*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696547-Dog-Gone-Wild
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #1696547
A tiny dog found his mommy's soul mate after interupting a baseball game.
                                          Dog Gone Wild



    The day was warm and pleasant, one of those days that made people want to make their way outside and enjoy the beautiful weather while it lasted. Melissa was able to leave work early for a change and couldn’t wait to get home to see her toy white Chihuahua with brown ears and brown spots on her tail. Once she arrived home she walked into the house and allowed her dog, Layla, to give her plenty of doggy kisses. Once Layla was assured of her love again she was set down and both owner and dog ate their dinner quickly and left the house for the local park. Layla had been well trained by her owner to stay with her mommy at all times. However, Layla seemed to forget that training this day or chose to ignore it. Melissa was not aware or would even dream that her lovely and well behaved dog was shortly going to embarrass her in front of a large crowd.

    Melissa arrived at the park and noticed a baseball game in progress; loving the game, she took Layla in her arms and sat on the seats available for the onlookers. Soon she was involved in the game and talking with the young couple next to her. And then, all of a sudden, out of the blue, Layla saw the baseball in the field and jumped down from her mommy’s arms and ran out in the field and into the game to chase the ball. Melissa yelled for her to stop and come back, however, Layla wanted to play with the ball that was rolling across the field. The men playing the game noticed the little toy Chihuahua running on the field and stopped playing so they wouldn’t hurt the tiny dog. Layla thought her mommy was chasing her to play and ran around her mommy playing a game of keep away. The men playing the game soon joined in the chase when the small dog ignored her owner.

    Layla kept on running around, bouncing here and there while the men tried to help catch her. Melissa's well behaved dog became more excited and happy with all the attention. The crowd was roaring with laughter as the big men fell, one after the other, chasing the fast, little dog. Melissa was flushed with embarrassment as she chased her tiny dog and at the same time explaining to the players that her dog was usually well trained and well behaved. The baseball field soon became a comedy act of many people chasing a tiny dog that thought they were playing with her.

    And then a tall blond haired man with blue eyes finally and gently caught the little dog and then handed the tiny white dog with sparse brown spots on her ears and tail over to her mother as he smiled at the beautiful woman. Melissa was still flushed with embarrassment that her toy dog disrupted the game and apologized again for her dog disturbing their baseball game. The man smiled as he explained that the dogs interruption was the highlight of their game and that her pretty dog could disrupt the game again next week when they played the best team in town. The tall blond man chuckled with Melissa and gazed hopefully at the beautiful woman praying he had put her at ease with his kind words about her cute dog and the disruption Layla had caused.
The man asked the beautiful lady what her dog's name was and the name of the lovely lady holding the sweet little dog. Melissa answered his inquiry with as much grace as she could muster after all the commotion her dog caused. Melissa liked his smile and charming personality and realized he was trying to put her at ease over her dog going wild during his game and that made her like him more.

    Surprising Melissa the tall blond man asked if she would stay until the game was over; he explained he would like to get to know her and her cute dog better, now that he had saved Layla's life. He of course made sure to mention that Melissa keep a strong arm around her dog so they could finish the game without concern for her dog. Melissa agreed as her face flushed with embarrassment all over again and relaxed at his grin. Still slightly uncomfortable Melissa walked back to the stands scolding her baby. As Melissa sat down she noted the crowd clapped their hands in approval that the dog was saved from injury. Layla realized she had done wrong and sat on her mommy’s lap for the rest of the game allowing the people around her mommy to pet and praise her for not getting hurt by her wild run for a ball during the game. Once the game progressed to its finish the tall blond man found them by their seats and smiled, for he knew he had met his fate. After the game Melissa and the tall blond man ended up enjoying the rest of the evening together with Layla at the park, both adults walked and talked while playing with Layla. That day led to other days and two individuals who eventually fell in love due to a dog that had gone wild on a baseball field.

    And that’s how a dog gone wild managed to find her mommy’s soul mate. The wedding is next year and Layla will have a new brother named P.J., whom she already has spent as much time with as possible and showed him who is the leader of their pact. P.J. is a four legged dog that weights about eight pounds more than she does and runs from Layla's strong personality when she is riled. Layla struts around and acts as if she knew that the tall blond man was their fate, and who knows, perhaps she did. Layla loves the tall blond man as much as her mommy does and Layla will wear a white dress and P.J. will where a black tux for the wedding. Photos will be on Face book shortly after the wedding.

BLY


© Copyright 2010 LaVerne (bert47 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696547-Dog-Gone-Wild