*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720325-Guardian
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Dark · #1720325
The creature, the monster, the abomination.... The hero.
  A dark alley filled with trash cans lining the sides of the walls, clothes hanging out to dry ironically in the rain, and the smell of dead rats and the poor homeless that live in this place. A young woman was walking down this alley after getting off of her work at ten p.m. She never took this place before, but it was raining in the large city that night so she decided to take the quickest way possible. The rain hit heavily onto the surface, but that was the least of the woman's worries. Two men walked out from behind a wall that was in front of her, just by the look of them you could tell they were up to no good. One had tatoos on the bottom of his eyelid that represented he had killed someone, and the other was wearing a ski mask. They both had switch blades out and ready to do some damage. They looked at the woman, circling around her, studying her body, deciding what they wanted to do with her. "Umm... I really don't want any trouble guys..." The woman said.

  The man with the ski mask held the blade up to her and said, "We really don't care what you want, bitch."

  One of the homeless men so happened to be there that night and saw the comotion with the two thugs and the young woman. "Hey!" The man said to them. "What're you guys doin'!?"

  The thug with an eye tattoo retrieved a gun from his leather jacket pocket and aimed it at the homeless man, shooting him dead in the heart. The woman ran off, but the man with the tattoo made the ski masked man go after her. She had made about halfway down the cross alley until she was tackled down to the muddy ground by the masked man. He held her down as she tried to get him off of her. The man was too strong. He held her down and ripped open her shirt. She screamed, but the sound of the busy night's cars and people blocked it. No one heard her. As the masked man began to reach down to perform his sick deed, he was suddenly swept off of the woman and his own two feet. He was dragged upwards, up to the top of the building. The woman watched in shock, trying to contimplate between her panic and what had just happened. Still looking up she saw the maked man fall straight to the ground, his kneck being twisted upwards, his spine being snapped in two, and his life being ended with the smack of the gravel.

  The woman ran from the corpse, and sadly, back into the tattoo man. He was searching the homeless man's pockets for money. Once he saw her, he started walking towards her, his gun drawn right at her. Right as he clicked the lock of the barrel back, they both heard a strange growl from behind him. When her looked, a large, scaly creature with pure red eyes and a face shrouded by a brown, old rag was peering down at the man. The creature looked down at the homeless man, lying there in a pool of his own blood. It's red eyes began to grow with pure hatred, and they peered back at the thug. Before he could shoot, the thug's arm holding the gun was torn off by the creatures large, scaly arm. As the thug tried to scream, the creature tore off his bottom jaw. The thug fell into a muddy puddle and choked to death on his own blood.

  The woman, on the other hand, stood there watching what the creature had just done to the thug. She saw the gun still in the severed hand of the thug's arm. The arm was only a few inches away from where she was standing, and out of fear she reached for the gun and pried it from the severed arm's fingers. When she looked up and aimed the gun at the creature, it was holding the homeless man in it's hands. It's eyes were no longer full of hatred, no longer glowing full of rage, but rather they were full of comapassion, heartbreak. It held the homeless man tightly, and began to shed tears. All it said was a child like, "Fa...... ther......"

  The woman layed down the gun, and took one step towards the creature. It still shed tears of sorrow for the homeless man, for it's father. As the woman began to come closer, the creature looked at her, still no hatred in it's eyes. Now they were full of confusion and fear. "What..... Are you?" The woman asked it, trying to sound calm but still had a shakiness in her voice.

  The creature pointed it's long claw at itself. "I am..... Pro.... tector...."

  "Protector?" The woman asked, looking at the homeless man's body still in the creatures arms.

  "I protect.... People....... Because Father say..... I'm good guy....." The creature said, looking back at it's father's body.

  The woman reflected on what the creature did moments ago, killing both of the thugs that attacked her and it's father. She realised it's not something evil, something bad, but rather a protector over the innocent and slayer of the guilty. "Where... where do you live?...." The woman asked it.

  The creature looked up at the sky through the cracks of the buildings. "I live.... in the city....." It said. The back of it's coat began to move and tear open. Soon large bat-like wings ripped out of it.

  "Where are you going?" The woman asked it, as it began to walk away with It's father still in It's arms.

  "I am going.... to bury Father....." It said.

  "Will.... will I see you again?" The woman asked It, becoming more comfortable around It.

  "Yes..... I will be.... Your protector...... I am.... City's protector..... Father says....." The creature said, flapping it's wings and running down the the alley. It got enough wind to fly off of the ground and into the dark night sky. The moon shined on it beautifully. The woman was mesmorised. Something that could look so evil, so terrible, was the protector. While those that look like everyone else can be the bad guys.

  She began to walk home, out of the rain, and felt safe knowing that she had a Guardian watching over her...

  The..... End.......
© Copyright 2010 ScaryMan (thescaryman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1720325-Guardian