*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720255-Stop-and-Stare
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Fiction · Romance/Love · #1720255
What do you do when you hold the power to change the course of the path of your loved one?
If she keeps staring people are going to start to notice. Lindsey couldn’t help it; everything about Rick made it hard not to stare. Rick got up from the table and headed toward the bar to buy another round for everyone. Lindsey watched as he raised his hand to get the bartenders attention and point to the table they were all sitting at. Lindsey couldn’t help but notice that she was not the only one staring. He had an immense effect on any woman in a room. As Rick walked back to the table Lindsey caught his eyes and looked away. If she allowed herself she could get lost in those chocolate brown eyes. But Rick only had eyes for Carolyn. Lindsey looked at Carolyn and wondered what Rick saw in her. Lindsey loved Carolyn, they were good friends and great roommates, but Rick could have his pick of any woman. Feeling tired, Lindsey said she needed to get home and Carolyn agreed. They said their goodbyes to everyone; Rick walked them out and hailed a taxi. Lindsey got in and waited for Carolyn and Rick to say goodbye. As soon as they got home Lindsey said goodnight to Carolyn and headed to bed. Enjoying her dreams of Rick lately, Lindsey was disappointed to have awoken from a pleasant one, but she realized the funny noise in her dream was actually coming from somewhere in her apartment. She got up and slipped out of her bedroom. Checking the front door to make sure it was locked, Lindsey headed to the living room. Out of the corner of her eye she saw a shimmer of light coming from Carolyn’s room. Noticing the door was open a crack Lindsey poked her head in to make sure Carolyn was okay. In an instant she wished she could take back what she saw. A gasp escaped her mouth; Carolyn turned at the sound and saw Lindsey standing in the door.
Under her breath Carolyn cursed, got up and threw on a robe and followed Lindsey back into her room. Not wanting to look at Carolyn Lindsey asked “What are you doing?”
“I know this looks bad, but please listen” Carolyn said to Lindsey. “Don’t tell Rick, I love him, I don’t want to hurt him; he doesn’t need to know…”
“That you’re sleeping with someone else?” Lindsey bit out, cutting off Carolyn’s sentence.
Carolyn opened her mouth to speak again but Lindsey shook her head and headed to her bed “Good night Carolyn”
“Good night”
After a restless sleep, Lindsey got up and dressed. Seeing the newspaper on the table and a cereal bowl in the sink confirmed that Carolyn already got up and left. Lindsey poured herself a cup of coffee, heated it in the microwave and headed to the balcony. Staring at the homes across the street, so many questions swirled around in her head. With a cocky grin on her face she realized that what she wanted most she could have if she played her cards right. As the sun rose so did her plan to break up Carolyn and Rick. She imagined how the conversations would go and how in just a short time should could be with Rick. She watched as the sunlight dripped over the house and with a sigh she turned to go in. As much as she wanted to be with Rick she would never interfere. Carolyn had nothing to worry about Lindsey would never say anything.


Don't forget to check out my blog - http://cgreyes.wordpress.com/
© Copyright 2010 Crystal Reyes (cgreyes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720255-Stop-and-Stare