*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728781-My-Life-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Teen · #1728781
Have you ever had those problems as a teen? Well Amethyst lives it every day. JUST A STORY
  My name is Amethyst Sahara Kensington. I am 16. My mom says I've been acting different. I don't get why.

  "Tell me what has been happening," The shrink said real dull and bored-like.

  "Listen, I ain't gotta pay you, or nothin'. I don't even gotta be here, Doc."

  Then his ears perked up, and he stopped acting so miserable. "Sorry. Tell me what happened."

  I leaned back in my chair, and stared at the ceiling. My finger traced up my face and touched my lips. They are so chapped. I started talking, and got lost.



    *        *        *        *        *        *          *        *      *      *          *            *          *            *            *          *            *     

"Amee! Get down here, NOW!" Mom yelled, her words slurred.

I jumped from my desk when she said my name, and ran down the stairs. I almost fell. But I didn't. Her boyfriend was sitting at the table. They were fighting last night. I thought they finally broke up. Then I saw my mom. Black eye, one less tooth, knife slit across her cheek.

"What did you do to her?!" I hate my mom, but I hate her boyfriend more.

"Not what I called you down here for! Just shut your six-year-old mouth, and let me speak when I'm speaking!"

I see her boyfriend out the corner of my eye. He's looking me up. Again. What's his problem?! I'm a six-year-old girl. He shouldn't feel that way towards me. Daddy only left 2 years ago. 'He'll come back. He'll come back.' I always tell myself, but I know he's not.

"Then what DID you call me down here for?!" I was pissed. I just HATE her. Her boyfriend steps in, and grabs my arms, holding me in place.

"YOU do NOT talk to your MOTHER that WAY!" He shakes me on 'You, Not, Mother, and Way.' I'm crying, and mom sees.

"Leave her alone!" And she grabs his arm. He lets go of me with the arm that isn't being held by my mom, and backhands her.
© Copyright 2010 princesspaigie (princesspaigie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1728781-My-Life-Chapter-1