*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694560-Together-Forever
by Mattie
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1694560
I wrote this for a person on another website. The subject was love and a tiny issue so ya.
            The man’s hand brushed her cold cheek as the snow fell through the night air like diamonds. His icy blue eyes stood out against his pale skin the color of snow. Who was he? She really wanted to step away from him but something held her feet in place as he looked into her green eyes. Cold air blew across the small bridge and into her face forcing her to close her eyes. When she finally opened them again he was gone. Quickly, she looked around the small stone bridge in search of him but he was gone. She even peered over the edge into the freezing water. Where had he gone?

         

            She sighed and began to walk away back towards her cabin in the woods but a small noise made her stop. It was like a breath of wind in her ear. It whispered something that she couldn’t understand. She turned around but no one was there. She turned again and quickly got back to her log cabin and got inside into the warmth. She tore off her white coat and her green wool scarf hanging them on the coat hanger next to the door. Then, after kicking off her walking boots, she walked into her bedroom and took her red curls out of the messy ponytail she had put it up in that morning.

         

      As she got ready to go to bed she thought about the man she had seen. Tall, black short hair that was slightly spiked, and that pale skin. She shivered as she remembered his touch. Cold and yet warm at the same time. She shook her self making the memories disperse for the time being. She got into the grey covers of her bed and wrapped them tightly around her. Maybe she had only imagined the man or what if he had truly been there? She closed her eyes and snuggled her brown teddy bear close to her heart. Just like her parents would have done to her if they had still been alive.

         

        She woke up the next morning to the bright sun leering down at her from outside the window. She stretched out her arms and legs listening to the pops and cracks they emitted from the strain. She sat up and rubbed her blurry eyes. Today was Saturday which meant no school but means work day. Since she was 16 and alone she needed to work to survive. The only problem was that the place she worked at was local supermarket sorting the clothing. Don’t sound as bad as it actually is.

         

            With a groan she got up and took her shower and ate breakfast. She shoveled the driveway as best she could with all the ice that was under the snow, it made it difficult to stay standing.  Then she left for work. Normally she might have used a car but it was easier to walk in the snow. The police had let her have the car her parents use to drive but she didn’t trust herself on icy roads yet.          

         

              As she crossed the bridge she had been on last night she felt a chilly breeze rustle her hair and make her shiver. She went across the rest of the bridge as fast as she could without slipping and falling on her butt. She sighed when she reached the other side and slowed her pace. The superstore was already in sight and she didn’t want to get there right away seeing as her boss was not the nicest kitten in the box.

         

              She left the store around 11pm and locked the door behind her. Now for the fairly short journey home. She walked towards the bridge and watched for cars before crossing to it. Something was different though. It was darker and colder than the other night or this morning. It was so dark that she could barely see her boots as she walked. A gust of wind blew across the bridge making her lose her balance for a second but that was all it took. She went over the edge of the bridge and hit the icy cold water hard. She sank slowly deeper and deeper into the coldness and as she did her air supply disintegrated. She opened her mouth only to take in mouth full’s of water into her lungs. ‘Nobody can save me because nobody knows I’m here.’ She thought to herself. Blackness seeped into her sight and she passed out just before someone dove into the water to save her. The person quickly came down and wrapped their muscular arms around her and swam up. They broke the surface and went to shore. Then, they ran to her house with her in their arms.

         

                  When she did open her eyes, it was daylight and the room was a little chilly even though the windows were all shut tight. She turned her head and saw that man sitting in a chair next to her fast asleep. She stared at his flawless face and noticed that his hair was wet along with his clothing.  Had he dived into the water to save her? She sat up and leaned over towards him. She leaned close to his face but she never should have. She fell out of the bed and landed on her butt on the wood flooring of her house. The man’s eyes flew open and quickly looked around and then saw her on the floor. He starred for a second then burst into laughter. She smiled and couldn’t help herself as she laughed too. After a moment they calmed down and she stood up. “Did you save me last night at the river?”

         

            He nodded “Of course I did! I couldn’t just let you sit down there.” He stood up in front of her and looked in her eyes. She found herself starring back. They kept their eyes on each other but she was the first one to move. She leaned forward slowly and pressed her lips against his. He didn’t pull away but instead wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer to him. She put her hands in his dark hair and found it was soft even though it was soaking wet. She pulled away dropping her arms so that they wove around the back of his neck. He pulled her into a tight embrace and she closed her eyes.

         

              “This is the first time someone has ever cared for me.”

         

                He pulled back looking confused, “What about your parents?”

         

                She pulled him back into the hug, “They're dead.” He didn’t reply to that but hugged her tightly. She felt tears brimming in her eyes and tried to hold them back but they trickled down her cheeks rebelliously. He pulled back again and looked at her tears but he kissed them away before they could drop off her chin.

         

                  “I’m sorry.” She shook her head but he still kept on, “I am going to protect to and care for you because I am in love with you. I won’t leave for side for anything.” He leaned in and kissed her gently on the lips. She smiled and touched his cheek. He pulled her in at ‘Hello’ even though she never knew him before. He put his hand over hers and whispered, “If you don’t mind, I’d like to be together with you forever.”

© Copyright 2010 Mattie (mattiemilliron at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694560-Together-Forever