*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661715-Clique
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Thriller/Suspense · #1661715
Five students. Five different stereotypes. All united by a single thing. Greed and Money.
Wind. So silent as it moves, yet you can feel it on your skin. But underneath its surface, hides a very powerful secret. There is something about the wind that draws people. It hides their voices when they scream. It muffles their footprints, when they run. For that exact means is why they chose wind as their name. They cannot be caught, they refuse to be known. Five members, all from different backgrounds, but united by once simple thing, money. What they needed it for was unknown, but each had their own reasons, not one telling the others, but each still having the connection of a family.

Huff, Huff, Huff. Feet trampled across the floor, one after another. The two were going to be trapped. Elsewhere, fingers were tapping on a keyboard, desperate to find a solution, an escape, something to save the two that were running now. Another was distracting guards, keeping them from their duties, hoping that everything goes according to plan. A final one was waiting, his foot ready to hit the pedal. Words filled the minds of each of the five, as one began to speak. "Ein, Lizzy, there is an air shaft coming up on your left. Take it and it will get you out of there." Both of the runners nodded their heads, ready to get out of the building. Finding the shaft was no easy task, the grate hidden by an exibhit. A voice broke in again, that of a female this time. "Matt, are you sure? I don't see it." Fingers tapped away quickly once again. A light push of a button revealed exactly where it was. "Ein, three meters to your left, behind the vase." A young boy smirked lightly, as his foot kicked at the wall. The grate popped open, but the sound alerted the attention of the ones near them. The guards turned and ran, screaming for the two to freeze. The young male stood there, looking between the guards and the girl. "Go." The girl looked at him confusedly. She wasn't sure what he was doing. "But Ein, what are you doing? Come on." The young male shook his head. "Nik failed at his job. The guards took notice of us. Now Go. I'll take the wrap for it, just get out of here." A tear drop fell slowly down the girl's cheek. But instead of arguing, she simply nodded her head and slid into the grate, as she watched her friend get arrested.


SEVEN MONTHS EARLIER

"Matt, wake the hell up! We have class to attend, now." Ein looked around lightly, desperately looking for something to throw. Matt on the other hand rolled over gently and stayed in the bed. Eyes lit up as Ein found exactly what it was he was searching for. Picking up a simple brush, Ein threw it. Matt on the other hand seemed to be expecting it. Quickly a hand shot up and grabbed the brush, and with it a laugh raised. "Your slipping in your aim Ein. Did you expect that to hit me?" A light smile cast over Ein's lips, as a satisfying smack was sounded. "Always watch for the shadow." Matt rubbed his head lightly, and looked down at what had made contact with his forehead. It was a simple battery. "Clever. Where's Nik?" Ein sighed lightly, he knew Matt wouldn't have a clue where their roomate was, it was for the simple reason that he had overslept. "He's already up and gone." Matt finally chose to get out of bed, and moved to the closet. There was three sections to it, one for each of the three boys that shared the room. Running his hand lightly over the wooden panel that framed the closet, Matt's eyes closed lightly. Another satisfying smack ran against Matt's head. Ein had thrown another battery at Matt, and it connected. "Wake the hell up. Class now." Matt groaned lightly. "Can't' we skip? Or at least come up with something to get us out of the class?" Ein thought lightly, and then sighed. "Fine. But you owe Nik one." Ein quietly pulled out his cellphone and dialed a number.

