobo who has been keep in the stable's his whole life, never to see the light of the sun.
{Putting aside how you feel about me we have more pressing matters at the time.}
"Like what?"
{To begin with our...} I cut him off here and let known that there is no our, only I. My journey, my life. {Fine, but still how do you think the official's in Jeuno will treat your return? By far not with joy, seeing that the last time "You" were here, "You" killed the Bastoken ambassador, and two guards. I hardly think you're to have any type of welcoming comity, except armed guards throwing "Your" ass out of the city... If you're lucky that is}
What he spoke was true, I couldn't just walk into Jeuno and expect an audience with the king, nor give the girl over to Mortibux so he would be able to heal her. "Do you have any advice then?" I ask.
{I do.}
The advice that was given was in truth the best way to go about entering the city. As I approached the city I decided to follow the plan and no longer enter through the grand gate, instead I walk further to the ocean and found a man in a boat. After purchasing not only the boat but also a hooded robe I set out to the pier of Jeuno.
Now Jeuno is the largest city in all of Van i' deil, it's majesty raise into the sky as Leviathan does. Yet, do not let it's beauty make a foul of you, it is corrupt unto it's core. It's ruler may be just, but turns a blind eye to his official's dirty deeds.
Jeuno stands at twenty-three stories tall. The first two layers are for the port, and it's poverty housing. Here you will find hard workers who spend their days ether loading the outgoing ships, unloading the incoming ones, or selling a verity of goods in makeshift stands on it's roads.
The next nine are Lower Jeuno. It is for the people who have a more high standing job or owns their store. Here you can find almost anything you want, weapons, magic, potions, armor, food, or even a Chocobo. If you can not find what you are looking for here then there is always the marketplace where adventures from all over the land come to sell their goods in hope of a quick gil.
the next eleven floors is for the kind of people who never broke a sweat in their lives, the ones who never have to worry about where their next lump of gil will come from, the ones who can spend all day at home with their family but never does because these men always have something sweeter then their wife waiting for them on the side lines. Also you can finds tons of crap selling for triple for what it would be worth anywhere else, you would be a utter foul to shop here.
And finally we come to the Re'lude Gardens, or for those that don't understand what that means, the kingdom. This is where almost all the imperial guards of the army stands guard as their king lives out his life in a very flamboyant castle, which in truth makes me sick every time I see it.
{Are you through yet? hearing you rant on, and on, about this city is making me want to die.}
"Don't tell me such things," I said aloud. "Because you're only building my hope up, and making me want to describe ever last crack in this city."
{Very funny, now shut up.} I was tempted to punch myself in the face, yet that wouldn't make him shut up, only laugh, and give me a new reason to have a headache."
{Do it!}
I looked back once more to look at the girl under the blanket, she was still bleeding slowly and the blanket that was once brown was starting to take a shade of pink.
Before we docked I double checked my costume to make sure no one would be able to reconize me, and to also hide my sycthe inside the boat. I wouldn't be able to bring it with me in the city for not only does not many souls carry one, but since I forged mine myself out of three different metals, it is very easy to spot.
I still have a bit of an ego from time to time, mainly thanks to my scythe. It's beauty is remakable, how the light shines of the metals in the blade and lets you see three different shades is amazing. The sharpiest part of the blade I forged using crystal ore, as it is known, giving it a simi translucint apperance. The sencond was from a strange ore I do not have a name for that I found in the Gusgen Mines near the Craig of Dim. The third and final is for streangh, and remembering the past, I was able to get my breastplate back that I was wearing the die I truely died. I took it and melted it down to form the top of the blade, it is blackend from the heat of the flame I used to melt it with and then also from the shadow lord himself.
So as I stepped off the ship I knew where to go first. Port Jeuno's black market. It was on the way to Mortabix's hospital and I needed some form of protectsion if worse, came to worse.
I found a sterdy dagger on sell, it was made from copper, not the best dagger but I couldn't see the point of spending more Gil on something I was bound to probaly only use once.
I was very much paraniod as I made my way down the streets seeing all the guards that was about. {Your scared, I can taste it.} I didn't bother replying to my foe seeing that it would only draw uneeded eyes onto myself. So to better make my way about the city with out fear that one of the guards would reconize me, I went to the mog house walkway.
Before I go further, a Mog House it what we adventures use to live in, every major city or town has them set up. It has powerful magic that enables you to transport back to your home wherever it may be, yet that is not why I'm here, before I entered the walkway leading to the portal I quickly snuck a left turn while no one was watching. I helped a little girl once gather food for her house once, and in return she taught me a secret back way through the waterworks of jeuno that would take me anywhere quickly.
The waterworks are an amazing site to say atleast. Since Jeuno is such a huge city, it needs much water to keep it's resadents, and delegets happy. Since I entered close to the bottem there was only two more floors underneath me, the second led to the equipment room that had everything that was needed to maintian such a large contraption. The first though was flooded about two feet onto the walk way seeing that it held an open channle out to the great sea.
Above me was gears, wenchs, wheels, and much more that was always moving, I took steps forward and jumped into a water trof that was headed upwards, I held the girl laying across my arms, the blanket was soaked so I had to remove it, sadly this will complecate getting her into the good doctors office that much more difficult.
© Copyright 2010 garet (garet at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1655899-FFXI-Path-of-the-Dark-Knight-Part-2