*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722637-Going-to-Grandmas-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: · Other · Children's · #1722637
wpc word count
Grandma only watch TV for the news, so she popped some popcorn and we sat around telling family stories.She brought out of her banjo and picked "she will be coming around the mountain"While we sang.

We never tired of hearing stories especial the missing cards.

Over the years of going back and forthto Grandma's the trips never become uneventful.

when the roadds were two lanes and went through the towns we made friends and people were friendly.

Then came the three lanes they called suicide strrips. One learned the curves to ride and the ones to ride the inside of the curves.

then they built the interstate nothing but the roads Christmas was the worse for beforewe could se the houses all dedocrated and could imagine the happy people inside. The most you see from the interstate in a quick glance here and there. Mom said she was going to take a videoand play back in slow motion. To see where she had been for Dad drove so fast

but she was not going to tell him to slow down on the bridge.



We are back home and Sparky was happy to see us and the cat went back to eating gourmet food. Jamie said, i still do not have my crochet wedding dress and Jake complained he could not find any motorcycle cards.

Mom counted her silver twiced happy she had not lost any.Dad announced for the next trip let us downsize what we take. The bird chirped one quick chirp Jamie knew she was saying well you cannot leave me.



Well we did not go to Grandma's for Thanksgiving but went to my uncles in Delaware. The last time they went they rode the ferry. Where you drive your car on the boat with alot of other cars and then walk on the deck to watch as you cross the water..

This time we are going by the bay bridge and would cross an eighteen mile long bridge.

i hope Jake will not name the sea gulls, he thinks everything needs a name, it can get repetivefor he starts with an a-Alvin b-Bud c-Charles and on until he runs out of whatever he is naming. i am a Jamie so sometimes I am a boy but I am a girl, with a boy girl name.

Thank goodness once on the boat Jake was interested in the boats,and in a scream when one of the big boats looked as if it was going to run into us.

I could not even scream when the road went down into a tunnel a lighted tunnel. When we exit the tunnel the boat was on the other side of us.It run over us and us in the tunnel.

Mom raised up she had hid her head in her lap, she was okaygoing across the bridge ,if she could see the traffic going the opposite way. That way she knew the bridge was still there up ahead.

At another point on the bridge was high in the air so the boats could go under not over.

They did not have a draw bridge I guess no one wanted to be on it when the bridge opened.I

Sure would not and was glad to see the other end and Jake forgot to name the sea gulls.

We got there the weekend of the fishermen contestas who could catch the biggest fish.

Our uncle anchored in with a twenty inch trout and we waited in suspence for the other boats to come ashore. He was the winner so we all got in the picture.

So looking at the water nothing but water as far as you could see Jake said he saw a phantom boat.I told him not to look so hard.

The best thing that happen other than eating the same thing that people did in the White House my aunt always cooked what they would have for Thanksgiving. Sometimes I bet hers was better the cherries in brandy sause over chiffon cake would be hard to beat.

After dinner the men watched football and after dishes  my aunt wanted to know if I could crochet/(suspious did mom hear kim and i talking) then i began to learn sc and dc and triple

dc how many to make a row . Three rows and decrease a sc or dc and before long I had made what look like a skirt. Then i got excitedcould i really make a crochet dress.. When  I got a stitch to many I decided to add a pearl button then began to work more of the buttons.

With my Aunt's helpI finished the prettiest crochet doll wedding dress with a beautiful train with beads that could drape around your shoulder as a scarf added a professional look.

Maybe I would let Kim see it I have not made up my mind.
© Copyright 2010 delight (dot1067 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1722637-Going-to-Grandmas-5