A boy clad in black looked down at the phone that was lightly vibrating against his chest. Grabbing it and placing it against his ear, he answered. "Hello?" Ein smiled lightly, he was glad their roomate answered. "Nik. Sleeping ugly, her royal prince wants an excuse to show up to class late." Nik thought lightly before he reached into his pocket and pulled out a simple deck of cards, or at least they appeared that way on the outside. "One fire drill, coming up." Both men closed their phones, and smiled lightly. "Like I said, you owe Nik one. Get slightly dressed, and everything will be fine." Although he was fully dressed, Ein pulled off the shirt he was wearing, his white tanktop laying underneath. Nik looked through his deck of cards and smiled. Pulling out a single card that appeared to be made of flames, Nik flicked it towards the main building. It started as a small spark, and soon it burst into flames. A satisfying smile came over the lips of Nik, as well as Ein and Matt. Matt had managed to slip into a pair of jeans before the alarm had started. Students came rushing out of buildings, wondering what it was that was causing the alarm to sound. Some screams were sounded, girls and even guys frantic about the fire that was the main building. Nik stood to the side, pretending to be upset about the flames as much as the rest of the students. Matt and Ein were soon at his side, a smile plastered over both of their faces as well. Ein placed a hand on Nik's shoulder. "Nice affect? How long until it wears off?" Nik smirked lightly. "Not sure. Used the eight of flames." Sirens could be heard of fire departments hurrying to try and put of the fire. Matt wanted to jump for joy, but held in his excitement. "You're a great illusionist, Nik. I don't see why you stay here with it, instead of taking it on the road." Nik smirked lightly again. "And leave the two of you here to defend on your own? Not happening."

Ein smirked lightly once again. It seemed that the fire had finally ran its course, the main building appearing virtually untouched. There was no indicator of how the fire had started, and no indication that it had stopped or done any damange. A single man, the dean, had stepped up with a megaphone in hand. "Classes will resume in twenty. Be in class when it resumes or else." With his words, students began moving around, everyone getting ready for their classes. Nik, Ein and Matt, however, moved back to their room, all not wanting to deal with the day. Each one sank into a chair, each one just wishing classes would cancel themselves for the day. Ein sat up lightly, looking at the other two. "Isn't today the day the Canary Diamond goes on display at the Museum?" Matt and Nik both thought for a moment, before nodding. Suddenly, the tapping of fingers on a keyboard could be heard. Matt was tapping away at the small laptop that was resting on his lap now. Matt's eyes stared at the screen for a few moments before looking up again. "The layout seems pretty basic. Three levels, each holding a minimum of seven exhibits, with the diamond on the second floor main room. The night security is unknown to me right now. I say a little recon is necessary." Ein smiled lightly. "It would be, but we still have to go to class remember?" Nik leaned back in his seat lightly. "I could always use the three of clones to show that we are there." Ein and Matt both shook their heads. "Not good." Matt spoke lightly before looking up and giving his attention to Nik. "Unfortunately for us, they aren't solid. If someone were to touch them they would dissappear, causing panic." Ein spoke out as well. "And panic is something we need to avoid right now. One panic per day." Matt looked back to his screen, tapping away at the keys. Nik sat with his mouth closed, eyes closing lightly.

A thought suddenly hit Ein. There was a way that they could do recon, without even having to go to the museum. Instantly his phone was pressed against his ear. A woman picked the phone up and gazed lightly at the id before answering. "Yes, young master Ein?" Ein smiled, glad that his personal maid answered. "Amy. We need you to do us a favor. And please stop calling me young master." Amy smiled lightly. "Whatever you say, Ein. What is the favor you need?" Ein picked up a pair of sunglasses and slipped them over his eyes. "Go to the museum and check the layout and security out. Also, turn on your earings and necklace." Amy reached up to her ears and twisted each one lightly. The white bulbs changed to black, and her necklace changed to black as well. "They are active sir. Any other instructions?" Ein thought for a moment about what he needed. "My laundry needs to be done as well." Amy shook her head lightly and laughed. "Of course sir."

Closing the phone, Ein looked at his companions. "Put your glasses on. Amy is going to do recon for us." With his words, Ein slipped the sunglasses on over his eyes. Matt and Nik soon followed suit, and all three of them lightly pressed against the edge of the glasses. Suddenly the inside of the lenses flickered, and soon the interior of a mansion could be seen. It ws moving fast and the clicking of heels could be heard. Amy was preparing to leave for the recon mission, and the glasses would show the boys everything that she saw and heard.
© Copyright 2010 Que Sera Sera (windpheonix at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1661715-Clique