*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687591-Red-and-Orange
Rated: E · Poetry · Experience · #1687591
This is a poem I wrote a while ago that I would love to share with you.
Red and Orange

With a swift strike I spark into life, struggling to grow into a roaring monster, consuming everything in its sight.
I snap, crackle, and pop as I’m fed dry, brittle boughs of branches.
Soon my tongue is tantalized by soft, gooey marshmallows dangling dangerously above my mouth.
Just as I’m about to delightfully incinerate the sweet, tasty, morsel, the golden puff is swiftly removed from my scorching tongue.
People are memorized as they watch me dancing dressed in blazing scarlet, orange and ochre flames.
I lunge towards the sky and explode into a thousand fire flies floating to the ground. I sizzle and sputter, fighting the water as it is generously poured over my head.
I shrivel into glowing embers.
Charred fragments are all that’s left to remind others of my life.
I am a bonfire.
© Copyright 2010 Living In My Own World (katesworld at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687591-Red-and-Orange