*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704672-Shifters
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Fantasy · #1704672
James and Peter aren't you usual teenagers.
James stood in the bushes, letting the warm breeze flow through his fur as he dug his sharp long claws in the rain soaked soil. He could feel his brother wasn't far behind. That was one of the perks of being a shifter, you can feel others that share your same bloodline. Peter whisked pass, James followed in great stride as well. The brothers zipped around trees, trampled over bushes, and splashed rain formed puddles all over the wilderness. They ran in a zigzags, which they performed quiet often. They ran for what seemed like miles. After a few yards james noticed his brother wasn't in sync with him anymore. After suddenly stopping -kicking up dirt while doing so- James saw his brother, no longer a shining white wolf but, his true form.  James could feel his brothers heart rate increase. He felt a much calmer one as well. he stared at his brother, his back against at tree stump less than ten yards away. His index finger pressed against lips signaling him to be quiet. James got low to the ground as low as he could get. In the blink of an eye peter transformed, his arms and legs began to expand a rapid rate. His height doubbled in a matter of minutes  brown hairs sprouted out over his body, his hands and feet grew wide while his fingers and toes turned white as bone and sharp as blades his nose  grew outward forming a snout with a nose as black as coal. into some form oa great grizzly Bear standing on his hind legs letting out great roars that even jolted James a bit. Impressed with his brothers bravery, he made his way to his side bellowing high hollows as well. As the heartbeat seemed to be getting farther away James and Peter made there way back to their foster home. Nothing spectacular, just a two-story white house surrounded by wilderness. James and Peter where adopted but never separated, and didn't know their real parents. They made there way to the side of the house under their window located on the second story. The window was left open but for some readon it was closed, 'maybe the wind did it,' James thought, nothing to dwell on just a minor obstacle that can be over came quiet easily.

Peter changed back first, James shortly after. Standing in complete darkness, they could see each other clear as day. Their senses where extremely sharper than the average fourteen and fifteen year olds that's for sure.

Peter stood about 5'8 slightly taller than his younger brother, weighing

About 150 lbs., five lbs. More than his younger sibling, give or take. Both boys had highlighted blond hair accompanied by ocean blue eyes.

"What the fuck. I know that window was open when we left. I think the wind might of done it" said James

"I think you're right Peter replied. Peter took a step back and his body started to tremble as his head and shoulders started to shrink, while the rest of his body seem to melt until he was nothing. James leaned forward staring at the grass where his naked brother once stood.

"P-Peter, are you there," whispered James, while inching closer and closer to the grass. A firefly shot out of the grass bouncing off of James's face.

"Whoa," said james, while stumbling backwards. With his keen sense of sight, in pitch black he watch the firefly land on crawl on the window until it was out of his sight. Peter suddenly appeared on the opposite side of the glass and proceeded to open it. The brothers smiled at each other. James jumped in the air and before he could retouch the ground he was an eagle heading toward the window.

© Copyright 2010 M.C Owens (easyo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704672-Shifters