*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677803-Loves-Transmutation
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1677803
A story about the changing nature of love.
Futuristic Sci-fi setting.

The wife of a scientist is killed in a tragic accident.

Unable to live without her, he begins to recreate her through advanced cloning technology.

The technology is able to recreate her very being, but from the very earliest stages of her human development, i.e. as an infant baby.

He begins to care for her while attempting to find a way to accelerate her rate of growth and import the memories of his dead wife into the clone.

However, as he's caring for her, he begins to start developing entirely new feelings for her; while it's still a clone, and doesn't possess the memories/experiences of the woman that he had once loved, he still sees the two of them as being the fundamentally same person. But where he once had the feelings of a lover, and a husband, for his former wife, in caring for her as an infant baby, he now possesses the feelings of a parent, the feelings of a father.

The love he felt for her remains, and didn't go away for a second, but it has transmuted into a completely different kind of love; a more powerful, stronger kind. But in its transmutation, its almost as if the love he once felt has now died. And in that idea lies a tragic story of the transmutation of love.
© Copyright 2010 Xiraben (apollocloud at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1677803-Loves-Transmutation