*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703305-Every-Meaning-Chapter-One
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1703305
Chapter One following to Every Meaning:Prologue.
“Father, why can’t you stop daggering about me not liking the guys you choose for me? If mother was still alive she would oppose to this. But, you know father you don’t understand.” I shouted at him.
He was face was blank. Damien walked in, he told me to be quiet and for father to follow him. Damien is my brother, but not by blood. He’s adopted, mother wanted a son. But he counts as a brother from being with me through 2 years of my life. I’m some rare miracle baby where I live. My mom was envied by every woman. But it was slightly more of my father’s fault. You see my dad is a vampire and my mom’s a demon which basically looks human and does everything a human does except live longer and works for Satan. Yes Lucifer the Devil himself. Sadly that job can be dangerous and risky, which was mostly the reason my father told me to stay far away from Lucifer, for he can play with a woman as easy as a yo-yo, wind, unwind, and wind them back up again. Yes, that’s what he did to my mom. He used her. Though Lucifer is about billions of years old he doesn’t look a day over 25. I honestly want to meet the hot shot for myself and see why everyone talks about him besides the fact that he rules my father though my father is a ruler himself. Funny stuff… But seriously I want to see why everyone insults/compliments the dude.
“’Tasha,” brother dearest came in my room door shortly after knocking and me ignoring it. “Dad wants you.”
“Okay.” I said getting up and following Damien.
“What did dad do this time?”
“Well I hate the fact that dad wants me to get married. I’m not ready to marry, especially with the vampires nowadays. Most of them are low lived jerks who watch porn late at night.” I said.
“Yeah and the women wear trampy cloths that cover half their butt. If only you weren’t my sister and the fact that I know everything about you.” I gave Damien a look.
“Umm… Damien you do know it’s very immoral and rude to our family traditions.”
“Also the fact that you’re uptight and act your actual age not your body age…” He said speeding up his sentence dragging on.
“Damien what are you trying to say.” I grabbed his arm.
“What I’m trying to say is loosen up and your grip on my arm you about to break it.”
“Whatever dimwit,” I said getting to my father’s library sitting at his desk. “Father you wanted me?”
“Natasha, I totally understand if you don’t want to marry yet. It’s just that sooner or later you have to be queen. Before you go on about how you don’t want to be queen and to talk to Damien. You have to it’s a tradition and I’m not ending it. Understood? It’s kind of like a deal. You don’t have to get married but you have to be queen. You grasp what I’m saying here?” He said speaking in a stern voice.
“Yes, father. May I go hunting accompanied by Damien?”
“Yeah be back by dinner we’re having Dragon Blood Soup and a special desert.” He smiled. “Make sure you don’t ruin your appetite it’s made how mother used to make them.” He continued looking down I could tell by his eyes that he really misses mom.
I smiled softly knowing that his love is eternal. I called Damien telling him that we are going hunting.
“You know if I knew it would only be me and you, I wouldn’t have come.” I heard Damien lie.
“You know if you knew how much of a terrible liar you are you wouldn’t be lying.”
He rolled his eyes. “Great we are at the bar and eat in.” He said shoving his hands in his pockets I walked in with him following. As usual I would sit at the bar and order a drink and talk to a guy but no today I sat alone. I was approached to by a guy with dorky glasses pale skin covered tattoos and a few piercings on his face with pale skin ant black hair.
“Want a drink?” He asked taking a seat next to me.
“Sure.” I said. I glanced at Damien flirting with a girl at a table. I laughed a little at the girl’s expression. It’s like she’s staring at a god. I turned to the guy next to me. He seemed so sweet buying me a drink. I smiled.
“So new to this side of town,” he asked.
“I came here at least twice.” I answered.
“Cool. So where are you from?”
“New York City.” I answered and continued, “My turn.”
He laughed you even heard his Tennessee accent in his laugh which I found lovely. “Shoot.”
“What’s your name?”
“Alec Reed but people call me Reed you,” he returned the question.
“Well my name is Natasha Abendroth.” I smiled. “I don’t have a cool last name to show off. But you can call me Nate.” I felt eyes burning into my back. I turned around to see Damien glaring at me.
“Are you okay?” I turned back around to Alec.
“Yeah, I’m fine, just my brother burning holes into my back.” Alec’s eyes looked past me to my brother.
“It’s okay, I won’t bite.” He chuckled causing me to smile.
“But I do.” His eyes went wide and laughed.
“Oh really,” He asked.
“Yeah,” if only he knew how serious I was. He bent over in his seat to whisper in my ear.
“Want to go take a walk?”
I smiled. “Sure. But I have to tell my brother.” I said and walked to my brother.
“Going to eat?” He asked smirking. I laughed.
“No but I am going to take a walk. Call me when you are ready. Remember what dad said.”
“Yeah I know; and be careful.” He said giving me a stern look.
“Watch yourself I’m still older.” I said walking back to Alec. He smiled and we walked out.
An hour has passed and Damien still didn’t call for me. I started to get worried and I had to remember the dude is 120 years old. But dad wanted us home soon so I had to break it off.
“Reed, I have to go it’s getting late.” I said. He hugged me before walking me back to the bar where I saw Damien making out with a girl out in the back getting ready to go somewhere else in the woods to take it further. I cleared my throat.
I saw him roll his eyes as he turned around. “Yes? Oh hey sis. Other dude,” Alec just waved a little.
“Father wants us now.” I said, flashing a message in the air with my cellphone. He steadied the girl and kissed her cheek whispering a ‘bye’.
She bit her lip and said bye. I could smell that she was a slut from here. I rolled my eyes. Reed was still next to me. I turned to him and hugged him.
“I had a really good night.” I said. “I think you are sweet and nice.”
“I had a great night too. Can I have your cellphone number?” I chewed on my lip and glanced at Damien. He sure was pissed. Alec and I exchanged numbers and parted our ways. I received a phone call and I answered without looking.
“Hello?” I answered.
“Just checking if it was real,” I laughed.
“Well now you know.” I said.
“I’m going to let you get home now.” He said.
“Ok. Bye.” I hung up. I smiled and jumped on Damien’s back.
“Tasha.” Damien sighed.
“Damien I understand you’re pissed. But I’m not the one making out with a girl I just met.”
“It’s called luring the bait.”
“What did you think I was doing?” I asked in frustration.
“Going on a date with Mr. People-Call-Me-Reed,” he flared his arms.
“Damien it’s been 100 years since I last been on a date with someone I actually liked. But he died so you know it felt good to go on an actual date that father didn’t set up.
“Tasha it has to be a human?”
“Damien it’s been one hundred and twenty years. I’ve been alive for one hundred and twenty years and I only look twenty-one. I have very little to live for. It’s not like I have a special someone to give me a kiss when I come home. No I don’t. So please let me live my life.” I said and the rest of the way home was silent.
© Copyright 2010 Underaged Writer (underaged at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703305-Every-Meaning-Chapter-One