*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694748-A-Night-by-the-Sea
Rated: E · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1694748
A night by the sea could be a night to remember. Is it a wolf or a man you tell me.
It is midnight; I’m alone walking along the beach. The moonlight shines down, guiding my way along the waters edge. Waves lapping at my feet, the sounds of water are soothing to my head. I stop to look around enjoy the tranquility of the moment. There is a small wooded area just off shore; the trees are full of leaves and gently swaying in the breeze. I sit to study that spot, something calls to me. I’ve been here before, but never have I felt this longing to be in those trees. Watching, waiting, wondering what could draw me to those woods so desperately. I know better than to go there alone in the dark.

Two violet eyes stare at me. Curiosity gets the best of me I head for the eyes. Most people would feel threatened, but not me. I can’t explain it, this sense of love that I got from that gaze. The closer I get the more I see. Close your eyes and see what I see.

Long silky black fur, four legs with silver paws, and an enormous dog head belong to those violet eyes. It slowly comes toward me. I still feel no fear. His pointy ears have silver tips. It looks evil, but beautiful at the same time. What is it? I stop, he stops standing on his two back legs. Seven feet tall bigger than a full-grown man. What have I gotten myself into? Enormous paws reach for the sky, showing he means no harm, I hope.

“Come to me,” I say.

It goes back on all fours and comes towards me. I take a step back wanting to get him on the beach. Its beauty is amazing I want to touch it. He follows me stopping at the waters edge. He’s five feet away staring at me. I take a step closer, my hands reaching for him. Suddenly he leaps into the water.

I wait for him to resurface, but a man emerges instead. He’s tall, tan and very muscular. He has a few small scars along his chest and arms. His eyes are the small violet color as the creatures. Are they the same?

“Swim with me.” His voice is deep and husky.

“Who are you?” I am in the water going straight to him.

“I am your destiny, and you are mine, my love. I have waited in this place for you to find me.” His big strong arms wrap around me.

“I don’t understand, but this feels so right.” I place my head on his broad chest listening to his steady heartbeat.

We stay in the shallow holding each other for what felt like hours. We lay next to one another on the sand. He keeps his arms around me to block the cool breeze.

“Will you come back tomorrow?” Says a low whisper in my ear.

“Always.” I drift into sleep, the night’s events replaying in my mind.

The next morning I awake and no one is around me. Was it a dream? It felt so real. Did it really happen? Do I go again? I ask my self these questions knowing the answer to them all. Of course, I will return, he is my destiny and I am his.
© Copyright 2010 love2write (image4writers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694748-A-Night-by-the-Sea